ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
I think he means real official tablet from a worldwide known company, not some rip off like coby or such.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Is anybody going to stay with the leak? Or is everyone going to try to get the OTA on the 27th, somehow?

Honestly, I would like to get the OTA, but the leak is just fine (for me).

dansul

Apr 18, 2012
Europe
Is anybody going to stay with the leak? Or is everyone going to try to get the OTA on the 27th, somehow?

ZeroNull posted a stock rom of ICS which from what others are saying, seems to fix a couple of bugs in the leak (which you may or may not encounter eventually).

Last edited:
Reactions: yanksrock1000

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
Can anyone possibly confirm this for me, since I got Ics, where's my water crashes with no internet connection, yet works just fine with one.

ferensica

Mar 3, 2012

yes I agree, have downloaded the 403.1014 update today and it seems to work fine although still a few crackles in the sound when logging into the first encryption screen.

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
Just contacted Acer again about the Acer ring thing.....aaaannnnndddd
ae71a182-aeaf-5089.jpg

Sorry I failed you France, but good news is that we know Canada and USA are getting it :)

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
i got my ota today

I don't know weather it would be determined as a bug or not but Honey Bar is broke and it seams like it will remain that way:( other than that i like it it seams much faster and cleaner.

Reactions: sham63

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Is that "Stock ICS" the same as the OTA? Anyone get it who had the Leak?

Either way, I think I will see what my options are after the 27th (USA ota date), because I'm sure there will be a bunch more options for us users of the Leak.

I would love to get the Ota, but I dont wanna do something stupid and ruin the tablet just to try to get something I basically already have. Better have ICS with a few bugs than have a broken/unusable tablet, like some others on this forum. ;)

jaehead

Mar 20, 2012
face unlock

So I flashed the stock ics rom today and the facial unlock feature seems to be missing. Anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal but I've always wanted to try it. Any help would be appreciated.

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
So I flashed the stock ics rom today and the facial unlock feature seems to be missing. Anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal but I've always wanted to try it. Any help would be appreciated.

I think its just for the galaxy nexus, sadly, because my friend has the galaxy nexus S and he recently updated to ICS but no luck.

marcusjbid

Apr 13, 2012
Can anyone tell me if after the upgrade to the ICS, the connection "ad hoc" working well with your smartphone?

If you upgrade to ICS you will have to root your device and replace your wpa_supplicant file with an alternate to use ad hoc connections.

After you've rooted use this guide:

batista70phone.com/2011/05/supporto-per-reti-ad-hoc-su-acer-iconia-a500/

and this file:

Attachments

• wpa_supplicant.zip
    267.3 KB · Views: 496

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
Maybe a dummy question, but I thought ICS would allow us to delete bloatware? I am not seeing that at all.

marcusjbid

Apr 13, 2012
On another subject, my tablet takes a minute 20 seconds to boot up with the latest ICS. Is this normal?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

mitko29

Jan 15, 2012
Ok guys today I updated my Acer Iconia A100 to ICS , but is a little bit dizzy and slow,and sometimes when I lock it and try to unclock it with the power button I see a black screen and the tablet turn off.
Any idea what can be wrong ?
I only installed a root access and some games , when I go in setting menu and see RAM I am seeing 254mb using.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk