HTC MAGIC original ROM running on TIM, unbranded A6161, Rogers, ... by daldroid

Search This thread

nabilou

Dec 26, 2008
hey there any hero rom for my rooted tim ?

hey people, best regards for daldroid the conqueror ! , thanks again one more time to the efforts u made to make our phones more handy and powerful !, is there a hero rom we can apply on our tim rooted phones.... ??? i see a thread for thread that says i can put any of their roms on a 32a device or whatever, should i pick any of it....any stable hero rom u'd suggest, ... ?
thanks in advance pal !

aurion28

Jul 15, 2009
hello people

hello
my name is george i am from greece and i need ur help coz i am a new user of htc magic.
i have 2 different problems for 2 different htc magic.

first problem is that i am having an htc magic from TIM italy with tim logo on it.i want to root it and change the rom with a moded one but unfortunatly i follow all the instruction with out any success.every time i rich to the part of fast boot the recovery image from daldroid then it says that boot image dowload okay and then phone automaticaly goes to restart but hangs on the tim logo at the start up.the reason i want to change complete firmware on the phone is because of the tim logo.

for the second phone as i notice is from asia dont know were specific.here is the specs of it

IMEI: 354059024437004
S/N: HT96TKF01439

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0010 (SAPP10000)
CDLP-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
JUN 2 2009,17:28:28
any way i try to root the phone or what ever instructions i found on net but it gives me an error that downloading boot image failed (remote not allow)
all i want is to have into my phone the google apps and android market thats the reason to buy a second one another color but i was not lucky.

please help me and ill appreciate it if your help is with complete details so it will be more easy to follow ur instructions.

if u can mail me here is my addrs aurion28@gmail.com

thanx in advance
awaiting

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
To answer your questions:

Phone 1 - TIM logo - I believe most of the TIM phones are PVT32B - 192MB "Google Branded" handsets - so the daldroid rom will not work on these as it is for the PVT32A - 288MB models.

The boot images for the PVT32A and PVT32B models are different - you cannot use the same roms on each. Grab a nk02's ION rom perhaps or look for another image designed for the PVT32B model.

Phone 2 - eeks.. HBOOT 1.33.0010 is unfortunately one of those 'perfect SPL' phones thay haykuro has warned everyone about - at this point I don't believe it's possible to flash these with any alternate roms - they won't fastboot with the current SPL and there's still discussion going on about the best way to deal with this - check out the comments going on about the TMobile MyTouch3g as it has a similar 'perfect SPL' hboot.

xiutian

Jul 16, 2009
I am from Singapore. Just rooted my HTC Magic two days ago using daldroid's ROM and everything is working well except that I can't send or receive MMS.

I have checked with my mobile provider and my settings for MMS are correct. Should I be using my provider's settings or are there some settings that I am missing?

Many thanks to daldroid for the ROM and thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out with this problem.

xiutian

Jul 16, 2009
Managed to resolve it. Used big Caps instead of small lettering for one of the settings. Changed it and all is good.

Last edited:

Bipin saspara

Jan 23, 2006
Antwerp
upgrade

hi

thanks for everything you work. and hope we climb each and every steps and over android community grows.

i have problem upgrading my device.
i have htc branded pvt 32a phone which i bought in belgium.

- HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12 (Belgian HTC)
radio-3.22.20.17
may 8 2009,21:02:32

i am enable to connect my phone on fastboot mode.
when i type adb devices in fastboot mode it doesn't list my device. i tried all the thing what is availabe on over forum but still don't work. please help me to upgrade to your hero rom.

please asap

thanks already.

Bipin

aurion28

Jul 15, 2009
To answer your questions:

Phone 1 - TIM logo - I believe most of the TIM phones are PVT32B - 192MB "Google Branded" handsets - so the daldroid rom will not work on these as it is for the PVT32A - 288MB models.

The boot images for the PVT32A and PVT32B models are different - you cannot use the same roms on each. Grab a nk02's ION rom perhaps or look for another image designed for the PVT32B model.

Phone 2 - eeks.. HBOOT 1.33.0010 is unfortunately one of those 'perfect SPL' phones thay haykuro has warned everyone about - at this point I don't believe it's possible to flash these with any alternate roms - they won't fastboot with the current SPL and there's still discussion going on about the best way to deal with this - check out the comments going on about the TMobile MyTouch3g as it has a similar 'perfect SPL' hboot.

radix thanx for your reply men

my first phone it has already google apps inside but i want to change the rom with another one
here is the specs
plz check it out and let me know witch one is the perfect rom and from were i can download it if you dont mind

PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT 1.33.0008 (SAPP10000)
CPLD -12
RADIO -3.22.20.17
APRIL 29 2009 02:28:53

REGARDING THE SECOND PHONE AS I UNDERSTAND ILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOME TIME MORE AND WISH I CAN GET A SOLUTION SOON

Last edited:

Nags

Jul 19, 2009
How to reboot

Hey guys,

I just bought the phone n I have the same issue which is no google app. The model is A6161. Im trying to foolow the steps which mentioned above but How do i do Reboot with recovery and How to reboot. What should i press? Could u guys please help me out.. :confused:

Nags

Jul 19, 2009
How to reboot

Hey guys,

I just bought the phone, im trying to follow the steps which u gave us but How can i reboot? What shoult I press to reboot. I've been looking everywhere but couldn't find it.
I would really appreciate it for the fast reply, cos having HTC Magic without google app its nonsence..

Many Thanks,

Nags

Nags

Jul 19, 2009
cannot download the recovery

Hey,

I've been trying to download the recovery file but it keep on getting stuck half way n it stop downloaded.. Could u please help.. I really need it to start.. Thanks in advance

Nags

tintin1z

Feb 4, 2009
please help me

when i download the recovery image i can not extract it winzip can not open this file what do i do please help me!!!???

aurion28

Jul 15, 2009
when i download the recovery image i can not extract it winzip can not open this file what do i do please help me!!!???

my friend
first you down load the recovery image to your desktop\unzip it inside your android sdk folder/tools

then connect your phone by usb open a dos command on your windows ( go to run and type cmd

then direct dos to your sdk/tools folder and type adb devices it should show your device serial number.once you are conected download your recovery image to your phone (first u have to switch off the phone and then press you back button and power button together.once the phone is on recovery mode then u will have to enter the command onyou dos fastboot boot and your recovery image name

to unzip your file go to download.com and download winzip or winrar program on you pc install it and then make a douple click on the zip file then u will be able to see the file after drag and drop the file from the zip file to your desktop on any other location you prefere.

for more information contact me here aurion28@gmail.com

george

Last edited:

peshinho

May 16, 2008
Hello,
I totally bricked my phone as i was trying to flash it to its original state and when i flash the spl (update[1].SHIPMENT-SPL-HBOOT-1.33.0009H-signed.zip ) i took the battery after it rebooted but i guess before it finish as i saw a magic phone on the screen but could't stop on time from removing the battery.
Now nothing make my magic to turn on again, not the power button, not the back + power button, not the home + power button and not even the volume down + power button. i tried removing the battery, connecting the usb and tried all the possible combinations with no success.
Is there any way to get into fastboot, as if i get there i can reflash my previous spl and i am done.
Please help me as i paid over 1000 dollars for this phone here in argentina and there is not htc or rogers customers support here.
Is there any pandora battery or adb force awake or adb force power on command?
Thanks in advance
Facundo from Argentina

xiutian

Jul 16, 2009
For phones that are on daldroid's rom, are we able to use the appstosd app to install applications on the sd card?

aurion28

Jul 15, 2009
Hello people

SO FOR ONE MORE TIME I AM AGAIAN HERE TO POST MY QUESTION.:confused:

AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY I AM HAVING 2 HTC MAGIC THE FIRST IS BLACK WITH SPL 1.33.0008 CAPABLE FOR ROOTING AND UNFORTUNATELY MY SECOND ONE IS WHITE FROM ASIA WITH PERFECT SPL 1.33.0010 UNABLE TO ROOT.:mad:

THE FIRST ONE BLACK COLOR SUCCESSFULLY IS BEEN ROOTED AND I INSTALL THE HTC HERO ORIGINAL ROM, THE PHONE IS AWESOME AND THE ROM IS RUNNING PERFECTLY AND OF COURSE WITH ALL THE GOOGLE APPLICATION IN IT:). MY ONLY REQUEST IS THAT BECAUSE PHONE IS FROM TIM ITALY EVEN ALTHOUGH I INSTALL THE HERO ROM WHEN EVER I RESTART PHONE IS STILL SHOWING THE TIM LOGO AND ALSO IS STILL SHOWING THE HTC MAGIC LOGO A FEW SECONDS BEFORE SHOWS ME THE HERO LOGO.I WANT TO REQUEST IF SOME ONE KNOWS HOW TO REMOVE THE TIM LOGO AND THE HTC LOGO SO WHEN EVER I RESTART THE PHONE IT WILL SHOW ONLY THE HERO SCREEN.

SECONDLY I WANT TO ASK IF ALREADY BEEN RELEASED ANY RECOVERY IMAGE TO ROOT MY SECOND PHONE WITH THE PERFECT SPL 1.33.0010

ILL APPRECIATE VERY MUCH IF THE REPLY I GET FROM YOU PEOPLE IS WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS SO IT WILL BE EASY FOR ME TO DO IT CAUSE I AM A NEW USER.

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND I AM SORRY FOR POSTING SO BIG THREAD

REGARDS TO ALL OF YOU
GEORGE :)

msn0005

Aug 24, 2008
Hong Kong
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Megaupload wont let me download

Hi all,
here you can find my modded recovery image and a rom based on the original rom for HTC magic (model A6161 sold in scandinavia).

BEWARE, it works on TIM Magic, recovery was tested on Original Unbranded Magic, but the rom has to be tested yet.
I modded it to grant root access from adb shell. It doesn't work unmodified on Vodafone Magic and other devices with modified SPL. SPL working for this ROM is .2008, Board is PVT 32A.

I've no time to provide a step-by-step guide right now. Sorry to be in a hurry.
You have to download the images, then:

- copy the signed zip file as update.zip into your sd card root
- fastboot the recovery image
- select nandroid backup from the menu (so you're going to dump your original ROM)
- select wipe data
- select apply update
- select reboot
- wait a long time for the first initialization.

I'm sorry for italian guys, it seems TIM sim customizes the phone for noverca. You'll have to change your apn settings, so during the wizard setup, press ignore when asked for google account setup. You'll configure it later.

DISCLAIMER: WARNING, you're going to format all of your data and the rom has not been tested for full functionality. Flashing unofficial roms ROMs will invalidate your warranty and you can make your device unusable. Do it at your own responsability. Non experienced users, please wait for for feedbacks by more experienced users.
Please post any comment in this thread.

----- links --------
Recovery:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYPX30HN

Rooted (adb shell) Original HTC ROM for Magic:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65MNJXYS

Greetings,
daldroid

Can you perhaps please upload it on other sites? Thanks for the help.

fpont1

Jul 29, 2009
Thanks daldroid. tun.ko?

Thanks daldroid for your work.

I was able to get root with your recovery img and ROM on my HTC Magic in Switzerland. I would like to get VPN working, so I was wondering if you could give me more details about how you built the ROM so that I can duplicate your environment and compile tun.ko.

One more question: is is possible to get back to the original ROM? I (naively) didn't perform a nandroid backup before install the daldroid ROM? Can I do it by finding an unmodified phone, doing a nandroid backup and restoring it on my own device?

HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
May 8 2009, 21:02:32

Thanks
Fred

Last edited:

jack_martynov

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks daldroid.

I've found new issue - video with aac sound is played only on the one channel. Music in mp3 works fine.

Looking forward for updating of this rom.

narf_android

Aug 6, 2009
Thanks daldroid for your work.

I was able to get root with your recovery img and ROM on my HTC Magic in Switzerland. I would like to get VPN working, so I was wondering if you could give me more details about how you built the ROM so that I can duplicate your environment and compile tun.ko.

One more question: is is possible to get back to the original ROM? I (naively) didn't perform a nandroid backup before install the daldroid ROM? Can I do it by finding an unmodified phone, doing a nandroid backup and restoring it on my own device?

HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
May 8 2009, 21:02:32

Thanks
Fred

I guess I'm missing something, but I have the exact same device as yours, I've done everything as described step-by-step, twice ... and I'm still stuck with the "HTC Magic" splash screen.

And the worst part is ... I don't have a backup. Some help, anyone? :)

xiutian

Jul 16, 2009
There is a nandroid backup of a Rogers original ROM here

You can still boot into recovery mode (Home and Power keys) right? Do the nandroid recovery from there.