[ROM][32A] CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 - NOW CM UPDATER FRIENDLY! [01-30-10]

Search This thread

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
CursorSense 32A

This ROM just keeps getting better and better! This has turned out to be a lot of fun!

This is a 1.5 Cupcake Sense UI ROM based on the official 3.05 Rogers HTC RUU for people who need a stable ROM with all the features working.

If you enjoy my work, and appreciate the time spent, please consider a donation! :)

ENJOY!

Thanks goes to:
- Amon_RA for the Hero recovery
- MoDaCo for finding the 1.76.2007 SPL for Hero that works on Magic too.
- Teknologist for the new kernel that I'm using (DAMN!!! This is fast!)
- MLIGN for the framework-res.apk from MLIGN v3.3 (Nice battery icons!)
- Many more as well, please let me know if I've used part of your work and have not credited you. I'm not here to make enemies.

** YOU MUST HAVE RADIO 6.35.07.29 OR HIGHER AND SPL 1.76.2007 ENG BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. THIS ROM CANNOT BE FLASHED ON A DEVICE WITH PERFECTED SPL 1.76.0007!
** MAKE SURE YOU ARE 100% SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO UPDATED TO 6.35.07.29 OR HIGHER BEFORE APPLYING THE NEW SPL!!!!
** DO NOT APPLY THESE UPDATES TO A 32B MAGIC/SAPPHIRE OR A HTC DREAM/G1. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!

Because of the size of the /system partition, this ROM will not flash onto any Sapphire 32A with the 1.33.20XX Eng SPL.

You will need to have the 6.35 radio and 1.76.2007 SPL, and the Hero (not Magic/Sapphire) Recovery from Amon_RA to flash this ROM. Follow the directions at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239 to flash the new radio, SPL and recovery.

Once you have the new SPL, Radio and Recovery, then you can apply CursorSense32A like any other ROM update.zip file.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here, please do not attempt to flash this ROM, or change your radio/SPL/recovery. Actually, if you don't already have an Eng SPL 1.33, this ROM is not for you.

Frequently Asked Questions
Read this before posting any questions!!!

CM Updater Information
Version 1.2.4 or higher is now CM Updater friendly! These versions include CM Updater 4.5.2.
Within CM Updater, scan this QR Code, or type in the update address: http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/updates.json
CM Updater can only download updates as of right now, you need to move them to the root of your SD and apply manually.
qrcode.png

Thanks to Cyanogen and garok89 for the CM Updater!

Changelog

Always create a nandroid backup before applying a new update.

Custom Recovery RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.6.2
Mounts SD card immediately, based on RA-Sapphire-v1.5.2H
Highly recommended!
Flash through FASTBOOT
Code:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.5.2.img
fastboot oem powerdown

CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 Incremental Update / MD5SUM
REQUIRES 1.2.4 be installed first.

CursorSense32A-1.2.4 / MD5SUM
Note: If you don't want CM Updater to ask you to install a Cyanogen ROM, use the instructions above.

Apps Pack
Apply as update to version 1.2.3 or higher, do not wipe before.
Only has to be applied once since version 1.2.5

Standard Default Lockscreen (Any version)
Apply as update to any version, do not wipe before.

Nexus Bootscreen Mod
Apply as update to any version, do not wipe before or after
Will not work on versions older than 1.2.3

CIME Pack is no longer supported.
Other CIME packs for Hero work, so you can try those. :)

Please feel free to make suggestions or ask any questions you may have.

I'm not a professional Android developer, more of a hobbyist.
If you like my work and appreciate the time I spend to create this ROM, please consider a donation.

Last edited:

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
REQUEST

hey m8 just wondering if u have a working g-sensor and if so can i have a dump ? i have messd op my own when using compass from market while in SU mode "debugging" ..lots others dudes have had their g-sensor smashed by the publisher of COMPASS plz nandroid plz...

great rom ...but the rapid share link is ONLY working if your on a landline ... mobiles is sharing ips

thx m8 ....

Last edited:

Dave778

Nov 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hey cursordroid, nice upload, thx.
(1) Is the radio u supplied with this rom compatible with Rogers 19003G and Fido 8503G?
(2) can this SPL be flashed over 1.33.2005 SPL?
(3) Can I flash back to other roms after flashing 1.76.2007 SPL

thanks in advance

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
Hey cursordroid, nice upload, thx.
(1) Is the radio u supplied with this rom compatible with Rogers 19003G and Fido 8503G?
(2) can this SPL be flashed over 1.33.2005 SPL?
(3) Can I flash back to other roms after flashing 1.76.2007 SPL

thanks in advance

(1) Yes, I'm running this radio on my Rogers 3G right now. (850/1900)
(2) This SPL can only be flashed over 1.33.20xx. Make sure you do it in the right order by following the instructions in the post.
(3) You would need to revert back to your 3.22.20.17 radio and 1.33.2005 SPL. This is easy though.

If you like the Sense UI and widgets and want a fast and incredibly stable ROM, this is the one to use!

Dave778

Nov 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
THX! jus what I needed to hear :) when reverting back to 2005 spl and 3.22.20.17 radio do I have to use goldcard or can I jus flash over with amons recovery?

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
ive never flashed my spl or radio..how can i find out which version i have?
im running mygd's senseui rom..do you think its worth an upgrade?

edit: your links seem to have a very strict limit. if its not much trouble do you mind uploading them on a mirror?

Last edited:

manuroc

Oct 10, 2009
Google Pixel 6
I use a European unbranded HTC Magic 32A with support for 900/2100 MHz 3G bands, but not for the Rogers/AT&T 850/1900 Mhz bands. Will the radio work on my phone? Wouldn't want to brick it....

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I use a European unbranded HTC Magic 32A with support for 900/2100 MHz 3G bands, but not for the Rogers/AT&T 850/1900 Mhz bands. Will the radio work on my phone? Wouldn't want to brick it....

the radio.img doesn't control the actual frequencies that the phone uses. That's controlled through what type of hardware antenna is in the phone.
This radio.img is safe to flash for any 32A.

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
ive never flashed my spl or radio..how can i find out which version i have?
im running mygd's senseui rom..do you think its worth an upgrade?

edit: your links seem to have a very strict limit. if its not much trouble do you mind uploading them on a mirror?

I'm on limited bandwidth, so I can't mirror these.
RapidShare can be annoying at times, but stick with it, you'll get the files downloaded.

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
its working now, all i needed was a little patience.

since ive been flashing my phone a lot lately to find a decent rom, my phone is pretty much fresh..so i dont mind flashing again..

ill test this and get back to you..ahhh i hope i dont brick it..this will be my first time updating the radio and spl

kgb007

Sep 27, 2009
rooted?
Language included Chinese?
Sorry, my English is very poor。

well,you have to install a software called "more local"
it contains Chinese language.
well, change HTC-CIME to HTC-IMC is not good for chinese user, but we can install other Chinese input software.
that's ok

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
its working now, all i needed was a little patience.

since ive been flashing my phone a lot lately to find a decent rom, my phone is pretty much fresh..so i dont mind flashing again..

ill test this and get back to you..ahhh i hope i dont brick it..this will be my first time updating the radio and spl

ok back..

i was able to flash the SPL and the ROM..while the radio and boot both gave me a signature verification fail..

however, i was going through a bootloop since the radio isnt there..so i just flashed it back to the old rom i was using..

EDIT: i tried to flash the radio again through fastboot..right now its saying "writing 'radio'..."
its been like that for a few minutes..anything wrong?

EDIT 2: uhm..still same msg ..and for the phone, the screen is still black with the light on. could this be due to having the spl already updated before the radio?

EDIT 3: everything is okay now..will get back to you after going through the rom for a day or so..THANKS!!

EDIT 4: noticed theres not much free space on the phone..might wanna remove useless stock apps for your final release.

Last edited:

magicdroid

Oct 20, 2009
Ghent
marcvg.blogspot.com
ok back..

i was able to flash the SPL and the ROM..while the radio and boot both gave me a signature verification fail..

however, i was going through a bootloop since the radio isnt there..so i just flashed it back to the old rom i was using..

EDIT: i tried to flash the radio again through fastboot..right now its saying "writing 'radio'..."
its been like that for a few minutes..anything wrong?

EDIT 2: uhm..still same msg ..and for the phone, the screen is still black with the light on. could this be due to having the spl already updated before the radio?

EDIT 3: everything is okay now..will get back to you after going through the rom for a day or so..THANKS!!
Could you already tell us if it is faster then GyD's Sense rom? ;-)

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
Could you already tell us if it is faster then GyD's Sense rom? ;-)

its actually pretty good so far..havent run it too long to really tell..

the thing is im sitting on 30mb of free ram (but i do have a lot of programs open, most of which are auto-start..not sure if theyre important or not so i dont wanna remove anything) and i have 90mb free space..yet its still smooth..

one thing id like to see is the transparent lockscreen. it can be added on your own if youd like. im going to try to do that right now

Top Liked Posts