[Q] Pure Kitkat Rom

Search This thread

vacdk

Nov 7, 2014
Hi, im new to this flashing and rom thing.
I have tryed it at its working fine.

But my question is, if its possible to get a pure Kitkat rom to install on the S5 without any modifications ?

vacdk

Nov 7, 2014
Actually I don't know what version vanilla is. I have the S5 with touchwiz I only just want the Android look like a nexus. Don't like the touchwiz design.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Actually I don't know what version vanilla is. I have the S5 with touchwiz I only just want the Android look like a nexus. Don't like the touchwiz design.
Flash CM11 nightlies.

Check download.cyanogenmod.org.

Edit: if you have the G900f, check the klte category.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vacdk

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
Be aware, the cyanogen ROM is a heavily modified ROM based only on kitkat which bares little resemblance to a pure google kit kat rom the likes of what you would find on a nexus device.

Reactions: fffft

vacdk

Nov 7, 2014
When I go to xtrestrolite I can see on the first page, images 4 and 5 that it still have the touchwiz design and color.

I want, when I drag down the notification bar and all the main setting that it look like nexus style.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
When I go to xtrestrolite I can see on the first page, images 4 and 5 that it still have the touchwiz design and color.

I want, when I drag down the notification bar and all the main setting that it look like nexus style.

Use a custom launcher and icon pack to change that ;) I`am using XtreStoLite myself and i can recommend it to anybody, very fluid, fast and lots of usefull features. Or flash a theme from the Apps and Theme thread.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Because I like the specs and phone design by Samsung but not happy with the touchwiz design.

I could by a nexus. But very hard to change specs and phone design.

I think CM11 or any other AOSP/AOKP rom is whats best for you, look in the Unified Development thread and just try out some roms and keep the one you like most.

vacdk

Nov 7, 2014
High maintenance? You seem resistant to making even a minimal effort here. Things that you want generally don't just materialize in front of you because you want them. The XtreStroLite is what you asked for. 99% TW removed and as close to Nexus as you can get without buying a Nexus. Which is probably what you should have done in the first place.

You're quibbling over minor aesthetic issues. And as gee suggested all you have to do is download a theme pack for Nova and the only way you could tell that you weren't holding a Nexus would be the bezel.
/unsubscribed

Dont know what you meen about not doing an affort, ??
I have tryed to install XtreStroLite and others, XtreStroLite, still have the Greenish "control" color and design, installing nova launcher do not change that.!
All im asking if i can make the main design NOT look like touchwiz, do not care about all the samsung apps, i can just hide them..
I do not what it to look like nexus!, i just want to remove the greenish touchwiz design..
CM11 has removed it perfectly, and made it black. But what i what is make it look like google's design greyish. Like nexus?

If i can not ask questing like that in here, then i do not know why the forum is here. :D

Top Liked Posts