[Q] Galaxy note n7000 ever Going To Update To Android 4.4(official)

Search This thread

SHIV9911

Oct 21, 2010
Recently I Learned That Android 4.4 Require Only 512 Ram Than
Why Samsung Is Not Put Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4 Update List ?
:crying::crying::crying::crying::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
@lukasspro777 Would you like to elaborate on that? Obviously going out of TW will also bring some disadvantages, like the use of the S PEN, and some TW based applications which I quite enjoy: the S Note and the S Planner, just to name a few.

Obviously they can be replaced - however not something everyone is willing to do.

The major thing for me with the stock ROM is the lack of space for installing applications. Nothing is more irritating than receiving a brand new update of your favourite application and when trying to install it and get the "not enough memory" error.

I for one did get annoyed enough to try the SlimBean final stable version, and I did not go back. The ROM is fantastic, and extremely light. I had to install some new applications like the Business Calendar Pro and the matching Business tasks which I learned to enjoy (even though the visual aspect of the S Planner was better in my opinion). I also substituted the S Note with Evernote, Sketchbook mobile express and Papyrus and now it looks like a new phone.

However its not like I gained a new feature with 4.3.1 over what the stock ROM had. But after about 2 years of using it, it was taking too much time to open some applications and the general lag was all over the place. Now its not a Galaxy Note 3, but I am quite happy with this change.

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
There is a thread on modified pit to increase data partition..

I know nokiamodel91, but I don't want to swap my SD card and internal memory. I want to be able to swap my 64gb sd card and not worry that half of my applications will stop working.

I never understood why out of the 16GB internal storage only 1.9GB can be used for applications. I have the internal storage almost empty, as I save everything on the micro sd card and find it very frustrating to have internal storage space but can't use it to install applications.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
I know nokiamodel91, but I don't want to swap my SD card and internal memory. I want to be able to swap my 64gb sd card and not worry that half of my applications will stop working.

I never understood why out of the 16GB internal storage only 1.9GB can be used for applications. I have the internal storage almost empty, as I save everything on the micro sd card and find it very frustrating to have internal storage space but can't use it to install applications.
Thats what the PIT will do. Increase the data partition to 4 GB..

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
Thats what the PIT will do. Increase the data partition to 4 GB..

Wow if this is true than it would be excellent. I have been asking for something like this for a long time, however the reply that I have received from the developers was that it was not possible.

Could you please link the threat? Is it compatible with all ROMs or just the stock?

Many thanks for that information.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Wow if this is true than it would be excellent. I have been asking for something like this for a long time, however the reply that I have received from the developers was that it was not possible.

Could you please link the threat? Is it compatible with all ROMs or just the stock?

Many thanks for that information.
Threat? What threat? :) Oh this threat

Reactions: Johev

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Obviously you haven't tried 4.4.2 on Note1. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

I tried almost all versions of them already sir, and I think the final verdict was to wait for at least a real stable build coz the nightlies still can't compare to stable JB built cusroms with exception of Themes and appearance of the KitKat of course.

Last edited:

uvuong

Jan 20, 2014
I no longer wait stock rom from SS. I love custom roms that is defference between Android and ios

Top Liked Posts