Otterbox Defender Pre-Order $26.99 with FSSS

Search This thread
samething here....just cancelled the order.

Ima wait it out...I gotta a Casemate Barely There now that is ok, but not that protective. The defender may be too big for me once I see it anyways. Amazon usually gives worse case shipping info...alot of times you receive items much sooner. I just cant see $40 for a case. $27 was hard enough.

nkawal

Aug 3, 2007
New York City
Ima wait it out...I gotta a Casemate Barely There now that is ok, but not that protective. The defender may be too big for me once I see it anyways. Amazon usually gives worse case shipping info...alot of times you receive items much sooner. I just cant see $40 for a case. $27 was hard enough.

Yeah, i know, but the my otterbox commuter is doing hte job just fine.

napsterdj

Jan 16, 2010
Miami, FL
I called Otterbox and cancelled my order on the Impact series. I read reviews on it saying it does not appear to be what it looks like on the website especially for the Impact series. I called them and cancelled the order today even though I placed my order 2 weeks ago they still haven't processed it yet.

Will be ordering the commuter series from amazon for a steal ! the prices are pretty good.

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2009
Madison, WI
diztronic.com

me too, my commuter case is working just fine for the time being. i'd like to know if the Defender to can be modded to accommodate an extended battery like people are doing with the seidio rugged. the second i hear thats not a posibility i'll cancel my order. but for now, $27 with free overnight shipping seems like a great deal (I emailed amazon about the long shipping time and they upgraded me to free overnight shipping).

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
me too, my commuter case is working just fine for the time being. i'd like to know if the Defender to can be modded to accommodate an extended battery like people are doing with the seidio rugged. the second i hear thats not a posibility i'll cancel my order. but for now, $27 with free overnight shipping seems like a great deal (I emailed amazon about the long shipping time and they upgraded me to free overnight shipping).

What the...?? Sure wish i had thought of that before i jumped ship and ordered straight from otterbox. now i can't get them to send me any shipping info or get them to respond to my attempts at contact. :eek:

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
http://www.facebook.com/otterbox/posts/458199813002

The following quote is from the Facebook Otterbox page made earlier this morning.

Alden KuldipOtterBox
When do you think 3rd parties like Amazon, Best Buy and Sprint will carry the Defender for EVO?
9 hours ago · Like · Comment
Bobby Thomas likes this.
OtterBox Amazon and other online retailers should have them within a week or so. Best Buy will be carrying online initially at BestBuy.com.
4 minutes ago · Like ·

Last edited:

BKsFinest

Nov 12, 2007

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
Back in stock at $29.94 right now. Use a plugin and site called camelcamelcamel to view price history.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Defender-Shield-HTC-Black/dp/B0043GWDZ2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

I need a case should I go with this or the Seidio?
http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocase-Rugged-Holster-Combo/dp/B003SNIRCO/ref=pd_cp_cps_3

I already have an Amzer which was like $5 but I want something more protective.

Can I hear feedback from ppl that own these cases? Thanks :)

I'm incredibly disappointed with my Defender. it's nowhere near the quality of the iphone 3gs builds. Have you seen the Ballistic cases? http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/htc-evo-ballistic-hc-series-case

i think thats what i'm going to try next

Last edited:

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
I'm incredibly disappointed with my Defender. it's nowhere near the quality of the iphone 3gs builds. Have you seen the Ballistic cases? http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/htc-evo-ballistic-hc-series-case

i think thats what i'm going to try next

Yeah, thanks for posting that link. As I've said, I'm over the Otterbox Defender. I have the Trident Cyclops, dropped it from the fire truck and it had zero damage to phone or case.

The Ballistic seems like a beast, if I didn't have the Cyclops, I'd get it in a heartbeat. The Ballistic seems to clearly be the toughest case for EVO.

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
Yeah, thanks for posting that link. As I've said, I'm over the Otterbox Defender. I have the Trident Cyclops, dropped it from the fire truck and it had zero damage to phone or case.

The Ballistic seems like a beast, if I didn't have the Cyclops, I'd get it in a heartbeat. The Ballistic seems to clearly be the toughest case for EVO.

My biggest deal is dust. my defender is by no means sealed. i'm constantly having to take it apart and clean it. this bothers me for two reasons, 1) i'm mildly OCD and 2) all those dust particles rubbing against the phone are gonna do damage at some point.

soon as one of our fellow XDAers post a proper review, i'll most likely be purchasing one!

JustRuin

Oct 1, 2010
Los Angeles
I called Otterbox and cancelled my order on the Impact series. I read reviews on it saying it does not appear to be what it looks like on the website especially for the Impact series. I called them and cancelled the order today even though I placed my order 2 weeks ago they still haven't processed it yet.

Will be ordering the commuter series from amazon for a steal ! the prices are pretty good.

I just bought an Impact series, and I have no complaints. Mind you, I wouldn't purposely drop it to test, but for me, it's not a big deal. It was a mere 11 dollars on amazon, so pretty good bang for my buck methinks! I moved up from a barely there (all I cared about at the time was protecting the back and the camera). I dropped my keys on my phone twice -- not a big deal I thought, since I have an invisible Shield -- not true, lol. The keys scratched both the side of the evo that is exposed as well a the case. Anyways I digress...this case provides full protection, and I really can't find anything bad about it. I take care not to put myself in situations where I could drop my phone, so shock resistance has never really been an issue. This is just me though. If you have more requirements, then perhaps it would be wise to get something better.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
I just bought an Impact series, and I have no complaints. Mind you, I wouldn't purposely drop it to test, but for me, it's not a big deal. It was a mere 11 dollars on amazon, so pretty good bang for my buck methinks! I moved up from a barely there (all I cared about at the time was protecting the back and the camera). I dropped my keys on my phone twice -- not a big deal I thought, since I have an invisible Shield -- not true, lol. The keys scratched both the side of the evo that is exposed as well a the case. Anyways I digress...this case provides full protection, and I really can't find anything bad about it. I take care not to put myself in situations where I could drop my phone, so shock resistance has never really been an issue. This is just me though. If you have more requirements, then perhaps it would be wise to get something better.

Great review, it sounds like the perfect case for you! I am using the Trident Cyclops right now, probably a similar level of protection and am also very happy.

Reactions: JustRuin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Great review, it sounds like the perfect case for you! I am using the Trident Cyclops right now, probably a similar level of protection and am also very happy.