[APP][12/1] Calendr/Calendr+ 1.5 - Released on Market!

Search This thread

mckayrytting

Oct 10, 2010
Love it. On my G2 running cm6 only the left 1/3 or so of the widget takes me to my agenda when I touch it. If I touch farther right than that, nothing happens. Keep up the good work! I'll let you know if I come across anything else. Excited for future updates!

damaph

Mar 10, 2009
I have a request. I do not have a data connection and do not have wifi so I do not use google calendars. Instead, I use jorte which has the calendar stored locally on the phone. Would it be possible to get the appointments from the jorte calendar?

nonamo

May 22, 2008
Southampton
?

2ez73mr.png

What wallpaper is this?
I like it...

Hawkee

Aug 28, 2010
Richmond
It looks very nice, but it would be nice to have a way to reach my calendar to add events by tapping it. I'd also like to second the option to add more events. Particularly 2-3 in the same amount of space.

tsompanis

Nov 6, 2010
Thessaloniki
Forse Close as soon as i select to place it at my homescreen
with my x10 mini Pro.

Then it just stays there, filling space and giving me nothing else than a blank widget.

Altho, from the screen u posted looks very cool! Can't wait to get it work at my phone! :D

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
didn't know so many were looking forward to something like this! i created it to fill the void on my homescreen - needed an agenda widget to sit along with clockr and battstat.

well, i'll push more updates and more importantly, bug fix as soon as i have time.. kinda busy with school. stay tuned. :p

psynapse

This is an awesome little app! Only problem I've noticed is that a lot of the time, tapping the widget does nothing.

/edit

Actually on further testing it seems it's the bold section of text being unresponsive on my galaxy s. How odd!
Apologies if this has already been mentioned :)

Last edited:

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
Does not respond to taps. Didn't think it was suppose to, but reading leaves me thinking it should...
EVO w/ Frost 3.4 ROM using Launcher Pro Plus.

Babydollll

Update: I am now running LP+ and so I installed Calendr again. This time when I added it to my homescreen I experienced no force closes and no freezing issues. Even after opening my6sense. So maybe it was ADWlauncher. Or it could also still have been my fault. Great work.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

amit14

May 10, 2010
Chandigarh
Xperia X10

Well for me it does not shows up when i put it on my screen....just blank space....then i got to delete the empty widget.

xperia x10 2.1

Hawkee

Aug 28, 2010
Richmond
It doesn't seem to update right away after I add a new event. I need to remove it and add it again. Would love to see an update to fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you probably would have guess, inspired by clockr, here comes the calendr widget, your minimalistic calendar event widget.

How minimalistic?
    Follows the style of clockr, only needed information is shown. It shows the upcoming events within 1 week range, and most importantly, it only shows 1 event.

FAQ
    Can you make tapping the widget open the detail of the event?
    I tried, trust me. But somehow, the event detail view open with incorrect information. If anybody knows how android properly handle calendar intents, do tell me please!

How much resource does the widget use?
    No polling is done. The widget now hooks onto Android Calendar to detect changes to it. 1 widget refresh update is done per day in the case where no changes in the Android Calendar is detected.

Picture speak a thousand words...
    calendr_alpha1.png

More screenshots: droidBar.net

Download:
    1.5: Market Link
    • Doesn't show only up to 7 days now (an option in preference)
    • Show today's date when not no events
    • Calendr+: Can select which calendars to read events from! ONLY $0.99! Supoort me!

1.0: Market Link
    • Full preferences for setting widget appearance - accessed through Calendr launcher icon
    • Battery efficient! Hooked onto Calendar changes as opposed to 30mins polling interval
    • Timed events have priority over All Day events: After 12am, the next event is shown rather than the All-Day event
    • Not related... THANKS FOR THOSE WHO WISHED ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY! :D

Alpha 2: Here
    • Fixed the bug whereby only one calendar is being used
    • Calendr now show the day (Mon, Tue, Wed etc.) (will be made toggalable in the future)
    • Totally unrelated: 21st December is my birthday :p

Alpha 1: Here
    • First Release
    • Checks all your visible Calendar and display the nearest event
    • Supports up to 21 letters of Event Title OR 5 Words whichever limitations come first
    • 30mins interval refresh
    • ONLY HDPI IS FULLY SUPPORTED RIGHT NOW
    • No customizations available (yet!)
    Looks very nice:

2ez73mr.png

Will report back if I notice any problem
    Heh. Apparently I accidentally left the bug for the multi calendar. Will fix it in next version.

Not in market yet because I haven't polished it enough. ;)

Stay tuned! Hope you guys enjoyed it.
    Okay, just released an update on Market. Hope it's a one cure to all the current issues!

- Proper error message for unsupported devices
    - All-Day events Date fix
    - Android 1.6-2.1 issue fixed
    Updated Calendr to 1.5 in Market. Check it out! Also released Calendr+, for those who wish to donate to support my work. ;)