Looking for stock restore, GS3 i747 4.3

Search This thread

Gizmosis350k

Apr 18, 2014
Bamboo
Hello, I have been here all night trying to recover my GS5 i747, I have TWRP but my phone does not seem to work with Micro SD cards, I was getting a blank SD error when it worked just fine in other phones. Does anyone here have a stock rom I can restore via Odin and be done with this once and for all? Apparently the phone is now wiped and I can only access TWRP and nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
Hello, I have been here all night trying to recover my GS5 i747, I have TWRP but my phone does not seem to work with Micro SD cards, I was getting a blank SD error when it worked just fine in other phones. Does anyone here have a stock rom I can restore via Odin and be done with this once and for all? Apparently the phone is now wiped and I can only access TWRP and nothing else.

Here, you can find all the stock rom you need!
www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

;)

Reactions: Gizmosis350k

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Thanks so much, so are you saying that it's now safe to directly use Odin to downgrade to 4.1 from 4.3 OTA?
I've been reading a lot of warnings against that, and the highest Sam has is 4.1
What precautionary measures would I need to take?

You can't use Odin if you were already on 4.3 prior to losing your OS. Any attempt to flash 4.1.1 via Odin may result in a hard brick. Since you still have TWRP, use instructions and zip file in the thread below to restore your system to stock 4.3. Hope this works for you ....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Gizmosis350k

Apr 18, 2014
Bamboo
You can't use Odin if you were already on 4.3 prior to losing your OS. Any attempt to flash 4.1.1 via Odin may result in a hard brick. Since you still have TWRP, use instructions and zip file in the thread below to restore your system to stock 4.3. Hope this works for you ....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Thankfully yes it works - does anyone know about the horrid suspense when it's booting for the first time?? I was almost to pull the battery when i heard the new device jingle and saw the screen dim lol

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Thankfully yes it works - does anyone know about the horrid suspense when it's booting for the first time?? I was almost to pull the battery when i heard the new device jingle and saw the screen dim lol

Yes, a long delay is not unusual after a firmware restore. Usually, however, this can be avoided or limited if you wipe the cache/dalvik after the restore operation.

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
Thanks so much, so are you saying that it's now safe to directly use Odin to downgrade to 4.1 from 4.3 OTA?
I've been reading a lot of warnings against that, and the highest Sam has is 4.1

Don't try to downgrade it with Odin. You will brick your device.

You can also try this, I didn't try it but I guess it should work. If you're not sure what you're doing, don't try it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625461

Reactions: Gizmosis350k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here, you can find all the stock rom you need!
    www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

;)

Don't try to downgrade it with Odin. You will brick your device.

You can also try this, I didn't try it but I guess it should work. If you're not sure what you're doing, don't try it.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625461