Take usb mouse/keyboard to bluetooth. (motorola lapdock related)

Search This thread

gltovar

Feb 28, 2011
with all the coverage the motorola laptop has been getting these days (google: motorola lapdock rikomagic or motorla lapdock raspberry pi )

I got one to toy around with it my self. I'd really like it to work with MHL devices. Thats the moment I found out that MHL's micro usb in is to charge the device and get the HDMI out to work, but doesn't pass though and more usb data though. I imagine the bandwidth is too great.

So as a consolation I thought it would be cool if the lapdock's mouse and keyboard were bluetooth, then i could connect to its display with hdmi, and control the phone with the bluetooth input.

Does anyone know if there is a generic usb device that allows you to connect a USB keyboard and mouse and then transmits though bluetooth? alternatively does any one know of any relevant mods that might help me hack this together?

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
The problem with MHL is that it uses the electrical path from the USB connection.
The problem is not bandwidth, it's wires.

All of the funny things that plug into a micro USB connector just use the same 5 pins that are already there and repurpose them.
This includes "Carkit", which is the analog headset/ handsfree connection or MHL.

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
If you wanted to be really hard-core you could add another micro USB connector to your phone.
You'd have to pick off the USB signals as they come out of the PHY interface and before the main connector multiplexer.

Or you could get the guts out of a trashed BT keyboard and wire it to your Lapdock keyboard.
You wouldn't have to get the layout correct, you could just fix /system/usr/keylayout.

big7dave

Dec 5, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
...Does anyone know if there is a generic usb device that allows you to connect a USB keyboard and mouse and then transmits though bluetooth? alternatively does any one know of any relevant mods that might help me hack this together?

I looked and haven't found one. However, during the search I found the KBtalKing Pro mechanical keyboard that solved my problem (well, when it is officially released next month)--it will allow me to use it as my main desktop keyboard (which should be great to type on due to the use of mechanical keys), and also pairs up to 10 devices via Bluetooth as well as one main USB device (probably the main computer). Looks like I'd be able to type on my Android, iPhone 4, PC or Mac simply by pressing a couple of buttons on the keyboard to switch over.

Probably not the economical USB to BT conversion you were looking for, but it's a solution and then some.:cowboy:

jimloader

May 3, 2008
Bordeaux
Hi,
Did someone try up this handheldsci adapter ?? It looks indeed as the solution to use any input device/combo without using the usb connection (very useful for smartphones).