Be careful using phone upgrade on another line

Search This thread

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
What a calamity of errors. Many my fault.

So I try to activate online and it fails. Doesn't say why.

Call them up and they said seems to be a problem with your SIM Card.

Now keep in mind my seal was broken. But I assume it just let loose in shipping.

I had the HTC One before this phone.

So I go to open the SMALL slot on the right assuming the small one was the SIM Card.

Nothing in there. Well no wonder they can't activate it.

Look in Box and the Card is there with SIM card missing.

Damn someone stole it, I'm thinking.

I asked can I go to store and get one, no. You'll have to send phone back (that I just put an $18.00 glass screen saver on).

So then I try my old SIM Card from HTC One. No it won't fit. So they are gonna send me another.

Hang up.

Then I thought I should see what's behind the Big Slot.

Dam there is the SIM Card. Idiot. Just never expected it to be in such a large slot, especially when HTC One wasn't.

Call Back. Still won't activate.

She says the SIM Card is activated on another line.

It was already tied to my wifes line that I used the upgrade on.

So she released it and all was good.

Just a heads up in case someone else activates on another line. I don't think anyone else on the planet would have made the other mistakes :( Long day.

exSD

Apr 6, 2009
What a calamity of errors. Many my fault.

So I try to activate online and it fails. Doesn't say why.

Call them up and they said seems to be a problem with your SIM Card.

Now keep in mind my seal was broken. But I assume it just let loose in shipping.

I had the HTC One before this phone.

So I go to open the SMALL slot on the right assuming the small one was the SIM Card.

Nothing in there. Well no wonder they can't activate it.

Look in Box and the Card is there with SIM card missing.

Damn someone stole it, I'm thinking.

I asked can I go to store and get one, no. You'll have to send phone back (that I just put an $18.00 glass screen saver on).

So then I try my old SIM Card from HTC One. No it won't fit. So they are gonna send me another.

Hang up.

Then I thought I should see what's behind the Big Slot.

Dam there is the SIM Card. Idiot. Just never expected it to be in such a large slot, especially when HTC One wasn't.

Call Back. Still won't activate.

She says the SIM Card is activated on another line.

It was already tied to my wifes line that I used the upgrade on.

So she released it and all was good.

Just a heads up in case someone else activates on another line. I don't think anyone else on the planet would have made the other mistakes :( Long day.

Are you with Sprint? I wasn't aware they used SIM cards at all.

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
u can use the one from your htc one og but you sure you looked in the right slot and not the sd slot?

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
I used my wife's upgrade to get my m8. I used chat to activate with no problems. Your Sprint representative must of been less skilled :)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I used another line's upgrade. I tried to activate on my account page and it failed. I then turned the phone on and it began auto activating so I shut it off immediately (since that person doesn't live in the same house). I did the Sprint Chat and it took the rep a few minutes but she finally got it activated correctly for me.

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
If you ordered it on her line, then booted it up. It will automatically try and activate on the line it was ordered for. So that was the problem... Should have just contacted them before ever booting it up to get it set to yours first. no biggie.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
If you ordered it on her line, then booted it up. It will automatically try and activate on the line it was ordered for. So that was the problem... Should have just contacted them before ever booting it up to get it set to yours first. no biggie.

I never booted it until after I called them. It was a trivial issue in hindsight. I'm just giving others a heads up.

dsk00185

Jan 6, 2009
New York
The same thing happened to me.
My suggestion speak to someone on chat, they seem to be more knowledgeable.
When i called customer care spent an hour and he was unable to do it.
When I did it in chat an explain what happened 15 minutes later I was up and running.

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I used my wife's upgrade to get my m8. I used chat to activate with no problems. Your Sprint representative must of been less skilled :)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I used another line's upgrade. I tried to activate on my account page and it failed. I then turned the phone on and it began auto activating so I shut it off immediately (since that person doesn't live in the same house). I did the Sprint Chat and it took the rep a few minutes but she finally got it activated correctly for me.

The same thing happened to me.
My suggestion speak to someone on chat, they seem to be more knowledgeable.
When i called customer care spent an hour and he was unable to do it.
When I did it in chat an explain what happened 15 minutes later I was up and running.

I stole my nephew's upgrade and it went very well! (For me) :victory:

All of these!!!!! I did the same thing with both my m8's I ordered. I used my upgrades from 2 other lines...then when the phone came in I tried the online activation (which failed) then just clicked on the chat button and the nice person on the other end had me up and running in no time. :good: