[DEV] Discussion Thread [Developers-Only]

Search This thread

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
Hi guys,
I made this thread for all the developers to discuss about their new projects, errors while building, source building, help and support, CM bring-ups, patches and fixes, since we don't have a "Developers discussion" forum for our devices. :D

It's a nice place for newbies like me to learn a lot from the awesome devs here. :highfive:

This place is just for developers and people trying to build ROMs from source or kernels. ;)

NOTE- THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR BUG REPORTING :mad:

Though you can try to attach some log cats with errors and the people who may know about it can prepare a fix :)

Try to keep this thread clean.

Cheers,
AJ :fingers-crossed:

Nice thread :thumbup: @Abhinav2
I probably also understood why you get all those bugs :
1. Is the tree uploaded on your git really the one you used ?
It's stranger . I can prepare a working and nice tree for nypon foked from LX's one ;)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

EDIT :-
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `system/media/bootanimation.zip', needed by `/home/gava97/out/target/product/kumquat/'.  Stop.

My kumquat.mk is fine and bootanimation's directory is listed to "vendor/carbon/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip" :eek:

Abhinav1997

Jul 29, 2012
Nice thread :thumbup: @Abhinav2
I probably also understood why you get all those bugs :
1. Is the tree uploaded on your git really the one you used ?
It's stranger . I can prepare a working and nice tree for nypon foked from LX's one ;)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

EDIT :-
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `system/media/bootanimation.zip', needed by `/home/gava97/out/target/product/kumquat/'.  Stop.

My kumquat.mk is fine and bootanimation's directory is listed to "vendor/carbon/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip" :eek:

Yep that's the tree I used. I'll try to fork the tree from LX2012 and create a new tree for nypon. But the link I gave above was the one for kumquat forked from XperiaNovathor, the one Gava97 uses :)

And as per the error is concerned I also got it. What I did was just copy the zip file to system/media and rename it to bootanimation.zip
Since you are using a server just type this in the command line when you will be in your source folder-
Code:
cp vendor/carbon/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip system/media
mv system/media/480.zip system/media/bootanimation.zip

Compile again and you should be good to go ;)

BTW I'll recommend a clean re-build but rest is up to you :D

Cheers,
AJ

Reactions: DroidModderXtreme
Yep that's the tree I used. I'll try to fork the tree from LX2012 and create a new tree for nypon. But the link I gave above was the one for kumquat forked from XperiaNovathor, the one Gava97 uses :)

And as per the error is concerned I also got it. What I did was just copy the zip file to system/media and rename it to bootanimation.zip
Since you are using a server just type this in the command line when you will be in your source folder-
Code:
cp vendor/carbon/prebuilt/common/bootanimation/480.zip system/media
mv system/media/480.zip system/media/bootanimation.zip

Compile again and you should be good to go ;)

BTW I'll recommend a clean re-build but rest is up to you :D

Cheers,
AJ

Worked fine. Thx so much mate :)

Abhinav1997

Jul 29, 2012
Reactions: king960

Garcia98

Mar 4, 2013
github.com
Another Error 1 compiling CM11

Hi guys,
I'm getting this error when I try to compile CM11, I have applied all patches.
It's obvious that something is going wrong with cm_strings.xml.orig, maybe deleting it will be fixed that error?
If I'm not wrong .orig files are just backups of diff tool, so I won't get any strange error if I delete it, will I?

Thank You :)

Abhinav1997

Jul 29, 2012
Hi guys,
I'm getting this error when I try to compile CM11, I have applied all patches.
It's obvious that something is going wrong with cm_strings.xml.orig, maybe deleting it will be fixed that error?
If I'm not wrong .orig files are just backups of diff tool, so I won't get any strange error if I delete it, will I?

Thank You :)

One of your patches(most probably framework_base.patch) failed at one or the other point. Try manual patching :)
Or try replacing all your patches with these - https://github.com/95A31/android_hardware_semc/tree/cm-11.0/patches
Delete the following folders-
bionic, bootable, external, framework,hardware ,system, packages from your source, re-repo sync and then apply those new patches( thanks to @95A31) just to be on safer side and then try...
If there's any confusion, if you have ssh set on your box, I can help you via ssh remote control or team viewer whichever is good for you :)

Cheers,
AJ

Reactions: Garcia98

95A31

May 15, 2013
Guys you are able to compile CM11 git without have a bootloop after flash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    I made this thread for all the developers to discuss about their new projects, errors while building, source building, help and support, CM bring-ups, patches and fixes, since we don't have a "Developers discussion" forum for our devices. :D

It's a nice place for newbies like me to learn a lot from the awesome devs here. :highfive:

This place is just for developers and people trying to build ROMs from source or kernels. ;)

NOTE- THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR BUG REPORTING :mad:

Though you can try to attach some log cats with errors and the people who may know about it can prepare a fix :)

Try to keep this thread clean.

Cheers,
    AJ :fingers-crossed:
    How to build Carbon ROM

Since many guys asked me this question(mostly sola users), here it is, the building instructions for Carbon ROM. I won't tell how to initialize the build environment. You should learn that yourself(tons of guides on XDA). Also I don't approve spoon-feeding so I'll not directly recommend you using my device tree(though you could but you shouldn't), instead I'll teach you guys how to prepare the device tree on your own for carbon build. Please [DON'T PM me as my PM is not a Q/A section. You can post your errors here. And please don't ask me for writing building instructions for this or that ROM. I will just ignore.

Firstly make sure you are on a linux distro with a proper build environment setup. Also read this very very good guide by my friend @Red Devil on repo tool -> xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329228

Now lets start-

Code:
    mkdir ~/android
    mkdir ~/android/carbon
    cd ~/android/carbon

Initializing carbon repo-

Code:
    repo init -u https://github.com/CarbonDev/android.git -b kk

Next part is adding the local manifest-

Code:
    mkdir .repo/local_manifests
    curl http://paste.teamblueridge.org/view/raw/382072f0 > .repo/local_manifests/default.xml

Now repo sync (this will download 8-9 GB sources and can take time)-

After repo sync has finished completely we gotta do some patching-
    Code:
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/framework_av.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/framework_base.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/hardware_libhardware.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/hardware_libhardware_legacy.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/bionic.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/bootable_recovery.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/external_bluetooth_bluedroid.patch
    patch -p1 < hardware/semc/patches/packages_apps_Bluetooth.patch
    cd system/core
    curl https://raw2.github.com/Abhinav1997/patches_novathor/master/core.patch > core.patch
    curl https://raw2.github.com/Abhinav1997/patches_novathor/master/core1.patch > core1.patch
    patch -p1 < core.patch
    patch -p1 < core1.patch
    cd ../..

Now preparing device tree-
    Code:
    cd device/sony/<device_codename>
    mv cm.mk carbon.mk
    nano carbon.mk

Now change this line-

Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/gsm.mk)

to-

Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/carbon/config/common_gsm.mk)

Change this line-

Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

to-

Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/carbon/config/common_phone.mk)

Then change this line-

Code:
    PRODUCT_NAME := cm_nypon

to-

Code:
    PRODUCT_NAME := carbon_nypon

Now we are ready to build-

Code:
    cd ../../..
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch <device_codename>

Device Codenames-

Xperia P -> nypon
    Xperia U -> kumquat
    Xperia Sola -> pepper

Note- These instructions are not added for Xperia Go yet. Please provide me with xperia go's vendor files from your device(DONT ASK ME HOW TO) and I'll add it :)

You can get errors. Post them here, I'll try to help you :)

Cheers,
    AJ
    ok everything fine..

should i release it ??.. its basically ur work IMHO ..

Lol. I just helped a bit. Its your work completely. Release it :good:

Cheers,
    AJ
    @DroidModderXtreme and other people interested...
    Here- https://github.com/Abhinav1997/android_device_sony_kumquat/tree/carbon4.4 is the device tree for kumquat with editing done for carbon. Anyone can try to build it :)

EDIT- Device tree also edited for ChameleonOS, see the respective branch :)

Cheers,
    AJ
    GOT IT!!!! HALLELUIAAAA "!!! FINALLY !!!!

72ak28.png
    [/IMG]

Rock on !