[Q] Back Button Stuck [Solution!]

Search This thread

yvrRome

Sep 3, 2006
My back button was getting stuck and so I updated the touch fw and I don't have the problem anymore but it seems the back button is not as responsive as before. Sometimes I have to touch it several times before it would register.

The menu button is fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
I´ve GT-I9000T with

tsp fw version : 22
parts tsp fw version : 22
tsp threshold : 40

phones touch key fw version : 0xa9
parts touch key fw version : 0xa9

Rom
PDA: I9000XXJPY
PHONE: I9000UGJL2
CSC: I9000OXAJPY
Build Info: 2010.12

and the trick broke my buttons back and home :confused:

I'm having the EXACTLY same problem! I'm going crazy, I don't know how to fix it!

Last edited:

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
I have the buttons problem and it won't go away! It's driving me nuts!: (

Last edited:

ranchero76

May 29, 2010
Guys, this might help you. might not. I have I9000M (Bell), just received replacement phone from Samsung today. Had same problem with stuck buttons. I've tried method from 1-st page and also lost both buttons as some of you! Then I've tried re-flash JL2 twice! It didn't help! I still had no buttons! Then I went to the same menu, and clicked again "Touch key FW update" - I had nothing to loose anyway :) But surprisingly I've got my buttons back and it seems they don't stuck anymore!
And it seems the phone is waaaay less sluggish now! Don't now if it'll last though :) I can't believe how lousy this phone's firmware, despite it's great phone :(

Update Feb, 14 - the problem never showed up again, so it looks that if it's been fixed, it fixed for good.

Last edited:

Magus

Feb 14, 2007
San Isidro
Thank you very much ranchero76! I finally get back my buttons. I had to return to the previous stock rom GT-I9000T! worked! I m very happy!!

ghod

Nov 13, 2008
Hi guys: I've the same problem. Mi phone is GT-I9000T with Froyo 2.2.1, updated with kies (oficial ROM) The version is JP9.

I have not tried installing previous version, because I dont have the ROMs.

Please, tell me where can I get the 2.1 and 1.6 versions for try.

Thanks in advance.

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
my touch keys haven't been working since i got the phone, used from a friend. it is a pre-production model as he tells me (he's a samsung employee).

i've tried flashing different kernels / firmwares / roms but none seemed to help restore the keys. i'm currently running Darky's RC10 (Gingerbread). i'm thinking of trying the above mentioned update on the current rom and see the results. got nothing to lose as it is, but too lazy to go all the way to the stock stuff

Update:
it says updating....Warning: Do not turn off. been going on for the last 15 min. is that normal?

Last edited:

Yeria

Sep 1, 2010
Toronto
It seems you have to flash a stock ROM to make the update to work. I'm running Darky's 10.1 and the update just stays stuck as yours is.

alejobenitez

Aug 14, 2008
i buy my phone about a month ago (gt-i9000t). i'm on gingerbread official and i did the Touch key FW updateand it worked for 1 week and the problem is back. Does anybody knows what else can i do?

psikofunkster

Dec 2, 2010
I updated to froyo 2 months ago and i've never had this issue until this week......found this thread and applied the fix gonna test it....

420SYN

Sep 13, 2010
Chesley
Same here except I tried that stupd 2663 garbage and lost my menu and back buttons. I'm now on official firmware and still can't fix it.

For anyone that tried the 2663 code on a custom gingerbread firmware. I had to revert to my official froyo that came with the phone then redo the 2663. Don't forget you'll need a froyo bootloader.

gewone

Aug 24, 2010
Please, let's knock our precious heads together~

We need to get to the bottom with this. I have a Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660). I received the upgrade (Froyo -> Gingerbread v2.3.3) over Kies after only a couple of days since the purchase. Ever since, this issue has been bothering me. No, I'm not a Galaxy S user, but I found this thread and it feels like I have the right to bump in here. What am I supposed to do? It seems (by reading your thoughts) that this issue would remain if I somehow reverted back to Froyo. So, is it (really) software related, and not something malfunctioning with my touchscreen? I've been thinking a lot lately. Also, I've done numerous full factory resets (using menu some of the times, service code others). The issue always remains. What am I supposed to do? The service code to pull an update on the touchscreen? Have done it several times, it successfully "updates" touchscreen firmware, but the issue remains. As I've come to understand by reading the previous post, I need to revert to the firmware (Froyo) that came with the phone, to be able to "truthfully successfully" pull that service code, is this correct? But Kies would only let me upgrade, not downgrade, so this is not possible :(

Any suggestions?

jgpds

Dec 30, 2008
For anyone that tried the 2663 code on a custom gingerbread firmware. I had to revert to my official froyo that came with the phone then redo the 2663. Don't forget you'll need a froyo bootloader.

I also lost my back & menu buttons thanks to this 2663 code, my question: what do i need to do to revert this? my phone is I9000T with official froyo 2.2.1 (UBJPA) rooted using SuperOneClick and unlocked editing the nv_data.bin file, those are the only changes made to the phone since i got it. i see a lot of "flash", "hard reset", "factory defaults" but i'm not so clear of what i need to do to revert this

Thanks in advance...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, goto your dialer and type the following:
    *#*#2663#*#*
    Then click Touch key FW update.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you too,
    I had the same issue and after doing this I haven't seen the problem in a number of days.
    This may or may not work, I have found this menu on my own and don't know if it will solve anything
    This happened to me out of the blue on JL2. Luckily, it looks like the fix worked for now. Any word of this problem coming back for those who have applied the FW update? Normally i'd apply the fix and forget about it but this device is so janky...

It's been two weeks and several rom and kernel flashes, this issue has not reappeared.

Sent from my GT-I9000m
    Had to flash JL2 back, redo this and get the proper firmware for the i9000m. My buttons are back :)

So to be clear, do not run this command from a non-i9000m ROM or you will lose your buttons! :)