[CM12][5.1.1][Lollerpop][KANG] Manta nightly kangs

Search This thread

atinm

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 16, 2010
Thanks for the update!

I just figured we had an idiot compiling this ROM! :D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

The issue was that the vendor/audience repository hadn't been added to the nightly build machine. You should have it though if you created your own local_manifest.xml. You can look at the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/wiki/Recreate_CM_Release page to see how the nightly build was made and recreate it so you have the correct manifest. Or just leave it to the nightly build machine now. Just recreating the nightlies isn't useful unless you are doing something more to the builds. If you're just using a different kernel, it is easier to just release a kernel directly without the whole system though maybe your goal is to have a new build before some commits are merged etc, in which case just make sure you have the correct manifest before building. And the manifest won't be changing much, so once you have it, it should be good.

Last edited:

makelegs

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
The issue was that the vendor/audience repository hadn't been added to the nightly build machine. You should have it though if you created your own local_manifest.xml. You can look at the http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/wiki/Recreate_CM_Release page to see how the nightly build was made and recreate it so you have the correct manifest. Or just leave it to the nightly build machine now. Just recreating the nightlies isn't useful unless you are doing something more to the builds. If you're just using a different kernel, it is easier to just release a kernel directly without the whole system though maybe your goal is to have a new build before some commits are merged etc, in which case just make sure you have the correct manifest before building. And the manifest won't be changing much, so once you have it, it should be good.

Thanks for the pointers, Atinm.

We build cherry-pick kangs from CM source. I, personally, do it for fun, because I can. I know it bugs the cm team, at times, however we run the cherry-picks that linger in gerrit for months, as the debate occurs regarding the "worthiness" of certain features to be merged. I only use the stock cm kernel, as this is not a "custom ROM." This is exactly what it has been stated to be. Quite frankly...this is a hobby. You may or may not recall having pointed me in the right direction, at times in the past. Your help has been limited, but always appreciated. This is simply another device that I chose to build for a friend.

As it stands, today, this build has serious issues. This probably has to do with a rogue cherry-pick that has caused the system ui crashes. I apologize to any who have been inconvenienced. Rest assured, this will get straightened out, and promptly. I will have my goto tester confirm functionality of the next build prior to uploading it.

Warmest regards,

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006
We build cherry-pick kangs from CM source. I, personally, do it for fun, because I can. I know it bugs the cm team, at times, however we run the cherry-picks that linger in gerrit for months, as the debate occurs regarding the "worthiness" of certain features to be merged.

This is the sole reason I run Euroskank builds on my Gnex, there are always going to be cherry picks that CM will never approve that I find useful (e.g. adjustable navbar height), I expect the same to apply to builds for the N10. I for one appreciate your work, keep it up!

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Update:
I'm kinda surprised, but I think it's lockscreen sliders causing system ui crash. Might be one of those commits that seems to work on phones, but hates tablets. Ran outta time last night...(and wine). Hope to have fixed tonight.

Edit: I shouldn't be surprised. I should have learned to read. Fix coming soon!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

question.com

Jun 26, 2006
providence, RI
www.twitter.com
Just a heads up. Today's build has working sound and no launcher force closing. @Makelegs just had me test it. Settings panel also works. The cm team is still tweaking it. Can't edit how many home screens you have yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: makelegs

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
BACON!

The build he tested is uploading as we speak.

Give it another 10 minutes or so....or just watch twitter

Edit: AND WE'RE LIVE AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

TMFGO45

Dec 23, 2010
The build he tested is uploading as we speak.

Give it another 10 minutes or so....or just watch twitter

Edit: AND WE'RE LIVE AGAIN!!!

I'm trying to figure this out...

So euroskank is responsible for kanging other Roms and cherry picking extras that are liked (who decides what gets picked btw?) and they are released as jellybro etc....whatever you name it for what its kanged from right?

So for jellybro, the only things different from cm are what is listed in the cherry picks section?

And also, how do I even figure out the main features of cm anyway? I can't seem to find them listed out like a lot of the Roms that get posted in the forums do in their OPs....

Can anybody help me out with this? I'm about to flash SOMETHING....ANYTHING at this point, but I'm just trying to figure out which way to go with it.

Thanks in advance. And keep up the good work to everybody that does this stuff. You are the dealers, and I'm just an addict!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Wow this thing is insanely smooth. I usually don't like CM stuff since there are always bugs and other quirkiness, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find this CM based build is so far bugfree and smooth. Installed KT kernal and have no run into issues yet. I dont know if it was my imagination, but it seems less smooth with the custom kernal.

impulse101

Mar 17, 2011
I'm trying to figure this out...

So euroskank is responsible for kanging other Roms and cherry picking extras that are liked (who decides what gets picked btw?) and they are released as jellybro etc....whatever you name it for what its kanged from right?

So for jellybro, the only things different from cm are what is listed in the cherry picks section?

And also, how do I even figure out the main features of cm anyway? I can't seem to find them listed out like a lot of the Roms that get posted in the forums do in their OPs....

Can anybody help me out with this? I'm about to flash SOMETHING....ANYTHING at this point, but I'm just trying to figure out which way to go with it.

Thanks in advance. And keep up the good work to everybody that does this stuff. You are the dealers, and I'm just an addict!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Its in the original post, latest meges to cm source code. CM merges are the features in CM, there is no simple list of what is in. You have to go to that link and look at the features CM has merged and then you can look at cherry picks which are what CM hasnt merged as of yet but Euroskank has merged them. Its usually only a few things

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
ya, cherry picks like "clear all on recent apps" What a brilliant feature yet not merged in to anything official. What gives? Lame....

Then again, I'm not a Dev, I just use their work...so I really can't say sh*t.

One of the reasons I love JellyBro

enico64

Oct 18, 2010
No UI crashes for me. The only issue I found is I can't choose number of homescreens.
Thanks for this very, very smooth build (5500 at the Quadrant Random Number App ;) )

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
No UI crashes for me. The only issue I found is I can't choose number of homescreens.
Thanks for this very, very smooth build (5500 at the Quadrant Random Number App ;) )

I've heard of that home screens issue. I'm still keeping an eye out for launcher commits. I use nova, so even if I had a manta already, I still wouldn't notice it, myself. ;)

enico64

Oct 18, 2010
Wow this thing is insanely smooth. I usually don't like CM stuff since there are always bugs and other quirkiness, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find this CM based build is so far bugfree and smooth. Installed KT kernal and have no run into issues yet. I dont know if it was my imagination, but it seems less smooth with the custom kernal.

I have the same feeling: less smooth with KT kernel (even with OC @1.9Ghz). It's not Jellybro related. Same with all builds I've tested. Certainly we have to wait a little and let the Devs doing their awsome work :good:

crampas

Apr 2, 2012
Berlin

i can confirm this feeling. the stock kernel of CM seems to be a little bit smoother, than the custom kernel.

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011

Its a nexus device hence why anything aosp is pretty much 100% as stable as stock. Now if only Google could fix 4.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Its a nexus device hence why anything aosp is pretty much 100% as stable as stock. Now if only Google could fix 4.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

For me I was never able to run pure CM. There's always something wrong with it. I've lived without GPS on my droidx for a while and since it was nearing the end of its life, I didn't care. Not putting them down or anything, but I think they are supporting waaaaay tooooo many devices. Major props to them for all the hard work that they do though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    skank-logo-lrg.png

donation-thanks shout-out to Nigel :)

This is a self-compiled kang of CM12 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

Special thanks to craigacgomez for his repo

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Lollerpop build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code

cherry.png
    Cherry picks and other modifications
    cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
    Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed
    Just a quick reminder for anyone who may be new to these builds, or perhaps didn't read the whole OP...

New builds are immediately announced on my Twitter. I don't always build every day, and I usually build in the morning. I ran some late builds, last night, though. Commits are being merged faster than I can cherry pick them, right now!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Version update to CM10.2

Be advised.....current and future builds are now cm10.2 (4.3).

Hope you like! :)

:good::good::good:
    Ok, folks.... my cryptic tweet about linaro may have been misinterpreted.

Summary: the rumors of my building this with linaro are greatly exaggerated.....

....as in, it hasn't happened, and likely won't. And it's my fault for being coy when asked if I would "CONSIDER" building with linaro. YES, I considered it....but not for long.

4.3 already uses the 4.7 gcc chain, and the other meaningful stuff was merged into AOSP prior to 4.3. The fact is, we've already essentially got plenty of linaro whether we wanted it or not. I did kind of smile when this build got faster simply by MENTIONING linaro. :)

My apology for not clarifying more immediately. I've been simultaneously busy as hell and dying from a sinus infection for about a week now. bleh! Generally speaking, though, "building with linaro" is a bit gimmicky, and largely considered a waste of time. I don't want anyone to feel misled, though.

Full disclosure: I'm the first to admit that what I KNOW about linaro amounts to a lot less than what I DON'T KNOW about linaro, in general. But I'm pretty sure that if I say the words "linaro........linaro.........linaro........" before I compile, each time....... the ROM runs approximately 8.5% more buttery smooth. Soooo....I'll just continue taking it for the team, and keep on chanting.

:good:

</PSA>

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 4
    Welcome to CM12!!!

Now serving LOLLERPOP!!!