Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Last edited:

deejayspinz

Dec 16, 2011
Moto G 2015
Can someone help a noob with this? Just want to make sure I get this right and don't pooch something:

I have GB, rooted, Revolutionary s-off.

- Download the file to /mnt/sdcard/
- Boot into Recovery, and choose "install zip from sdcard"
- select the zip and done?

Is that all?

Edit: Just took the plunge and did this. Thx OP

Last edited:

sanvara

Jul 24, 2008
Thanks, will try this tonight. I was so hoping to get rid of that activation nag.

natefuhr

Mar 10, 2008
Southern California
I accidentally found another way around this... Over the last weekend I somehow enabled my 4G radio. When I opened my browser I was redirected to https://deviceselfservice.sprint.com/dsa/4gportal/welcome.actiob.c... (URL shortened) So I did a little googling and found that you can get one day of free service on 3G/4G by using the promo code Free Day (it is case sensitive)... After a reboot, my tablet was able to activate with no issues and since the trial expiration, I haven't been bugged about it since.

So... If you aren't rooted and don't feel like taking the plunge, you can get rid of the nag screen this way.

jacobbones

May 12, 2011
been trying that free day code, not working for me.

Googled it as well and it is the right code, but cannot get it to work.

Did you type it all as one word? Capital F and D?

natefuhr

Mar 10, 2008
Southern California
Two words... capital F and D

Maybe it doesn't work for rooted?

A stated, I found this purely by chance... and I am still bone stock honeycomb....

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Two words... capital F and D

Maybe it doesn't work for rooted?

A stated, I found this purely by chance... and I am still bone stock honeycomb....

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

umm no one else has any problems. You need to be rooted for it to work since it removes a system file. If something is screwed up you did something wrong. There have been hundreds of downloads of this zip and you're the first that's claiming it's not working.

jacobbones

May 12, 2011
umm no one else has any problems. You need to be rooted for it to work since it removes a system file. If something is screwed up you did something wrong. There have been hundreds of downloads of this zip and you're the first that's claiming it's not working.

Hes talking about the FreeDay promo code that isn't working, not the patch

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
What does this script remove? If rooted, can this be done manually without running the script.

This is a little flashable zip I threw together so people could disable the Hands Free Activation nag at boot

im going to go on a hunch and say whats in red :)

its only for people who dont plan on activating their view and only want to use wifi. with out it the tablet will bug you to activate at every boot, if you have activated it on sprint then its not needed

henningspruth

Apr 28, 2011
im going to go on a hunch and say whats in red :)

its only for people who dont plan on activating their view and only want to use wifi. with out it the tablet will bug you to activate at every boot, if you have activated it on sprint then its not needed

pbanj, I'm pretty sure jwzg was aware of what the ZIP does, but that he (just like me) is curious to learn what the actual internal changes to the system partition are, and if the same effect can be achieved manually e.g. via "adb shell".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a little flashable zip I threw together so people could disable the Hands Free Activation nag at boot(not needed if you are running my DeSensed-View wifi rom). This will work on both GB and HC on any rom

http://dev-host.org/mguq03rnthur/Removehandsfree.zip
    Mirror: http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/Removehandsfree.zip
    Instructions:
    Boot into Recovery
    Flash zip
    Reboot

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FLASH THIS AND BRICK YOUR VIEW
    Thanks for the share, edited do to language.. remember all age site.

godZson
    XDA-MOD
    If I had a thanks button on the XDA app, I'd have used it there henningspruth.

Sent from my T8788 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    pbanj, I'm pretty sure jwzg was aware of what the ZIP does, but that he (just like me) is curious to learn what the actual internal changes to the system partition are, and if the same effect can be achieved manually e.g. via "adb shell".

pulled from the file
    ui_print("***************************************************");
    ui_print("Remove Handsfree Activation");
    ui_print(" ________ ___ _____________ ___ ____ _______");
    ui_print(" / ___/ _ \/ _ | / __/ __/ _/ |/_/ |/ /\ \/ / ___/");
    ui_print("/ (_ / , _/ __ |/ _// _/_/ /_> </ / \ / /__ ");
    ui_print("\___/_/|_/_/ |_/_/ /_/ /___/_/|_/_/|_/ /_/\___/ ");

show_progress(1.000000, 0);

ui_print(" Mounting SYSTEM...");
    run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

set_progress(0.250000);

ui_print(" Deleting SYSTEM/app/vdmc.apk...");
    delete("/system/app/vdmc.apk");
    set_progress(0.500000);

ui_print("Update complete. Enjoy!");
    set_progress(1.000000);
    Does this mean I could use TiBackup to freeze vdmc and I'd get the same result and have the ability to later add Sprint service?

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

ya thats what i did on gb before this came out, although i may have just made a back up and then had rom toolbox get rid of the install(it was a while ago)