Used to love this phone

Search This thread

speeddevil

Feb 15, 2009
But after updating to 2.3 it has really screwed my phone up. I used the lg updater and did everything the legit way, the night they released it. Now my phone doesn't keep time, I'm lucky if my phone rings once out of every ten phone calls, and I don't get text messages until I turn my phone on and unlock the screen. I don't even get missed call alerts, just a voicemail alert some hours later. I rooted my phone back when I was on 2.2 using super one click I think. Could this be what is messing it up?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

wayno140

Feb 4, 2012
Antwerp Ohio
Not the root causing problem it is ghost calls and I have heard many developers say it is 2.3.5 issue and have heard LG will come out with a fix for it soon but knowing LG I wouldn't hold your breathe

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
Yes the update is to blame. I decided to drop the thrill and move on. Grabbed a htc vividly official ice update and it works great. The face recognition is nice..wont use my thrill as a phone any longer..

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
I am using Thrill Seeker 2.0, and I am not having any of these problems. I had to mess around with some things to free up resources since I have using the SPB Shell 3D Launcher, but after using the AutoKiller I'm all good.

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Ghost calls are indeed a part of V20p (and all gingerbread updates for this phone as far as I can tell). Nothing to do with root. There's no way to know its happening unless the person who tried to call you chews your ear off later on about not answering your phone or calling back (my wife). Or when you recieve the voicemail to the call you never got.

Now if only the ghost calls would limit themselves to telemarketers...sigh

Seriously though, if the person calling doesn't make it known they tried to call you then you'll likely never know it even happened. This is something they need to fix ASAP and I would suggest flooding their emails and forums demanding a fix. I know I am.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

-Puck-

Nov 29, 2011
No ghost calls on Thrill Seeker 2.0 on my V20P thrill.

Did you verify APNs and try a factory reset? Whats your signal db look like?

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
I can confirm that while I have not experienced any ghost calls my phone's clock was 20 minutes behind today when I was in class. Thank goodness I didn't rely on that time when going to school today.

speeddevil

Feb 15, 2009
I called at&t today to see what they had to say. They told me that this is the first time he is hearing about this problem, and they want me to try a factory reset first. So I guess I will try that.

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
That's the thing about ghost calls, you really DONT know that you're not getting them.

For example, if somebody calls you and doesn't leave a voicemail, you will never know it even happened. To the person calling you the phone rings like normal and goes to voicemail just as it should. But on your end the call never makes it to your phone and you are oblivious to what's going on.

I didn't think it was happening to me either until somebody actually brought it to my attention they had just called me.

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
I started getting worried about the ghost calling issue and so I just got off the phone with AT&T. After explaining my problem the customer service person talked to their business center, tech services, and she even called LG for me. After everyone acknowledged the ghost calls as a problem but also had no solution for it... she eventually waved an upgrade fee, waved the phone fee, and is sending me a new, not refurbished, Samsung Galaxy SII for FREE... and I think I even get to keep my Thrill...

Goodluck trying to get that deal again... but I'm excited and can't wait to get my SGSII on Monday.

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I started getting worried about the ghost calling issue and so I just got off the phone with AT&T. After explaining my problem the customer service person talked to their business center, tech services, and she even called LG for me. After everyone acknowledged the ghost calls as a problem but also had no solution for it... she eventually waved an upgrade fee, waved the phone fee, and is sending me a new, not refurbished, Samsung Galaxy SII for FREE... and I think I even get to keep my Thrill...

Goodluck trying to get that deal again... but I'm excited and can't wait to get my SGSII on Monday.

Couldn't hurt to try. A free phone would be nice!

gniblack

Oct 6, 2011
How long have you had your Thrill 4G? What did you have to say exactly? I looked over the specs of the Samsung GALAXY S II. It looks pretty nice actually.

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
I have had my Thrill since January. I simply asked if there was some information about the ghost call issues that started happening after the recent Gingerbread update. I explained that I had done some research and found out that it was a problem for many people, not just my individual phone. I went into the baseband issue and demonstrated that I knew what I was talking about. She then contacted support, tech, and even LG. After 45 minutes everyone recognized that the Thrill has issues but there aren't any good solutions at the moment. LG claims that they have not had many complaints about the Gingerbread update yet, so we need to fill their inboxes/forums with complaints.

So this is actually my business line and I am on a small business plan with AT&T so I explained how ghost calls just aren't acceptable. She totally agreed with me (I'm telling you I got lucky to get this customer service person). She talked with her manager about giving me an early early upgrade exemption. He approved it. I think waffled on the price... so she offered it to me completely free of charge. BAM. At first she did offer it at the normal $99 upgrade cost plus $18 activation fee...

wastingoctober

Sep 29, 2009
Has anyone else successfully swapped their phones?

I'm getting host calls and delayed texts no matter which gingerbread baseband I flash. If I could swap this for a galaxy SII, I would in a heartbeat.

twinAnj

Mar 15, 2012
Dang that's cool they hooked you up like that! I haven't had any problems at all on stock gingerbread or with roms. A GSII would be sweet but I love this phone and enjoy the 3d way more than I thought I would.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XD

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
I read on the SGSII forums that ATT has decided to discontinue the SGS i777 in favor of the skyrocket. The funny thing is most people say the i777 gets better benchmarks and is still a better phone but whatever. The great thing is I get to keep BOTH phones. I'm very new to deving but will try my hand at porting some SGSII Roms to our thrill when I get some time.

sent from my AOKP'd SGSII

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
I read on the SGSII forums that ATT has decided to discontinue the SGS i777 in favor of the skyrocket. The funny thing is most people say the i777 gets better benchmarks and is still a better phone but whatever. The great thing is I get to keep BOTH phones. I'm very new to deving but will try my hand at porting some SGSII Roms to our thrill when I get some time.

sent from my AOKP'd SGSII

So now you won't be eligible for an upgrade for another two years?

Looks like they're just trying to clear out some inventory before the next wave of new phones hit.

Sent from my CM7 Thrill