Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Search This thread

king718

Jun 20, 2012
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

zaisha

Dec 23, 2014
Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
U will find one folder files open that
They are your downloaded files .........
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
now you can play this files in ur default player ..

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:

I Did So
And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
Please Tell Me What To Do Now

Reactions: allenv

babai93

Feb 5, 2010
Sambalpur
Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php

Reactions: allenv
Dec 29, 2014
how does it work on Wynk?

:)

abhi00007

Jan 9, 2015

Thanks dude, it works :good:

susanta2685

Jul 16, 2013
How to Play songs downloaded from Ganna.com with other app or player?

goto \Android\data\com.gaana there is some file ....................just rename every file with .mp4 then u can run with other app or play computer or any mp4 player. :)

somanshmittal

Jan 24, 2011
New Delhi
Works!!!

I found the songs file on my un rooted One Plus and I can play the numbered songs in Google Play Music.

The question I have is a little different - can Gaana find a way around this in the future? For such a subscription app, is there any way to store the 'downloaded' files somewhere other than local storage so that they're not accessible at all, but can still be played offline (this is a feature you get once you pay for a subscription)?

Please do let me know! Thanks guys!

sherrymehar

Jan 31, 2015
After trying all the solutions in got no success on my unrooted z2. I finally found the songs by using the app total commander. The process remains the same as the more learned friends have posted. Thank you guys. Now only if someone could figure out how to :confused:rename the songs

gargville

Nov 1, 2006
Anyone was able to identify the format Wynk uses for its files. I can see all the files in 'com.bsbportal.music/files'.
The files don't have an extension are either encrypted or in a format playable by the app only.

arunrbhat

Feb 3, 2015
Files are hidden

Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

Hi,
I have successfully got all downloaded song from gaana.com
the location is accurate. jest they are hidden. If you have ES file explorer go to settings -> Display Settings and tick "show hidden files.
and you will get all songs you have downloaded from Gaana APP.
:victory::victory:

midhun24

Jan 1, 2015
Hyderabad
Found files

Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

Hi I found the solution ,

1.download ES File Explorer from play store and install it
2.go to app settings --> click on 'display settings' --> check 'show hidden files' (it'll be unchecked at first)
3.come back to home page of app
4.go to below path
sdcard0(internal storage) --> android --> com.gaana -->files --> .gaana
5. you will see all songs as files with numbers
6. copy all files and paste in sdcard1 (External storage)
7. basically these files will not be opened by walkman (i use sony )
8.we have to rename every file by adding '.mp3' at the end.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Please post the solution. If u find any.

Renaming files with mp3 might work.
if file name is xyz ... you should rename it as xyz.mp3

shubh961

Oct 12, 2011
Can't find downloads with latest version Gaana. I tried both root and internal sd card directory but its no where. I tried to locate it with sorting folders as last modified in es file explorer, but theres absolutely no sign of gaana downloads.

avisnarayan

Apr 27, 2013
Chennai
It's working

Mine is not rooted and just tried with ES explorer. It worked!! Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do This.....

location of gaana app downloaded songs

Hi,
    Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

So wrote a small Java utility program.

https://github.com/PathriK/GaanaExtractor

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You

I Did So
    And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
    Please Tell Me What To Do Now

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
    now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php