Tap to wake

Search This thread

nirurin

Nov 25, 2012
Bristol
I had a search through, and have found this feature being adding onto other phones (via root and kernal changes mostly it seemed), but ouldnt find anything for the compact or the Z1.

Anyone had any luck with this? Seems a handy feature.

I tried the taptapapp on the play store, but its a poor substiture (uses proxy sensor) and is a bit too unreliable.

Knockknock seems to be a versoin that got rooted onto htc and some other phones via kernal I think.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this on the xperias :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
I had a search through, and have found this feature being adding onto other phones (via root and kernal changes mostly it seemed), but ouldnt find anything for the compact or the Z1.

Anyone had any luck with this? Seems a handy feature.

I tried the taptapapp on the play store, but its a poor substiture (uses proxy sensor) and is a bit too unreliable.

Knockknock seems to be a versoin that got rooted onto htc and some other phones via kernal I think.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this on the xperias :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
For Xperia Z1 there are already custom kernels with this feature.But nothing yet four little z1 compact :( we'll have to wait until some dev will port this to our phone.

jbarba76

Dec 1, 2011
im waiting for this to be icluded in a custom rom or kernel for our little machine... its specially useful in running apps to wake the device without pushing poweron button.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
For Xperia Z1 there are already custom kernels with this feature.But nothing yet four little z1 compact :( we'll have to wait until some dev will port this to our phone.

can you provide me to these kernels' threads, cuz if they've shared their sources,
I might be able to find the code to enable tab2wake feature,
and once I find it, I can integrate it in Z1C kernel's sources and compile it for you;)

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
can you provide me to these kernels' threads, cuz if they've shared their sources,
and once I find it, I can integrate it in Z1C kernel's sources and compile it for you;)

I'm sorry I am on my phone right now...it'difficult for me to search using the phone.But if you look on the Xperia Z1 forum you will see it.One is made by Androguide.fr and the other one is made by DoomLord and faux if i remember well.If you will give a try to compile one kernel for our phone would be great.Have a good evening.

nirurin

Nov 25, 2012
Bristol
I'm sorry I am on my phone right now...it'difficult for me to search using the phone.But if you look on the Xperia Z1 forum you will see it.One is made by Androguide.fr and the other one is made by DoomLord and faux if i remember well.If you will give a try to compile one kernel for our phone would be great.Have a good evening.

I think doomlord already does a kernal for the Z1c.... but it doesnt include Tap2Wake, as far as i can tell. I wonder why not.

I couldnt find the doomlord one offhand... Im sure I've seen people mention it though. However there is this one by androguide.fr :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690071

It mentions something about touch events waking the GPU... noone mentions tap to wake specifically, but I assume its involved or something?

edit 2: Doomlords Z1c kernal
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2620794

They seem to say they'll only work on unlocked bootloaders, and androguides says it only works on CM based roms... though im not sure why. Ive noticed a couple people on RomAur are using doomlords (but the doomlord one doesnt mention tap2wake lol.)

Anyone gets this working stabley, maybe even on RomAur3.0, I would be very happy. If someone gets a stable kernal idea that should work on stock kitkat (not CM) then I may test it out myself. Hopefully we can get something working :)

Last edited:

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
faux123 said:
aresbv2000 said:
Hello mate...
I have one question. Please don`t get mad about this kind of questions! But I really love your kernels and when I bought my Xperia Z1 Compact and saw there is no support from you for this device I felt sorry for buing this device! So the question is ...will you support this model? I think that you already know that this device is exactly a smaller Xperia Z1. Thanks in advance dude. I really love your work. Have a nice day!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I took a break from Android. I don't plan to support this device unless I can get one really cheap or free. May be crowdfund if you want it bad enough.

This is my conversation with Faux.I think Faux makes the best kernels for android based devices.Maybe we can raise funds for buying a Xperia z1 compact to him.

nirurin

Nov 25, 2012
Bristol
This is my conversation with Faux.I think Faux makes the best kernels for android based devices.Maybe we can raise funds for buying a Xperia z1 compact to him.

This is all well and good, but I'm not sure theres enough interest to crowdfund a phone for him.

Does anyone know if the other two dev kernels are compatible? I'm gonna go ask about it on their threads anyway

chill8

Jun 11, 2011
How about tap to sleep? I remember seeing it in a thread but couldn't find it any more.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
This is all well and good, but I'm not sure theres enough interest to crowdfund a phone for him.

Does anyone know if the other two dev kernels are compatible? I'm gonna go ask about it on their threads anyway

As I said Faux makes one of the best kernels for android devices.A custom kernel for Xperia Z1 Compact made by Faux will have a lot of features like OC,UV,GPU OC,DT2W,Slide to wake,Color Calibration and a whole lot of features.So...a small donation like 5 € would be a small donation for such a kernel.

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
So I was trying all day to get T2W to work by implementing the right code in kernel sources then building it,
and after solving all compiling error, it got compiled eventually, and it booted fine, but still T2W isn't working!!:confused::confused:

I have included all T2W related commits from This kernel's sources (because it is the easiest among the others)
but whatever I try, I can't get it to work at all, so does anyone know a specific thing to do after flashing the kernel to enable T2W??
I have already tried Pimp my Z1 but it shows this:

mAaCXnH.png

So now I'm gonna be trying to implement T2W from the other two kernels, maybe I'll compile them with all their features if I can, well see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-04-20-14-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-20-14-00.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 242

gurex

Jun 27, 2013
It woulds be awesome if you would get it to work!

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Well now after some work on the kernel, I have good news and bad news:cowboy:
the good news is; I compiled DooMLoRD's kernel and now almost all its features are working on my Z1C

but the bad news is; even though T2W is enabled in the kernel and it now shows that your kernel supports T2W and I can enable it and disable it,
it makes no difference whether I enable it or not, T2W isn't working!!!!

Well see if I can do anything to make it work:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-05-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-05-29.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-05-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-05-43.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-06-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-06-40.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-07-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-23-07-10.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 225

nirurin

Nov 25, 2012
Bristol
the good news is; I compiled DooMLoRD's kernel and now almost all its features are working on my Z1C

but the bad news is; even though T2W is enabled in the kernel and it now shows that your kernel supports T2W and I can enable it and disable it,

This is good news, interesting to see if you manage it without any bugs etc.

I got a reply from doomlord (i sent him a PM a couple days ago) and he said he would not be supporting the Z1c as he does not own the phone

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@omarainea any news about the permission to share this kernel?

Yeah he gave it to me yesterday, and I was working all day to make everything work and especially T2W,
    but seems it is hard to enable it, anyway I'm almost done working on it, I'll upload it today:cowboy:
    sorry for the delay.
    No problem mate...take your time!It was just a question not a rush! Thanks for your hard work!!!

The kernel is posted in Xperia Z1 Compact Original Android Development Forum:

[KERNEL][Z1C] UNOFFICIAL DooMKernel [v16][Stock KK .757]

Enjoy.

So I was trying all day to get T2W to work by implementing the right code in kernel sources then building it,
    and after solving all compiling error, it got compiled eventually, and it booted fine, but still T2W isn't working!!:confused::confused:

I have included all T2W related commits from This kernel's sources (because it is the easiest among the others)
    but whatever I try, I can't get it to work at all, so does anyone know a specific thing to do after flashing the kernel to enable T2W??
    I have already tried Pimp my Z1 but it shows this:

mAaCXnH.png

So now I'm gonna be trying to implement T2W from the other two kernels, maybe I'll compile them with all their features if I can, well see.