[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello all

I'm ashamed to say this but ... i've got an HTC Touch Pro Bricked (i guess) since it can no longer turn on, no vibratin', no light even when plugged to the usb or the charger.. no life sign at all..

i've tried all the reset options, the battery pull out in, other batteries, looked all over the web & found only some scary stuff about oppenin' up it's guts & wirin' the motherboard with deadly pins to blow life into it.. from the inside :(

The original owner gave it to me so i can look up a solution on the web (doesn't speak english), he told me that it was becuz of a flash fail (goin' to a 6.5 rom)

would be very grateful if somebody can help :D

have you tried to do a bootloader reset? it takes your phone straight to the bootloader menu rather than trying to start up the OS
plug your phone in somewhere, then hold the volume down button on the side of your phone while using something small to poke the reset button.
hold on to the volume down for abit and see if it will react.

if it does, then find a stock rom that for the phone (wm 6.1) and flash it via your computer. it should work from there.
I hope that helps.

EDIT: @mskip - the word is Newb not noob for your thread title. sorry to nitpick but the term noob is used for idiots who have experience in a certain subject and still has no idea what they're talking about and get agressive if you try to help. Newb is short for newbie and simply means someone who just started on a subject with no knowledge beforehand.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
Athens
Hi, I got an unusual problem and I cannot flash via micro sd anymore. My Touch pro is flashed hard spl with olinex's hard spl package. Up to now I was able to flash any ROM using a FAT32 formated micro sd which contained the rom as RAPHIMG.nbh image file.

Today I tried to flash another ROM and as I press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus and finally I release the volume down button, when bootloader tricolour screen appears it says the no image file was found.

Since the hard spl is a one time procedure what else may be wrong?

Well I got it to work after a while, seems I have forgotten the correct timing to release the buttons ... Am I am becoming a noob???

Last edited:

nachy

Dec 31, 2010
I also have a problem.
The forum didn't let me search for it here (10min flood block though it was my first search) so I'm not sure if someone had it before but on the first 12 pages and last two I didn't find anything.

As for my problem:
Flashing the HardSPL works (bootloader info will follow) but when I try to flash a ROM it stops at 51% and the RUU gives me the 284 Error "UPDATE ERROR". When I do the recovery procedure it gets me to the bootloader that tells me "upgrade rom code error" and the RUU wants to flash again. I let it flash again but it still failed so I re-flashed the previous ROM I used (a stock version if that's the correct term) and everything works.

Now what the bootloader says (with the working ROM):
Code:
RAPH300
SPL-1.90.OliNex
MicroP-Herm (LED) v13
MicroP-Herm (KEY) v5
PSOC-Herm STAGE_CVT v0x35
Since I've read it on the 2nd or 3rd page, though it's RAPH300 it's a GSM Phone (T-Mobile brand)... so flashing that HSPL and ROM should work?
The ROM I want to flash is this:
V14 Final RC WM 6.5 21884 Sense 2.5
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=529794
edit: tried to flash the EnergyROM with same result except it always stops at 3%.
edit3: Flashing an official HTC ROM also works... just no custom ones it seems?

What am I doing wrong or is there something else going wrong?
I just got this phone 2 days ago (gift) and it's my first with touchscreen and all so I'm new to everything...
I'm not even sure if I'm in the right section with my phone since there are like 5 different names for one device but it has a QWERTY keyboard and about the RAM amout listed on the HTC page for it ..and of course the design except there is T-Mobile instead of HTC and the home and <- arrow buttons are on the bottom not top like on the picture on the htc page.
It's a MDA Vario IV more officially but I think that's HTC Touch Pro from what I know by research.

edit: I just noticed I probably replied to some other unrelated posts or for whatever weird reason it doesn't show me my post on the normal thread view. I hope people can help anyway

Last edited:

Eid

Jan 28, 2010
Hi guys, I'm using the 'SPL-1.90.01 iNex - HardSPL' and I'm trying to flash through my card. The problem is that I dragged RAPHIMG.NBH file onto the root of my sd card, and when I try flashing through hard spl (holding the volume down button) it says no image file shortly and that's it... It's in the root, and it's called RAPHIMG.NBH.. what could be the problem?

shysoul64

Jan 18, 2011
Sin City
I have HTC Touch pro T7272 with norwegian language, Now I want to change language from norwegian to english.
Can you help me for this problem?

atreyyu

Sep 15, 2009
[FONT=&quot]Flashing via MicroSD Card[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. Press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus. Release the volume down button when bootloader tricolour screen appears[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Follow the onscreen instructions to start flashing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. After the flash finishes press the reset button with the stylus to reset the device[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. JOB DONE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Well Done YOU DID IT!![/FONT]

Actually it's not very explicit at step 7. I receive a message asking me to choose if I want to revert to manufacturer default settings or not (manufacturer default are really manufacturer or the newer rom settings ?). What should I do ?

R^7Z

Odd, works for me! Where's the hang-up? I followed that tut to the "T" and it works flawlessly! :)
Additionally, it seems like you are attempting to hard reset before you flash. Any particular reason why you are doing this?
7. Press and hold the volume down button, then press the reset button with the stylus. Release the volume down button when bootloader tricolour screen appears
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to start flashing
9. Once phone finishes flashing and says Update Complete, reset with the stylus
10. When it gets to the screen where it configures the stylus, HARD RESET
(hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER (center) Buttons, press the RESET button with the stylus tip, then release the RESET button but continue to hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until the reset screen appears)
Difference between step 7 and step 10 is one, you have flashed the ROM by step 10 and two, you should only be holding down one key instead of two. So I ask again, where is the hang-up? :)

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Odd, works for me! Where's the hang-up? I followed that tut to the "T" and it works flawlessly! :)
Additionally, it seems like you are attempting to hard reset before you flash. Any particular reason why you are doing this?

Difference between step 7 and step 10 is one, you have flashed the ROM by step 10 and two, you should only be holding down one key instead of two. So I ask again, where is the hang-up? :)
Agreed :)

Mark.

atreyyu

Sep 15, 2009

No, I don't hard reset before flashing, I follow exactly the tutorial steps which tells at point 10 to hard reset (don't ask me why). What follows next is the thing I've told and not covered in tutorial.

R^7Z

Then apparently your understanding of the process is what the problem is :p I'm not trying to start a fight but I would encourage you to re-read the steps. To me, it is saying to flash first then hard reset. Maybe I'm wrong but if you hard reset before you flash, the only thing you are doing is clearing your current settings, amongst other things. Which makes no sense if you want to flash. Kind of like when I was flashing Task29, stock then Task29 and finally the custom ROM. It would make more sense to have skipped the second round of Task29 and even stock. Basically, to only use Task29 as needed as a troubleshooting step after flashing the "new" custom ROM. But do as you wish my friend :) I will not hinder your decision making any longer :D

atreyyu

Sep 15, 2009
I don't understand why you are saying that I do the hard reset before the rom flashing cause I've never did it. I did exactly what tutorial says, meaning I first flash the rom and than I do the hard reset (at the point number 10 to be more precise at which moment I make the hard reset). Also I've never said that the new rom doesn't work for me. What I don't understand is the meniu you get when you do the hard reset AFTER FLASHING the new rom, so I randomly pick one of the 2 options in that meniu, it works for both, however I don't know which one I was suppose to pick. I also don't understand what's the purpose of hard reseting every time after you have installed a new rom.

So my humble questions are:

1. is step 10 mandatory (the hard reset after flashing ) or should I ignore it and proceed to the stylus config ?
2. if step 10 is mandatory, while hard resetting, which option should be picked up ? (restore to factory or not)

R^7Z

It should be quite simple my friend. :) The answer is simply "no", it is not required but if you do want to skip the calibration screen, it is required.
Additionally, it's a preference situation. If you want to continue on without a hardreset, do so by calibrating the screen. Secondly, I would say it wouldn't matter whether you restored to factory or not since you have made no changes before the hardreset. Unless you just like waiting for the action to complete, then in that case, I would say go for it! :p ;)

atreyyu

Sep 15, 2009
Hey, thanks a lot for clarifying :) I won't do the hard reset in the future again, I've done it till now only because tutorial said to do it, but it's clear now that actually is not needed.

sendogg1983

Oct 31, 2006
leeds
i maybe a tad of a noob, or even just inpatient but, i have read thru your guide 100 times just so i dont mess up, and im tryin to do the hard spl update.... now im getting error 202 sayin the phone is not connected to the computer.... i have spent a while goin thu the replys and have not found anything yet so i am askin for help.... i have extracted the file onto the c:/ local drive in its own folder and ran as it said ..... what can i do? im running windows 7 btw so i dont have outlook express or active sync i have windows mobile device.

also the phone is a MDV COMAPCT IV

R^7Z

Got your PM stating you got it to work. Anything you'd like to share as to what you've found to help? You never know it might help someone else along the way. Though I don't recall anyone experiencing similar issues, granted it might be something you were or weren't doing. Either case, if you'd care to share good and if not, no big deal... ;)

sendogg1983

Oct 31, 2006
leeds
Got your PM stating you got it to work. Anything you'd like to share as to what you've found to help? You never know it might help someone else along the way. Though I don't recall anyone experiencing similar issues, granted it might be something you were or weren't doing. Either case, if you'd care to share good and if not, no big deal... ;)

yeh... im thick and all i had to do was look on my fone where there wasa little notification askin to allow... i clicked yes and as if like magik.... it took the hard spl..... the i ran the rom i used the neon rom, it taken the rom like a duck to water, the step by step guide is so easy and its flawless....

the rom looks real nice and has made my day so far, tweeks are good even ssets up your simcard network.... i bow to whoever made this rom its beautiful !!!

also take my hat off to xda-devolopers and the people on it for keeping everything updated and designing new roms so noobs like me can havea attractive fone ...... thanks guys much love !

sendogg1983

Oct 31, 2006
leeds
there is one little thing i found atm, in messages, it doesnt have a back button but u can use the one supplyd on the fone...... does anypone know where i can get the settings so i can send and recive pic messages ??

sendogg1983

Oct 31, 2006
leeds
yeh... im thick and all i had to do was look on my fone where there wasa little notification askin to allow... i clicked yes and as if like magik.... it took the hard spl..... the i ran the rom i used the neon rom, it taken the rom like a duck to water, the step by step guide is so easy and its flawless....

the rom looks real nice and has made my day so far, tweeks are good even ssets up your simcard network.... i bow to whoever made this rom its beautiful !!!

also take my hat off to xda-devolopers and the people on it for keeping everything updated and designing new roms so noobs like me can havea attractive fone ...... thanks guys much love !

well... i have used the new rom for a few days now, so thought i would give a little more fedback on it....

not as good as i origonally thought, messages take a while to load up and as i said befor has no back button..... i cant seem to find msn messenger ( i had to go into the windows dir for it )

it has compleatly crashed once, and on a good few occations it says loading htc touch sence and stops me from anything i am doin at the time ...... i would say this rom isnt for noobs, im okay with tech and stuff like this so not too bad i find way around things but for a noob too mny thinks id say u dont wanna mess with.

dya

Sep 29, 2008
Hi, I have an HTC Touch Pro and I want to do an upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5.
I have found a stock shipping ROM: RUU_Raphael_HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1_R2_Radio_Signed_Raphael_52.58.25.30_1.11.25.01_Ship.exe.
My phone is currently having the original WM6.1 stock ROM and was never played with.
My question is: do I need to install HardSPL to flash the shipped ROM (RUU_Raphael_HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1_R2_Radio_Signed_Raphael_52.58.25.30_1.11.25.01_Ship.exe) or can I do it without the HardSPL?
I will probably not flash any custom ROMs too soon.
Thanks for your reply in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...