(Warning)Virus on Go Market place!

Search This thread

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
I have it too I was gonna post it im trying to figure out whats causing it just about all the apps I have I've always had.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Flag it in the market guys so we can get this addressed quickly.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

rommy0515

Apr 13, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Is this some kind of Russian Malware?

Really strange things going on with the Android Market (whoops, I mean Google Play Store) today... The screenshots I've attached show an app that appears to be some kind of Russian malware. The market is telling me that I need to install it as an 'update.' (To what, I have no idea) I've tried clearing the market data, that didn't help.

I'm a little leery of trying to do a master reset or flash another ROM because the market starts auto-downloading all my apps whenever I get through the initial setup and sometimes it can take a minute or so before I can successfully get the market to load up to the point where I can cancel all the downloads. (And of course in that time a few apps will download and it would be just my luck if this was one of them.)

Even more bizarre... I left a 1 star review trying to warn others not to download and the review was changed to a 5 star review and now I can't edit it. (And I was very careful when I was leaving it, that isn't the result of fat fingers.) Also, I ran a full scan using Lookout and it reports no problems.

Have you guys ever seen anything like this? Any ideas?

I've got a Galaxy S2 (Hercules) running Revenge of Macnut R1.

Edit: Issue with market review appears to be fixed. Weird stuff!

Last edited:

soltheman

Dec 3, 2010
Minneapolis
Why yes, yes it is.

Here's what you should do:
1. Flag it in the market.
2. Install Titanium Backup
3. Find "Play Store"
4. Wipe data
5. Reboot

That should fix the issue.

Reactions: rommy0515

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
Well I just installed the ics leak and found that russian malware in updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

saltmine

Oct 17, 2011
Why yes, yes it is.

3. Find "Play Store"
4. Wipe data
5. Reboot

I think before everyone removes it, someone should try to look through the reviews and find out what app is putting people at risk for this.

Reactions: rommy0515

rommy0515

Apr 13, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Screenshot of reviews

Here is a screen shot of the reviews. Only two are recent.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll mess around with things after I do the dishes and see what I can figure out :)

bchon

Feb 23, 2012
Northwest/burbs, IL
Already a thread for it in the Q&A section. I got it as well.. I think it's a bug with the play store.. Cause when I login to my Google dashboard and go to my download history, it's not there. But when I go to my history through the store, it's there. Already tried using TB to look for it... nada... even tried looking through /system/apps but no luck.

I even did a cache/dalvik clean.. wiped play store data but it's still there. I've just learned to live with it for now..

Sent from my SGSII T989 | Juggernaut5/Darkside X v1

ghostkid2010

Apr 28, 2010
quick question

1. what rom are you using?

the reason why i asked is because (not trying to bash any dev), this one particular rom that i used to be on, give me nothing but spam call and text. it stop after switching rom.

rommy0515

Apr 13, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Still no luck. So far I've done the following:

1) Uninstalled AP app: (Associated Press, it's a system app, did this per suggestion in another thread. No use for it anyway, I've got much better apps that I use to keep up with the news.)

2) Uninstalled two system email apps: (Reviews suggested this may be the cause)

3) Wiped data from Google Play store, also uninstalled and reinstalled Play Store app.

4) Ran Market Fixer

5) Wiped cache and dalvik.

Calling T-Mobile about this will be completely useless. (I worked there in a tech support capacity for a number of years so I can already tell you that's a lost cause, there's nothing they can do for me except waste my time)

I'm going to superwipe next and install a different ROM, I'm ready for something new anyway. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if that fixes the problem.

JaZart

Jan 8, 2012
Columbus
quick question

1. what rom are you using?

the reason why i asked is because (not trying to bash any dev), this one particular rom that i used to be on, give me nothing but spam call and text. it stop after switching rom.

I know which one you're talking about.

ANYHOW I'm not seeing any thing under my apps besides the norm.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    < insert evil comments here :D >

now, back to the serious stuff.

Remove the battery

Just boot into CWR and Wipe data / Wipe Cache / Wipe Dalvik

fixed
    For sure fix if this pops up for you in the market. If you're rooted and have TiBackup, search for play store, and wipe its data. Done and done.
    Just a heads up there is a update in the market place acting like a app update! DO NOT UPDATE THIS! Will SCREW YOUR DEVICE UP! I reported it but its still showing up! Watch out mates!

20120325192953.png

Killing Zombies With My Galaxy S II
    There was another thread about this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1564954

I'm trying to figure out this issue as well, even though I do not have the update appearing on my phone.

Can you try scrolling down through the reviews, to see what the original app was?
    Why yes, yes it is.

3. Find "Play Store"
    4. Wipe data
    5. Reboot