Removing Branding?

Search This thread

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've just received a Note 3 I bought online as sim free unlocked, when its arrived I noticed it has an O2 splash screen :(

Is there anyway to remove this and put a stock rom on?

Many thanks, will this effectively turn my handset into a BTU? (presuming that's the firmware I flash)

If you wipe the phone fully afterwards (through recovery), then yes. Otherwise the CSC stays O2.

Yes, of course.

First, you should know what CSC you are now. Use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to get this info.

You are aware we have rules against self-promotion?

Just dial *#1234#. No need for 3rd party apps.

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
If you wipe the phone fully afterwards (through recovery), then yes. Otherwise the CSC stays O2.

You are aware we have rules against self-promotion?

Just dial *#1234#. No need for 3rd party apps.

N9005O2UDMJ1 is what is currently on, I've just downloaded the latest BTU firmware of sammobile so will have a go later this evening, just wondering if this will effect warranty?

Are you aware that, on some Samsung models (especially on branded phone, e.g Verizon, Sprint...), you cannot dial the *# code?

Take it easy guy.

And since he clearly mentioned it was an O2 phone, which isn't from the US(which is the only country selling branded phones, the EU for one forbid it by law.), in his first post, linking to your own app can be considered self promotion.

(I do, however, commend you for making that app for the people who can't use the dialer codes.)

Not a guy. :p

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vndnguyen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ODIN. Just grab the unbranded firmware from the same country (or region) off Sammobile and flash it over the Branded one. If you stick with the official firmware this won't trigger KNOX.
    N9005O2UDMJ1 is what is currently on, I've just downloaded the latest BTU firmware of sammobile so will have a go later this evening, just wondering if this will effect warranty?

It shouldn't. The official firmware won't trip KNOX.
    Are you aware that, on some Samsung models (especially on branded phone, e.g Verizon, Sprint...), you cannot dial the *# code?

Take it easy guy.

And since he clearly mentioned it was an O2 phone, which isn't from the US(which is the only country selling branded phones, the EU for one forbid it by law.), in his first post, linking to your own app can be considered self promotion.

(I do, however, commend you for making that app for the people who can't use the dialer codes.)

Not a guy. :p

If I flash it with stock btu rom can I flash it back to o2 rom if needed?

Yes.