[OFF-TOPIC] Official Off-Topic Thread for S4 mini community

Search This thread

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
just can't wait for lollipop!! :laugh::fingers-crossed::good::silly::victory::highfive::eek::eek::D:p

hoooooo ..... :eek:

objectively ,i don't think that we have Lollipop because it's a "middle" phone released in the middle of 2013 :(

and for CM12 too (there are chance :( ) because there already have had 3 versions (10.1 ,10.2 ,11) ==>maybe only arco68 can answer ...

If no Lollipop ==> we just have to pray that there still have "devs" who support our phone for that ( Silesh.Nair seem left definitively ! ) , and aray that the tree-source of S4-mini too (actualy used for KK ) is enought "good" and ready for Lolliopop :(

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
hoooooo ..... :eek:

objectively ,i don't think that we have Lollipop because it's a "middle" phone released in the middle of 2013 :(

and for CM12 too (there are chance :( ) because there already have had 3 versions (10.1 ,10.2 ,11) ==>maybe only arco68 can answer ...

If no Lollipop ==> we just have to pray that there still have "devs" who support our phone for that ( Silesh.Nair seem left definitively ! ) , and aray that the tree-source of S4-mini too (actualy used for KK ) is enought "good" and ready for Lolliopop :(

we just recently had a bunch of new roms i'm super sure we'll get lollipop time by time, just look at the htc sensation from mid 2011 for example it still got support with 4.4.4 roms and so on

/edit

not to mention the s3 mini just recently already got lollipop aosp

Last edited:

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
we just recently had a bunch of new roms i'm super sure we'll get lollipop time by time, just look at the htc sensation from mid 2011 for example it still got support with 4.4.4 roms and so on

/edit

not to mention the s3 mini just recently already got lollipop aosp

;)

For Lollipop ,it's only depending to the interest of devs ( and for S4-mini ,exept F4K ,there are NOBODY "now" )and by chance there are others devises who have good devs ) .
There are devs who change their own phone too (and sections too )

i see that you have asked to arco68 for CM12 .....and he have just said "probably" (not "no" ,not "yes" ) ?!

volksieboi

Aug 14, 2009
Cape Town
;)

For Lollipop ,it's only depending to the interest of devs ( and for S4-mini ,exept F4K ,there are NOBODY "now" )and by chance there are others devises who have good devs ) .
There are devs who change their own phone too (and sections too )

i see that you have asked to arco68 for CM12 .....and he have just said "probably" (not "no" ,not "yes" ) ?!

we've gotta give love to @F4k and @arco68

they made alot possible for our device :good::good::good::good:

Hopefully they will make Lollipop possible also.

Here in South Africa , the S4 mini sold like hotcakes (cos the S3 got discontinued and the S4 was too big at the time), so there are plenty around. But sadly there aren't many users over here that are into custom roms. When i show them all the neat stuff that root + custom roms + Xposed make possible, they be like :eek: WHUUTTT!!??

but most folks over here are so scared of carriers voiding warranties.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyt_Wolf

michelsberg

Jul 17, 2012
Yesterday, I dropped my S4 mini in the street, face down. Even better, a car was immediately available, firmly rolling over the device...

The cool thing is: it still works! But there's an issue... the car must have installed the famous Spider-Man app which is really persistent and I can't find it in /data/app or /system/(priv-)app.
Will a factory reset make it go away?

Reactions: XxM4tzexX

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Yesterday, I dropped my S4 mini in the street, face down. Even better, a car was immediately available, firmly rolling over the device...

The cool thing is: it still works! But there's an issue... the car must have installed the famous Spider-Man app which is really persistent and I can't find it in /data/app or /system/(priv-)app.
Will a factory reset make it go away?

Oh pity ?

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: michelsberg

michelsberg

Jul 17, 2012
I'm actually quite optimistic... I ordered stuffs to change the front glass, yesterday.
If I'm not too unlucky, I'll have a pretty fresh phone where a car ran over. I was sure it would rest in pieces but in fact *everything* still works!

XxM4tzexX

Reactions: sasank360

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
@XxM4tzexX @Loulou-13 @Aronuser
Samsung usually has some reason for not updating their devices. :cyclops: Example is 1GB RAM for S3 I9300. Also storage, SoC and other creepy reasons for S3 Mini. :mad:
For S4 Mini I do not think they have any reason not to update it to lollipop.:p
S4 Mini has good SD400 chip + 1.5GB RAM..:good:.. Most midrange devices have just 1GB RAM and cheap cortex a7 cores that suck big time when playing GTA and Real Racing.
Also 8GB ROM is good enough. And more importantly it is within ""18 months policy"".
Hope samsung works on official Lollipop for S4 Mini..:fingers-crossed: :D
All we need is sources...for CM12 :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts