[Q] Rooting ZTE Majesty

Search This thread

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.

I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.

Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
Bump!

I'm really sorry for bumping, but I have to try to keep this at the top and not hidden away and forgotten. I have tried a few more methods (probably more dangerous methods) that also didn't work. I have posted elsewhere about rooting this phone but I haven't found anyone who can do it. Thanks so much. I know there is someone out there who can help! =D

Reactions: ghost Unter

wrsaville

Oct 12, 2013
ZTE Majesty Z796C

For the simple face that this phone came out in Sept 2013, it's no wonder why an exploit hasn't been found. Also, to complicate things, it's running Android 4.1.2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've found, this is a particularly difficult one to crack. I found a video online but the root doesn't stick. When it reboots, it's gone. Very frustrating. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Can't stand not owning my device...

BTW, it does indeed have dual core processor at 1.2 GHz.

Reactions: Sparkster691

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
For the simple face that this phone came out in Sept 2013, it's no wonder why an exploit hasn't been found. Also, to complicate things, it's running Android 4.1.2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've found, this is a particularly difficult one to crack. I found a video online but the root doesn't stick. When it reboots, it's gone. Very frustrating. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Can't stand not owning my device...

You're talking about that Chinese root, right? That one come's SO close. But yeah, after it restart it goes away. But I have it to where before the root process ends, it sticks... but it doesn't work properly and doesn't say your device is properly rooted. Then once you restart it, it goes away. I'm trying to keep this topic as active as I can because I know someone out there is wanting to help me =D

wrsaville

Oct 12, 2013
UPDATE: I have tried the Chinese root method, SMSRoot, OneClickRoot, Klingo Android Root, SuperOneClick, RescueRoot, Poot/Ministro, z4Root, Framaroot, and even UnlockRoot Pro (a friend of mine has it). None of them Root the phone or root it permanently. It's as if the phone removes it purposely after reboot. I even tried manually rooting and no dice. Please Obi Phone Kenobi, where's our only root?

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
Yeah those are all the ones I tried too. I did post this on a lot of android forums but I still can't get anyone to help. This phone is about 2 weeks old and should have a root by now. If you do find a root though, would you post it here? I've been searching since the 13 for a root XD This forum may be the only chance because, well, it's a dev forum!

philmiami

May 13, 2011
Miami
Yeah those are all the ones I tried too. I did post this on a lot of android forums but I still can't get anyone to help. This phone is about 2 weeks old and should have a root by now. If you do find a root though, would you post it here? I've been searching since the 13 for a root XD This forum may be the only chance because, well, it's a dev forum!

I just ordered one of those phones since it is on the Verizon network and that does work in the mountains and I am going to NC from Miami, I need a good throw away, anyhow......
I like to root them. My MetroPOS GS3 is rooted and I can hot spot it on 4G LTE if I need to
Even thou this would be at 3G speed, I still want to be able to hot spot 'em
so if anyone does find a root that works.......please post it here.
Also if it can be one-clicked because I use a Macbook Pro on the road, and I don't have bootcamp/Win7 on it like my iMac here at home. (That or some way to make it work thru a Mac to root it)......thanks :fingers-crossed:

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
So has anyone got a good root for this yet? I've been asking around but no progress. I wish I knew the problem.

wrsaville

Oct 12, 2013
It's as if 4.1.2 intentionally rejects the root and uninstalls it upon reboot during the boot process. I tried looking up the exploit from other ZTE phones, but I believe it was fixed...

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
It's as if 4.1.2 intentionally rejects the root and uninstalls it upon reboot during the boot process. I tried looking up the exploit from other ZTE phones, but I believe it was fixed...

Yeah. That's how it seems, especially since I can get Kingo to root it and if I unplug my device from my PC right before it finishes to tell it to shut down. But it works very temporarily (like, super temporarily. Titanium Backup doesn't work and I can't install a hacked Google Play). Root checker says it is rooted, though. But only until I restart.

Any way to downgrade this to 4.0 at all?

brekstar

Jun 26, 2013
St. Paul
Crazy ZTE

Wow do they really have this phone locked! I've tried everything under the sun to ROOT this device....NO GO!!!!.....Man this is kinda fun. I really do like a good challenge...

Last edited:

StarMetro

Nov 8, 2013
Any luck, folks? OneClick Root's website is now claiming to work on Majesty: Has anyone attempted it lately? I'm new to rooting and a bit nervous.

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
Any luck, folks? OneClick Root's website is now claiming to work on Majesty: Has anyone attempted it lately? I'm new to rooting and a bit nervous.

I just tried it and it doesn't work. They trolled me lol. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it because I could have made my phone unrootable by trying so many different methods on it. I would honestly SEND my phone to a professional rooter and get them to make a method for it.

thedevilashish

Aug 28, 2013
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Try This :)

Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.

I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.

Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)

Try This Guide! Visit My Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470487

& Hit THANKS :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bump!

I'm really sorry for bumping, but I have to try to keep this at the top and not hidden away and forgotten. I have tried a few more methods (probably more dangerous methods) that also didn't work. I have posted elsewhere about rooting this phone but I haven't found anyone who can do it. Thanks so much. I know there is someone out there who can help! =D
    ZTE Majesty Z796C

Crazy ZTE

Wow do they really have this phone locked! I've tried everything under the sun to ROOT this device....NO GO!!!!.....Man this is kinda fun. I really do like a good challenge...
    Try This :)

Try This Guide! Visit My Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470487

& Hit THANKS :)