Supcase unicorn beetle pro

Search This thread

spiderjerusalem

Jan 26, 2005
Just picked up the unicorn beetle pro (the otter box level one ) and just wanted to say it is a great case, I'm not much for writing reviews but can answer any questions if anyone else was looking at this case. It seems super durable, it's thick but reasonably so, the ir /power button has a clear cover so it still functions. The rubber sides are much harder than an otter box and don't pull on and off when you pull it from your pocket like some other cases.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I just received this case yesterday too. It's awesome, love it. Better than Otterbox IMO. My new camera is coming in today so I'll post pictures later.

Reactions: spiderjerusalem

59er9er

Apr 19, 2013
I'll add to the positive reviews of this case. I ordered it early through Amazon so I too got it at a great price figuring I had very little to lose. I'm extremely pleased with most aspects of this case. I'm coming from an M7 with a UAG case so I have something good to compare this case to. Best things about this case are:

-built-in screen protector with tacky back. this keeps the plastic protector in constant contact with the screen so not air gaps like LifeProofs iPhone case
- completely covered plastic power button. much better IMO than UAG's slotted rubber button because it provide tactile feedback
-port covers. keeps the dust out
-very little metal is exposed. the camera lenses on back have the typical case protection but I really like the plastic around the speaker grills. looks good and looks like it'll provide adequate protection from most anything short of extreme sports

The only thing that I don't like is that the back of the case has a slight curve to it versus the flat back of the UAG case. But I figure this is why the Unicorn Beetle doesn't feel so bulky.

I was planning on only using this case for when I'm doing yard work, hiking, or playing in the park but I'm happy enough with it at this point that I'll likely leave it on most of the time. It's a great value, even at the current price. I will watch the price closely on this and probably pick up another one if the price drops.

Last edited:

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Here we go!

I popped out the plastic screen cover and removed the residue. Case still fits great with my Nillkin Glass screen protector!

The other case is the regular Unicorn Beetle so you can see the size difference.

Attachments

• beetle1.jpg
    beetle1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,783
  • beetle2.jpg
    beetle2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,684
  • beetle3.jpg
    beetle3.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 2,507
  • beetle4.jpg
    beetle4.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 2,389
  • beetle5.jpg
    beetle5.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,282
  • beetle6.jpg
    beetle6.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 2,563
  • beetle7.jpg
    beetle7.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 2,421

spiderjerusalem

Jan 26, 2005
Yeah built in screen protector is not that bad but doesn't work well with a wet apply style below it as I had one on mine , they stick together. I'm going to order a glass one and pop out the plastic eventually but the built in is good enough for now

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
Man that is really nice.

Btw I have a Otterbox Commuter lol.

HTC UltimEight ?

NegativeOne13

Apr 7, 2009
Kansas
Gestures

Got the case today, and seems like a pretty stout case. I removed my clear plastic as I have a SpartanShield screen protector on it. Customized it a little to my needs... Added mesh on the speakers. It didn't mess with the FFC much, but has a slight difference. I need this mesh as I'm a machinist, and have always had to dig out metal shavings. My main concern is since I've installed this case I havent had much luck with getting gestures to work. It seems like sometimes it doesn't work at all, and other times it seems fine. Didn't know of anyone has had this experience yet.

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I haven't had any issues with the touchscreen, but I have a glass screen protector. Loving this case so far. Very well made. Way better than my Otterbox Commuter.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

spiderjerusalem

Jan 26, 2005
Got the case today, and seems like a pretty stout case. I removed my clear plastic as I have a SpartanShield screen protector on it. Customized it a little to my needs... Added mesh on the speakers. It didn't mess with the FFC much, but has a slight difference. I need this mesh as I'm a machinist, and have always had to dig out metal shavings. My main concern is since I've installed this case I havent had much luck with getting gestures to work. It seems like sometimes it doesn't work at all, and other times it seems fine. Didn't know of anyone has had this experience yet.

Gestures working fine for me and I have fat fingers.

shu23

Apr 25, 2014
I haven't had any issues with the touchscreen, but I have a glass screen protector. Loving this case so far. Very well made. Way better than my Otterbox Commuter.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Did you remove the plastic screen protector before applying the case? If not, did the glass screen protector cause a gap between the plastic around the speakers?

Edit: Whoops never mind. just saw your previous post about the screen protector

Last edited:

fineazbro

Jan 24, 2011
hollywood
My baby well protected even IR blaster work

Attachments

• 1398782298180.jpg
    1398782298180.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 595

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I have one of these coming. N a dot view.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received this case yesterday too. It's awesome, love it. Better than Otterbox IMO. My new camera is coming in today so I'll post pictures later.

Holy ****, you buy a new camera for taking photos of this phone in case. What a baller!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
    Here we go!

I popped out the plastic screen cover and removed the residue. Case still fits great with my Nillkin Glass screen protector!

The other case is the regular Unicorn Beetle so you can see the size difference.