Zopo ZP980+ (2GB/32GB)

Search This thread

j3sus18

Jan 12, 2011
budapest
ROMs

Hi All.

My phone just arrived today. I have managed to root it, but i would like to install an other rom than the stock. Could somebody suggest a 4.2.2 ROM, which is working properly, and is ok for daly use? 4.2.1 is OK also ;)
Is the Upgraded ZP980 able to run with the roms from C2 and the original ZP980 ROMs (if Yes, which one? A or B?)

Thanks in Advance

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
Hi All.

My phone just arrived today. I have managed to root it, but i would like to install an other rom than the stock. Could somebody suggest a 4.2.2 ROM, which is working properly, and is ok for daly use? 4.2.1 is OK also ;)
Is the Upgraded ZP980 able to run with the roms from C2 and the original ZP980 ROMs (if Yes, which one? A or B?)

Thanks in Advance
Welcome!

According to what people say in the ZP980 thread, all ROMs or most ROMs for the 1/16 GB ZP980 will work for our phone.
Please let us know how it went if you try any ROM. :)

Which method did you use to root?

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
going to follow this, ordered mine 21/08 on mixeshop for shipment to belgium.
Hope it's on his way because they say 5 to 7 days and the 5 day is today and status is still processing but i read that chinese shops don't put a lot of effort on status changes, maybe anyone experience with this shop?

Arrived from this morning and loving it . smooth stable no ghost touches and very good wifi and gps. In the updater it says that 18/08 is avalaible but im good now so i don't update. Only thing i have, sometimes he says gapps fc but if i put a cwm on it i can flash gapps

Sent from my ZP980 using xda app-developers app

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
i have one 980+ 2gb 32gb and cant get 3G signal... tryed to disable unused bands but still no signal reception... we have 2100 wcdma here.. anyone experienced this problem before?

nope, filled in the apn settings from the provider(belgium) and after 1 whole day i had 2 minutes of edge and the remaining day i had h+

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
Hello Topicmates,

could you please provide me a step-by-step guide how to come back to factory state of the phone. I have a ZP980 2GB/32GB version.

I have rooted with framaroot, everything was ok. After that I have OTA updated with the latest update and now all the google apps are force closing. Therefore I want to revert back to Stock ROM and after it OTA update (an thereafter root again).

What do I need for that? Should I try at first simple factory reset?

Hello.

Since nobody replied, I will suggest to do a factory reset and see what happens next. In any case you have lost your root, so there's nothing worse that can happen (I guess, but I am not responsible for anything going wrong :fingers-crossed: ).
Once you have done the factory reset, please let us know if you are still facing this force closing.

I hope you had kept backups of the apps that you want to backup before the update, e.g. with Titanium. ;)

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
Hello.

Since nobody replied, I will suggest to do a factory reset and see what happens next. In any case you have lost your root, so there's nothing worse that can happen (I guess, but I am not responsible for anything going wrong :fingers-crossed: ).
Once you have done the factory reset, please let us know if you are still facing this force closing.

I hope you had kept backups of the apps that you want to backup before the update, e.g. with Titanium. ;)

Thx, in a meantime I deleted all the force closing Google apps with titanium and re-installed them from the playstore. Now everything is working just without any problems. No need to install new Rom.

tapatalked from a ZOPO ZP980+

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
Good to know. :)
Did you manage to keep root after the update?

For the first time I rooted with framaroot. After it I bought the pro key to the super SU app (as it was adviced in the framaroot topic) and in it I ticked the survival mode. After applying official update the phone remained rooted this way.

tapatalked from a ZOPO ZP980+

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
I heard some people say about the new update 18/08 that the battery is draining fast and with me it's also,
so i went on investigation and first i thougt it was the 3g because i always have h+ but if i look further i found out if you look at the cpu frequency's that the phone when the screen is on always 1200mhz consumed, even for opening an email.
Maybe has someone a workaround for this or has connection in zopo that they can brief it.
if you have root you can use no frills cpu for using another gouvernor but what for the people who don't want root?

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
I heard some people say about the new update 18/08 that the battery is draining fast and with me it's also,
so i went on investigation and first i thougt it was the 3g because i always have h+ but if i look further i found out if you look at the cpu frequency's that the phone when the screen is on always 1200mhz consumed, even for opening an email.
Maybe has someone a workaround for this or has connection in zopo that they can brief it.
if you have root you can use no frills cpu for using another gouvernor but what for the people who don't want root?

There are only 5 governors in stock kernel:
ondemand
userspace
powersave
hotplug
performance

Stock is hotplug

And 3 I/O scedulers:
cfq
noop
deadline

Stock is cfq

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
There are only 5 governors in stock kernel:
ondemand
userspace
powersave
hotplug
performance

Stock is hotplug

And 3 I/O scedulers:
cfq
noop
deadline

Stock is cfq

I know but if you don't root you can't change gouvernor or somebody knows a app for non root devices

Sent from my ZP980 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I welcome everybody to the thread about the upgraded ZP980.

ZP980 vs ZP980+

The + version is supposed to be the exact same hardware as the ZP980, only with double the internal memory and RAM.

Why a separate thread for this variation?

Many people have pointed out that this model is basically the same as the ZP980 except for the size of the RAM and the internal storage (2GB vs 1GB and 32GB vs 16GB respectively).
    The discussion is still going on in the ZP980 thread. Until it is 100% confirmed that everything works exactly the same for both phones, I am planning to keep this thread. Except if XDA decides differently of course. :)

In any event, this thread was not created to compete with the ZP980 thread. Personally I follow that one too and participate in the discussion. This thread here only exists as a point of reference for confirmed methods, tricks, ROMs and recoveries for the ZP980+.

Can I try ROMs and other stuff I find in the thread for the standard ZP980?

I would say yes, with some caution.
    In case you try something that works or -even more important- something that does not work, please be kind and share with us in this thread. This way you are helping the community take the most out this excellent piece of hardware and avoid mistakes.

Phone specs:
    5" screen
    FHD Super Retina Display 1920*1080 pixels, 441PPI, OGS
    CPU MTK6589T - 1.5Ghz
    2GB RAM
    32GB internal storage
    13-megapixel rear camera
    Android 4.2 out of the box
    2G: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: HSPA 850/2100 MHz
    Battery:Li-Polymer, 2000mAh
    Dimensions: 143.3 x 70 x 8.5mm
    Weight: 150g

IF YOUR PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THESE EXACT SPECS, PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THIS THREAD.
    I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.

The answer is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    well im not pleased with my issue, phone is bricked with corrupt nand and i cant see to find any info on how to fix it..
    so if anyone can point me in any direction that would be great..

I'm keeping this in bookmark if something go wrong...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437902

Poslano sa mog ZP980 koristeći Tapatalk 4
    I managed rooting it via ERoot. I learnt that this is the only possibility to get rooted new zopo generation. Would be glad if there were another also working with linux. But as far as I know, there has not been any yet.

Dimitris, will you keep 1st post of this thread actual? It would be useful, if any custom ROM fully compatible with this model were linked in this opening thread as well as root tools and other useful tooling.
    Can i root the Zopo ZP980+ advertised with MTK6592, Cortex A7 Octa core, 1.7GHz. Please help. I'm trying three days.

Root is possible.
    I'll write up a full guide tomorrow and post the files needed.
    You need to modify default.prop in boot.img and make cwm recovery.img.
    Then flash only those parts using downloaded stock firmware.
    From there you can adb to reboot into recovery since the normal power + vol+ don't work.(power + vol- is test mode...bottom item is reboot)
    Then flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and reboot.

You may run into a read-only filesystem problem if you tried a bunch of root tools.(This drove me crazy!)
    Simply reboot into CWM recovery, make a full backup, then format "system", then advance restore "system".

Edit: I made a fully rooted near stock firmware for the Zp980+ w/MTK6592 8-core.
    Flashable with SP Flash Tool.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73930
    Still working on root guide and flashing guide.

Edit2:
    Ported rom from H9008 to ZP980+ with MTK6592. Not nearly as modified as ZP980+ stock rom. Faster boot times.
    http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=553&t=73933