[ROM] [Miui] Gingerbread 2.4.6 (post 1)***ALPHA V4 MIUI 2.3.9 (post 2)

Search This thread

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
Well gang, here it is....Miui 2.4.6 for the Nook Color. First of all this update would not be possible without andmer's original port, and the help of Miui US (specifically lithium76 also known as 0xD34D, scott951, and gatormark08 also known as Mark Hoj). This update is based on the latest Cyanogen 2.3.7 Gingerbread base. Market has been fixed and will auto-update to version 3.4.4. Also included in this update is a modified launcher with customizable grid size (courtesy of lithium76. The modified launcher can be found as a standalone apk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1460776. Please be sure to hit lithium76's thanks button.

Current Bugs:
USB mounting appears to not be working in this weeks build.
You can mount usb storage from recovery still
1X2 & 4X2 digital clock widgets causing force close of modified launcher

Changelogs always available at www.miui.us

Download Here

20120128_202656.jpg
20120128_202707.jpg

Adjust Widget Alignment Here:
1. Go to settings>personal>launcher and set the row spacing to 5.
2. Download the local.prop.zip (attached below)
3. Extract the local.prop file from the zip, then using any file explorer with root access (Root Explorer, E-Strongs, etc.) copy and paste the local.prop file into /data.
4. Reboot
What this does: Changes the lcd density locally (on device only). It will not change the lcd density as read by the market. By default I have the density set to 200, because that's how I like it. You may change that number to whatever you like (default for Nook Color is 160, Miui rom defaults at 240) using the text editor feature in your root file explorer. A reboot will be required for any changes you make to that number to take effect.

ENJOY

Attachments

• local.prop.zip
    141 bytes · Views: 1,162
Last edited:

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
Miui 2.3.9 v4 Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha!!!!

Well, after 53 test builds and a whole lot of help from the community I am happy to offer up a V4 Miui build for alpha testing.

This would not be available now if not for the help of:

gatormark08 (MarkHoj)
scott951
lithium76 (|0xD34D|)
superkid
Samiam303
ajrty33
Everyone involved in the CM9 development
The entire Miui.us team

Thank you to all who've contributed, for many late nights in IRC chatrooms, reading dozens of logcats, pushing, pulling, and decompiling files and sharing your information with me.

This is a very usable ALPHA rom.

Known Issues:
USB mounting
Netflix
Contacts force close (Go Contacts from the market works)
Themes / Lockscreens are hit or miss

Current Download:

MD5:
852b4887c07c7c943d8faf46f7fe290e

Download: 2.2.24
MD5:
1b07b08a81067fe1543097294f0bdf25

Screenshots:
1.png

2.png

Last edited:

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
I use this rom for a week and my Bluetooth is working. I admit that connection is a bit bugy. Every time i have to unpaire the device before connect again after a while of bluetooth disuse. Is that what you ment? Or i am some kind god blessed?

The connection always has been and probably always will be buggy, because we don't have a proper bluetooth antenna. The device was never intended to be used as a tablet after all. I've actually not tested it myself. I was just relaying what has been reported to me (that it didn't work), and is entirely missing from the settings menu (which I did notice). Nice to hear that it actually does work pair & connect though. I will look into getting the bluetooth settings incorporated back into the settings menu.

Reactions: selection16

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
I would love to run this but apparently my nook color won't boot into anything later than the last miui update before this one. Cm9 no go. Nothing. Boo... oh well thanks for putting in work. I'll see if I can't get it to boot sometime.

»»DARKSIDE««

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
Glad to see this really great rom get its own thread instead of being hidden in the other thread. Any word on official miui.us hosting?

ruslanvetra

May 28, 2010
HockeyFamily737 - is there any possibility to make option to use status bar at the bottom?
I think there would be a wery big interest in this option for tablets such as Nook Color.
The only thing is killing me in MIUI is the virtual buttons of button savior i use.
If there would be an option to put status bar at the bottom the using of virtual buttons would be a lot better.
I think at lest it would be great!

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
HockeyFamily737 - is there any possibility to make option to use status bar at the bottom?
I think there would be a wery big interest in this option for tablets such as Nook Color.
The only thing is killing me in MIUI is the virtual buttons of button savior i use.
If there would be an option to put status bar at the bottom the using of virtual buttons would be a lot better.
I think at lest it would be great!

Believe me when I tell you. I would love to have the status bar at the bottom and built in virtual buttons. Is it possible....yes, anything is possible. Will the Gingerbread rom see it....probably not, but we are hoping to eventually be able to incorporate it into v4.

DennyNY

Apr 14, 2009
No Wifi connection :(

I can't use Wifi. :mad:
No connections at all.
I try use static IP. Get connected but no data transfer. :confused:

viskon

May 4, 2011
Did you try rebooting your router? Works for me sometimes.

Sent from my gTab using Tapatalk

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
I can't use Wifi. :mad:
No connections at all.
I try use static IP. Get connected but no data transfer. :confused:

Did you try rebooting your router? Works for me sometimes.

Sent from my gTab using Tapatalk

^This would be the first thing to try^ Also, did you restore any system apps / or system data after you flashed? Did you do a complete wipe before you flashed? /system, /data, /cache?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well gang, here it is....Miui 2.4.6 for the Nook Color. First of all this update would not be possible without andmer's original port, and the help of Miui US (specifically lithium76 also known as 0xD34D, scott951, and gatormark08 also known as Mark Hoj). This update is based on the latest Cyanogen 2.3.7 Gingerbread base. Market has been fixed and will auto-update to version 3.4.4. Also included in this update is a modified launcher with customizable grid size (courtesy of lithium76. The modified launcher can be found as a standalone apk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1460776. Please be sure to hit lithium76's thanks button.

Current Bugs:
    USB mounting appears to not be working in this weeks build.
    You can mount usb storage from recovery still
    1X2 & 4X2 digital clock widgets causing force close of modified launcher

Changelogs always available at www.miui.us

Download Here

20120128_202656.jpg
    20120128_202707.jpg

Adjust Widget Alignment Here:
    1. Go to settings>personal>launcher and set the row spacing to 5.
    2. Download the local.prop.zip (attached below)
    3. Extract the local.prop file from the zip, then using any file explorer with root access (Root Explorer, E-Strongs, etc.) copy and paste the local.prop file into /data.
    4. Reboot
    What this does: Changes the lcd density locally (on device only). It will not change the lcd density as read by the market. By default I have the density set to 200, because that's how I like it. You may change that number to whatever you like (default for Nook Color is 160, Miui rom defaults at 240) using the text editor feature in your root file explorer. A reboot will be required for any changes you make to that number to take effect.

ENJOY

Miui 2.3.9 v4 Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha!!!!

Well, after 53 test builds and a whole lot of help from the community I am happy to offer up a V4 Miui build for alpha testing.

This would not be available now if not for the help of:

gatormark08 (MarkHoj)
    scott951
    lithium76 (|0xD34D|)
    superkid
    Samiam303
    ajrty33
    Everyone involved in the CM9 development
    The entire Miui.us team

Thank you to all who've contributed, for many late nights in IRC chatrooms, reading dozens of logcats, pushing, pulling, and decompiling files and sharing your information with me.

This is a very usable ALPHA rom.

Known Issues:
    USB mounting
    Netflix
    Contacts force close (Go Contacts from the market works)
    Themes / Lockscreens are hit or miss

Current Download:

MD5:
    852b4887c07c7c943d8faf46f7fe290e

Download: 2.2.24
    MD5:
    1b07b08a81067fe1543097294f0bdf25

Screenshots:
    1.png

2.png
    Hey guys, I'm working on updates this weekend for both GB and ICS versions. Thought I'd have the GB version up last night, but I'm stuck in smali editing hell, trying to fix the usb mounting issues, but I'll get something posted soon.
    Alright, I got frustrated with v4, so I'm throwing together a Gingerbread update. Providing there's no major setbacks I should have it uploaded tonight. Device specific changes include: Chinese calendar symbols will be fixed, as will bluetooth not showing up in the settings menu, and I'll add back in adobe flashplayer for those who want it. Full changelog can be found at miui.us

On a side note: How does this thread have only a 3 star rating? :confused: If you don't like it, don't use it, but seriously I've put hundreds of hours into this and haven't asked for a penny from the community.
    I have not been able to get any update to boot since the change to android version 4.0.4..... So just as soon as I have something to update to, I will.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk