[Q] Any stable rom for desire ?

Search This thread

Mastermindsaifee

Jan 21, 2014
Karachi
Tried all the avilable roms avilable here for desire , but non of them works perfectly fine, Some roms managed to run smoothly but for just some days and then it becomes to crash and crash, then I have to reflash them or struggling to find another rom, may that runs smoothly,

Plz anyone tell me which rom to use as a daily driver , I compromise on camera and video recorder , but it should rum smoothly, m fed up to change roms again and again , and setting up my phone from 0 again .....

Currently using Beanstalk Release 2

Regards,

Regards ,

BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
Aug 10 2010

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
If you have tried ALL of the available ROMs here not sure what else we can suggest...or do you to want list to the ones you have actually tried so we don't go round in circles

Nobody can tell you exactly which ROM is best for you, but there are plenty of stable ones.

Generally better to stick to gingerbread ones if you want stability.

Make sure you partition your sdcard properly using gparted or 4ext recovery (not minitool or clockworkmod recovery) for a2sd

rombsath

Feb 25, 2014
Lyon
I'm currently using Beanstalk Release 2, without any problem, except the video recording which doesn't work: camera seems to work, but does not generate any video file.
To send or receive MMS, I have replaced SMS/MMS by chompSMS which works well.
The Wifi Hotspot also works when using the posted fix. It would be nice to include this fix in the next release !

It would also be nice if Chromium could have a look at the video problem ! :cool:

Last edited:

psone1

Mar 11, 2013
Dębica
Maybe try some of Mildwild roms, all they are on gingerbread but everything work fine and smooth

Wysłane z mojego Incredible S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Robcr

May 2, 2013
Are you sure it isn't some particular app that's causing the crashes as you have tried all the ROMs? If not then card issue - quality or format as already stated above, or your phone is starting to fail - it does happen.

I have found many ROMs to be unstable, but as already stated above, the GB ROMS should pretty much all work as designed.
Cool droid and cm 8 JG stable have full backups resident on my card ready for quick recovery from other builds. When it all goes wrong i go back to one of these.

CM 8 JG stable has some extra features but occasional brief stalls and some things don't do quite what they say, probably due to options being in more than one place.

Cool droid one the most stable outside of an original build with ample space for apps.. .

Had a quick go with beanstalk and well impressed for an early build despite no stand alone calender.

Most others tried and discarded, mainly due to not supporting the early ROMs stand alone calender (must ask that question) or silly things like no contacts selection from create msg (How TF can folk leave that out) before I even get to stability issues.

After ensuring card is good quality and formatted correctly, I would strongly suggest OP look at running a build with only critical requirement stuff installed, Then add one more app at a time and use for a day or two and see when it fails.

addendum
I have seen some of the devs state that older recoverys may be causing some issues with certain ROMS. - Worth looking at.

Last edited:

psone1

Mar 11, 2013
Dębica
Any KitKat, Jellybean, even Ics Rom not working 100% correctly because we don't have Kernel 3.0 and higher on Desire. No Kernel= no good working Rom

Wysłane z mojego Incredible S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

laserod

Jul 2, 2012
I guess one has to just forget video recording.. then there are many roms which work great for day to day.. Just remember..not to install too many apps.. it will slow down the device sooner or later. the RAM on desire simply not enough.

freebird24h

Apr 18, 2013
A year ago I found a ROM that permanently cured my flashaholism, I'm still using it, uptime reaches 800+ hours before I reboot it. Perfectly stable. Might be what you are looking for as well :)

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181710

rombsath

Feb 25, 2014
Lyon
Well, now I have found a video camera application that works on HTC Desire.
It's called "Videocam Illusion" and it's free.
Just install it and the video recording works well, storing the files in a folder named /sdcard/Videocamilllusion.
To see these files in the Gallery application, you have to rename the video files from .mov to .mp4.
Also, you'll have to install another video player able to read these videos.
Therefore, just install the free application called "Android Video Player" and put it as default video player for Gallery and everything is then allright.

I still wonder why this application works well and the normal camera not !!! :rolleyes:

rombsath

Feb 25, 2014
Lyon

I have changed it ... was uncomplete ...

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

The BeanStalk ROM by Chromium , its really the most stable, full of features and great KitKat ROM. I love it , and recommend to everyone !

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

I agree with you !

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Hi Chromium

Happy to read from you.
Do you think you'll be soon able to bring something new on your Beanstalk ROM, concerning MMS and video recording ?
It would be nice ! ;)
Except these two issues, I'm using it since a couple of weeks now, without any problem. That's fine ! :good: