Galaxy s2 or evo 3d

Search This thread

westicle

May 3, 2010
Fort Smith
Ad hominem, classy.

But HTC phones, for the most part, have larger dev communities thanks to HTC's open nature and above average build quality, but with the direction HTC seems to be taking that won't be for long.

That's probably the most true statement yet.

And yeah i keep it classy when an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about puts up an incorrectly worded and spelled troll post.

Btw, the evo was the best phone when it was released.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009
Damn Wes, are you as big of a prick in real life as you are on the internet? BTW, you're the only troll I've seen in this thread so far.

westicle

May 3, 2010
Fort Smith
Damn Wes, are you as big of a prick in real life as you are on the internet? BTW, you're the only troll I've seen in this thread so far.

So making true statements makes me a prick? I suggest you clean out your mangina before calling me a troll, i own both phones so I'm pretty sure that makes it ok for me to have an opinion about both of them. How about you stir fry? Do you own both, or did you just jump in here to be a baby because I made statements you don't agree with?

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
Evo 3D has a higher resolution.
960 x 540 vs 800 x 480.

Performance wise the Evo 3D pulls ahead in some tests while the Galaxy S pulls ahead in some, its mostly a toss up. The difference is nowhere near 1st gen snapdragon vs hummingbird.
wait, which tests are the Evo 3D ahead in?

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
So making true statements makes me a prick? I suggest you clean out your mangina before calling me a troll, i own both phones so I'm pretty sure that makes it ok for me to have an opinion about both of them. How about you stir fry? Do you own both, or did you just jump in here to be a baby because I made statements you don't agree with?

I have both. The only thing aout the evo I like over my epic is... well nothing. Yea they have more dev support but we have all the roms we need. Id rather have 2 or 3 awesome roms than a closetful of mediocre roms. In the end my epic is faster, has a MUCH better screen, and a keyboard. Its all about preference but as far as a general consensus of which device is better the epic wins hands down. If you can't see that then you must be in denial. Don't get me wrong its a great phone... but the epic is just plain better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

westicle

May 3, 2010
Fort Smith
I have both. The only thing aout the evo I like over my epic is... well nothing. Yea they have more dev support but we have all the roms we need. Id rather have 2 or 3 awesome roms than a closetful of mediocre roms. In the end my epic is faster, has a MUCH better screen, and a keyboard. Its all about preference but as far as a general consensus of which device is better the epic wins hands down. If you can't see that then you must be in denial. Don't get me wrong its a great phone... but the epic is just plain better.

Good rebuttal, no name calling, solid points.

I agree with you on all of your points, and it is a matter of preference, I just prefer my evo, although if i were a gamer or someone who watches movies, on my phone, i would choose the epic every time.

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009

196-didnt-read-lol.png

coke32

Jan 29, 2011
Other than getting to official froyo and official cm7 support....what is superior about the evo?

official cm7 support... you act like thats not a big deal... evo's dev community > ours. its almost not even on the same level... so its hard to even compare it to. They have the top roms going in the right direction.

cheema

Sep 20, 2009
Portland, OR
SGSII for me. It is really difficult to pass up on the Super AMOLED plus screen. In a Sprint store I put an Evo next to an Epic. Evo screen seemed washed out. Epic's screen was just beautiful. The pluses for the new Galaxy for me are:

1. Screen.
2. No locked boot loader.
3. Battery life.
4. Camera. The one on the Evo is garbage, even though it is supposed to be 8MP.

Blad3

Jan 4, 2008
the keyboard was the only selling point for me to get my epic. haven't had problems and can't live without mah KB.

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
On anothr note let's talk about things we hate about both handsets lol for one, I can't stand that the camera lenses protrude and both phones lie on them. I hate the stupid infinie sending issue. I hate how my evo has a giant shadowy blotch of lcds because the screen sucks. Anything else? Lol I figure the things we hate about the handset will bring us together in distaste :)

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
Also... one thing incredibly retarded about both phones... WHERE ARE THE KICKSTANDS!!!! 4.3 inches and no way for either phone to hold itself up. Its not a dealbreaker... but if the evo3d had it id give it more consideration. If the sgs2 had it, it'd be no contest.

coke32

Jan 29, 2011
I hate no cm7 (stable) or miui

Inb4doityourselfcuzimarandomwhotalksforthedevs

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Yes we all know the evo had a better development section. That's a given. But a lot of the roms look the same. You can only have so many roms before they mimmick each other. We have some awesome roms that all bring something different to the table. My wife had an evo I have an epic. I love my epic so much more. Its so much faster. I flash both phones a lot so I have tried many different things with each phone. We can debate this all day long but I know one thing for sure. More developers will start to come to Samsung when HTC locks down their phone so tight they can't get root. Ill be rocking my Samsung rooted with custom **** while the rest can have their 3d and be on stock.

Sent From My Evo Killer!

professoroak

Jan 19, 2011
SJ to Boston
Sadly, "It's the software, stupid!" Again, the ONLY things I'm jealous of from the Evo are official CM7 and MIUI support and normal AOSP roms. But the "regular" sense roms for the evo can't beat our few yet awesome TW roms.

Hopefully this time around the GSII can get a bit more support in those areas with its proclaimed openness and trump the HTC competitor in every way, not just hardware! :)

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
I'm hoping once the Nexus S 4G comes out on Sprint and hopefully able to pull out Vanilla Gingerbread out of it, we would have our choice of either Vanilla Gingerbread OR CM7 for the Epic. I think that alone would pull us ahead vs EVO. The Epic would get newer ROMS before the EVO (via the Nexus S 4G) as new versions of Android are released, far ahead of the EVO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @the Samsung part, I honestly can't really decide. The GSII is just nice, in my opinion, and I know about the update mayhem but the fact that we've gotten a leak for Gingerbread this quickly gives me a bit hope for the moment.

The Evo 3D is a great phone, and honestly the only reason I didn't choose it was because I like the new TW4.0. Specs wise, Evo 3D wins hands down. But just remember, it's all opinion.

@Osama, yeah, his supporters could be a problem, but without a leader still helps. I mean, after Hitler's suicide (even though it was around the same time as the war ended), his supporters seemed to fade. I don't know; we can only hope for the best and that the death was fortunate.

Spec wise the evo 3d wins hands down?? How??

Sent From My Evo Killer!
    Kyocera echo son.

you bring shame to your family