Rescued my hard bricked phone

Search This thread

p24hrsmith

Nov 10, 2007
I wasn't sure where to post this for best way to get message out there.
I was trying to flash the rom on my Galaxy Ace 2 from Jellybean (which makes it slow) back to Gingerbread using Odin 3. I have done this sort of flashing a few times without problem, however this time my PC decided to crash halfway through for some reason I have no idea why its normally very stable.
Anyway result was phone would boot loop and no recover mode available just download mode :crying: and no matter how many times I rerun the flash and even though Odin3 said it had all gone fine it still did the same (note the rom I was using I had used before ok)
In desperation and because phone is not worth a lot I even use Nand Erase All despite everyone shouting DON'T DO IT on here you WILL brick it

BUT I now have it up and running again using a rom from here

hxxp://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8160
Note as I haven't posted more than 10 posts so can't add a proper link so copy and paste this then change hxxp to http

Flashed with Odin in download mode and OMG my phone now works :D and as I have read that many people have phones bricked like this or have been as crazy as me and used Nand Erase All I though I would share this good news. Just to note as well although I'm sure it has no barring on the process as it didn't change what the phone was doing but I left battery out all night before doing this but thought I would mention it just in case.

I used first rom on list being from the UK but (note if you reading this in a few months or years from now it may not be the same one I used)
There is rom for what looks like all Samsung devices in many different languages.

Please note I am not an expert just lucky amature

Hope this helps

Last edited:

p24hrsmith

Nov 10, 2007
Ah just noticed a problem ..lack of memory

Nuts I have just noticed that there is only 2.3GB :crying: of memory in total and there should be 4 Device Memory 1.20GB and 1.1GB USB memory maybe a custom rom will fix this

Last edited:

p24hrsmith

Nov 10, 2007
AnTuTu benchmark test results

I have just run AnTuTu benchmark test and was shocked at results the ROM I used was OS 4.1.2 with a build date of 02.01.2014 so very new

So my original Benchmark results before embarking on this was 4333 now its 8377 I even ran test again because I didn't believe it but its right, this new ROM has doubled the overall performance, If I had known about this ROM before hand I wouldn't have just brought myself a new phone

p24hrsmith

Nov 10, 2007
Ohh so there is a version with only 2.3GB

Nuts I have just noticed that there is only 2.3GB :crying: of memory in total and there should be 4 Device Memory 1.20GB and 1.1GB USB memory maybe a custom rom will fix this

Sooo I learn more some Ace 2's only have 2.3GB of memory but I would have thought if you had 4 you would still have 4 unless it is gained by file compression hence the reason it is so much slower on the benchmark test. I don't know anyone care to enlighten me?