[ROM] [4.4.4] AOKP KitKat *-Unofficial-*

Search This thread
Nov 29, 2008
So I really like this ROM, but it doesn't have BLN, which is a must for my uses. So I thought I'd just build a kernel for my own uses. However, the repo fails to sync due to missing revisions for kitkat. Curious if you have a work around? Or perhaps I have the wrong repo?

I did not find the AOKP site very helpful in terms of getting the source, to put it mildly. Most of my dev work has been in Linux, and well...the organization and presentation of information for Android dev is pretty...unsatisfying to me, quite often. Too much flash and chatter. Also, my first kernel build since...gingerbread, maybe? Possibly even further back? And the scene has changed a lot since then.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
So I really like this ROM, but it doesn't have BLN, which is a must for my uses. So I thought I'd just build a kernel for my own uses. However, the repo fails to sync due to missing revisions for kitkat. Curious if you have a work around? Or perhaps I have the wrong repo?

I did not find the AOKP site very helpful in terms of getting the source, to put it mildly. Most of my dev work has been in Linux, and well...the organization and presentation of information for Android dev is pretty...unsatisfying to me, quite often. Too much flash and chatter. Also, my first kernel build since...gingerbread, maybe? Possibly even further back? And the scene has changed a lot since then.
its been stated b4 afaik that bln will never be incorporated w/any cm based roms as it has to be incorporated into the kernel, any1 can correct me if i am wrong, i use noled from play and works great

Last edited:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Used cm source for this aside from the kernel. This has diablo3.1 kernel built in. Unless he took the bln out with the update to KitKat it should still be in there. This rom just doesn't have the option to turn it on and off. Trickstermod is what I use for kernel edits. But isn't in that either.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Used cm source for this aside from the kernel. This has diablo3.1 kernel built in. Unless he took the bln out with the update to KitKat it should still be in there. This rom just doesn't have the option to turn it on and off. Trickstermod is what I use for kernel edits. But isn't in that either.

unless kernel was built specifically for the sr i dont think we will ever see bln for the sr in cm based roms , as usual correct me if im wrong

Last edited:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
I'll take a look at the kernel source when I get home and double check.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
It is not in cl3kener s kernel source. Its in evervolv kernel source. Sorry for the confusion.

Nov 29, 2008
It is not in cl3kener s kernel source. Its in evervolv kernel source. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info. So, unless I misunderstood, you're saying that even if I built a kernel from source, the option to enable BLN is no longer in the kernel? Also, is it possible to enable in evervolv? Because I can certainly get behind that. lol Finding time to build my own kernel isn't particularly easy in the first place, thus why I abandoned mobile development as a hobby a few years ago, for the most part.

Cyanogenmod team had said they were going to fix BLN for their sources, but it never happened. Very frustrating, as it means I'm likely going to just look at replacing my phone to one I can keep updating and have light-based notification for unless I find some solution. My primary work is as a writer, and having silent notifications that I can see when I have a moment to look is great, while chirping and annoying vibrations that break my train of thought are not feasible. The last thing I want with my phone is the urge throw it across the room for interrupting me. lol

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks for the info. So, unless I misunderstood, you're saying that even if I built a kernel from source, the option to enable BLN is no longer in the kernel? Also, is it possible to enable in evervolv? Because I can certainly get behind that. lol Finding time to build my own kernel isn't particularly easy in the first place, thus why I abandoned mobile development as a hobby a few years ago, for the most part.

Cyanogenmod team had said they were going to fix BLN for their sources, but it never happened. Very frustrating, as it means I'm likely going to just look at replacing my phone to one I can keep updating and have light-based notification for unless I find some solution. My primary work is as a writer, and having silent notifications that I can see when I have a moment to look is great, while chirping and annoying vibrations that break my train of thought are not feasible. The last thing I want with my phone is the urge throw it across the room for interrupting me. lol
try the app "noled"

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Try the Evervolv rom. It does have bln as I noted above. Its getting updated tonight. I've never taken much notice of it as my phone is usually in a pocket.

Thanks!!! I really appreciate it.

so does bln work for the sr, just wanted to confirm so i could add that info into the sticky, sorry too lazy to try for myself and noled works great for my needs

Nov 11, 2013
Camera

So i have not been able to get the camera to record video correctly. It takes a few seconds to start recording and then in the gallery, it is green and has streaks and its all messed up. Is there any fixes for that yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP KitKat for the Skyrocket
    83.png

Device: skyrocket (SGH-I727)

81.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP 2.6.1.0 (Not TWRP 2.6.3.0) - Thanks @vincom
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

78.png

>> Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

In order from newest to oldest..

Dev Db link 4.4.4 CM kernel Nov. 4, 2014

Dev Db link 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Nov. 2, 2014

Dev Db Link 4.4.4 CM Kernel Sept. 15, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 7 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Sept 1, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 6 4.4.4 July 8, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 5 4.4.3 June 19, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 4 May 7, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 3

AOKP KitKat Build 2
    DEV DB Link Build 2

AOKP KitKat Build 1
    DEV DB Link

_____Hercules Builds_____
    In hercules forums

Special Thanks
    AOKP
    CM
    Rookie Thread
    Everyone that enjoys this Rom

82.png

>> AOKP Gerrit
    >>AOKP on Github
    >>Source on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    >> Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar, AOKP_ROM
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-01-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-04
    Enjoy guys. Just wanted to share with community.

Changelog - Device Changes May 7, 2014
    Qcom-common
    *Fixes for Interactive governor
    *FFMPEG codecs

MSM8660-common
    *remove duplicate SElinux rules
    *add memtrack HAL
    *enable QCOM_BSP
    *disable LPA
    *grant bluetooth LE permissions
    *enable kernel samepage merging (ksm)
    *remove linux includes
    *enable 3 buffers at all times
    *enable media-caf
    *Camera Wrapper
    New Build is up.. Check OP.. Thanks guys. I'll continue building for the skyrocket until I finally brick my phone.
    And now for something completely different! (well .. mostly)

AOKP, freshly synced and built with @Sultanxda 's kernel and device trees. Won't go into ART, so please don't try. ( I let mine sit for about 10 minutes with the only noticible difference that it was geting HOT.)
    Thanks to @Sultanxda for the source and allowing all of us to use those sources.
    Enjoy,
    ~Kiltnar
    Working on getting an update in this weekend with the new bootanimation and 4.4.3. Will update this post if there are problems.
    Thanks guys and gals!

EDIT: New bootanimation isn't working yet.

EDIT2: Boot animation is now working correctly .. rebuilding now. If I have time before I go to work in the morning I'll upload and share. (Hercules will be next)