-=Theme=-[PORT] ♧♣♧♣AlexanderTheme♣♧♣♧ |For Jedi Roms| 02/18

Search This thread

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
Transparent Music Player added, check second post.

TPMP_zps98168cf1.jpg

Reactions: mkeric1

azriley82

Jul 20, 2012
Maine
Need some help

First off thank you for this great theme. I am having a small issue. When I install this theme everything works except. Gmail, playstore, youtube, and drop box all retain there stock look. I have tryed to reinstall rom then flash theme. I have tried a fresh flash of the theme and fix permissions. Still no go. Anyone have any ideas how to get these few apps to take the flash of the theme. And just to clear something up the apps work they just dont get the custom icons

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
First off thank you for this great theme. I am having a small issue. When I install this theme everything works except. Gmail, playstore, youtube, and drop box all retain there stock look. I have tryed to reinstall rom then flash theme. I have tried a fresh flash of the theme and fix permissions. Still no go. Anyone have any ideas how to get these few apps to take the flash of the theme. And just to clear something up the apps work they just dont get the custom icons

I haven't changed the icon for dropbox, but the rest of those apps you mentioned should have different icons.. try these..

When you get an update for these apps you should do the next:

integrate update into ROM using TitaniumBackup
- go into recovery
- reflash theme

or

Use the next steps to get theme work with Play Store apps:

- backup app using TitaniumBackup
- restore latest backup
- convert app to system app
- go into recovery
- flash theme

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited:

egeek84

Jan 25, 2013
Livermore
Best theme ever! Thank you guys for porting this over, I am truly in love. Question though, I noticed that my notification pulldown bar will alert me with a notification but then randomly, the notifications will dissapear on their own without me even hitting "clear." Is this as intended or a bug of some sort? Thanks.

Last edited:

azriley82

Jul 20, 2012
Maine
I haven't changed the icon for dropbox, but the rest of those apps you mentioned should have different icons.. try these..

When you get an update for these apps you should do the next:

integrate update into ROM using TitaniumBackup
- go into recovery
- reflash theme

or

Use the next steps to get theme work with Play Store apps:

- backup app using TitaniumBackup
- restore latest backup
- convert app to system app
- go into recovery
- flash theme

Let me know if this helps.

I am using what ever gmail and play store that comes with jedi x9, the only thing I update is the google search that it preps me to update, I am going to reflash and not update google search and see what happens, will keep you posted

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
Best theme ever! Thank you guys for porting this over, I am truly in love. Question though, I noticed that my notification pulldown bar will alert me with a notification but then randomly, the notifications will dissapear on their own without me even hitting "clear." Is this as intended or a bug of some sort? Thanks.

Glad you like the theme, but i'm not having that issue here, notifications don't disappear unless i "clear" them. =/

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
I am using what ever gmail and play store that comes with jedi x9, the only thing I update is the google search that it preps me to update, I am going to reflash and not update google search and see what happens, will keep you posted

Do you Format System before flashing? try doing that. Keep me posted.

egeek84

Jan 25, 2013
Livermore
Glad you like the theme, but i'm not having that issue here, notifications don't disappear unless i "clear" them. =/

ok when you say "clear" do you mean just by tapping on the notification or the "clear" button or both? Mine don't dissapear unless I actually click the notification but I wasn't sure if this was as intended or a bug. I should also add that I mistangly flashed this theme over my existing rom without flashing the rom over again first and I had a black screen and no access to my notification bar so I reflashed the rom again and then the theme and everything was working again.

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
ok when you say "clear" do you mean just by tapping on the notification or the "clear" button or both? Mine don't dissapear unless I actually click the notification but I wasn't sure if this was as intended or a bug. I should also add that I mistangly flashed this theme over my existing rom without flashing the rom over again first and I had a black screen and no access to my notification bar so I reflashed the rom again and then the theme and everything was working again.

I meant the "Clear" button, if you can try wiping cache, fix permission, format system and reflash the Rom then the theme. That should help.

Reactions: egeek84

Evilspawn

Oct 19, 2010
Re: -=Theme=-[PORT] ♧♣♧♣AlexanderTheme♣♧♣♧ |For Jedi-XP Roms|

I just noticed my play store gmail youtube etc is not themed. I wiped caches and fix permission s but still no go.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Evilspawn

Oct 19, 2010

Ok wiped system flashed rom then theme and play store got themed but utube google still no.

Evilspawn

Oct 19, 2010

Yes im wiping system. Its under wipe menu cause im using twrp

egeek84

Jan 25, 2013
Livermore
No problem mate! and it's better if you flash from Internal Storage. :)

ok i wiped and reflashed but it stil persists but honestly its no big deal really. I actually prefer that the notification gets cleared after i read it so that way my notification bar doesn't get clogged up.

I'm also glad I deleted data and reflashed cuz now more of the system icons are skinned but for some reason it didn't skin youtube or google play store. Oh well I don't care, this theme is freaking beautiful!

OH BY THE WAY, what font are you using? I'd like to use the one that's in the screenshots :0

Last edited:

Evilspawn

Oct 19, 2010

Yea I just did a full clean rom install then theme. Play store booted up themed but upon opening it then going to home it literally changed back to stock as I watched the icon change back again.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington
ok i wiped and reflashed but it stil persists but honestly its no big deal really. I actually prefer that the notification gets cleared after i read it so that way my notification bar doesn't get clogged up.

I'm also glad I deleted data and reflashed cuz now more of the system icons are skinned but for some reason it didn't skin youtube or google play store. Oh well I don't care, this theme is freaking beautiful!

OH BY THE WAY, what font are you using? I'd like to use the one that's in the screenshots :0

using SonySketch, you can grab it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1958316

Reactions: egeek84

azriley82

Jul 20, 2012
Maine
Well giving up on getting playstore and gmail for awhile, all other themed icons work great. Have tried all things suggested, even back up using titanium backup. oh well rest of the thing is bada$$ so its all good for now

Top Liked Posts