[Q] Samsung GS3 I747 isn't recognized by PC via USB

Search This thread

mindflayyer

Apr 26, 2011
I'm on windows 7, 32bit, installed AT&T Samsung drivers.. Tried multiple USB cables that recognize my other devices.. But I can't for the life of me get this I747 to register as a portable device. Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: device is stock and unrooted..

Last edited:
Reactions: themadproducer

mindflayyer

Apr 26, 2011

liltitiz

Aug 15, 2012
Québec
Try the assistance chat on Samsung site since you are stock they can help you better with that. It is starting to look like a hardware issue.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
I'm on windows 7, 32bit, installed AT&T Samsung drivers.. Tried multiple USB cables that recognize my other devices.. But I can't for the life of me get this I747 to register as a portable device. Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try this. (use the usb cable that came with S3)
Worked for me on my Win7 32bit.
Had similar issues on XP. Different fix for XP.

meek420

Dec 2, 2007
NY
same issue, although my phone connects to 32-bit version of win 7 at work and not at home 64 bit win 7.... just charges the phone, prompt NEVER comes up

AndroidJiuJitsu

Oct 5, 2012
Brantford
I never get mine to show up on the first try. I usually have to plug it out and back in a few times for it to work. But when i got it working, it only works on the same usb port.

Another thing i did at first to get it to recognize the phone was to use the desk to app.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

ldmeads

Mar 23, 2011
I kept toying around with this problem. My laptop has winxp. It would beep when I put the cable in, but I was always disappointed by no connection. Then my phone would tell me to try and download Kies. Did not want to do that. But I did. Connection could still not be made.

I stumbled onto a fix. Dunno if it will work for anyone else. I was juggling about 2 dozen things at the time and might have missed a critical step.

I plugged in a USB OTG cable with an 8gb flash drive. The phone recognized it! Even displayed a cute little message in the status bar that USB was connected (instead of MTP). This all lasted a whole 2.7 seconds after hours of searching for solutions.

I tried connecting it to my computer for another try, and I am proud to report that is is working flawlessly for now!!

Maxmusic

Feb 24, 2011
Iowa City
I have had the same issue off and on. Found somewhere this past week a suggestion to pull the battery in order to cause a hard reboot. It worked. Plan on trying it whenever it happens again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.