xt720 reboot problem

Search This thread

Rob3dbeck

Oct 5, 2012
Hi, Have you tried Manual reset to clear the data/factory this sorted my install of Cm7 the other day when it boot looped.

To Manually Reset

If there are significant problems with your device or you are not able to follow the steps above please use the following process to manually reset the phone:

Turn off phone
Press Power key + Camera Key + GalleryKey to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen
When the Triangle/Exclamation point screen appears, press Volume Up + Gallery Key down and tap the camera key to show the recovery menu.
When the recovery window appears, use the volume up/down keys to navigate the menu and the camera key to enter your selection.
Select Wipe data/factory reset
Select Reboot Phone

pables123

i used volume down + camera button and power on to get to bootloader. is there a way to boot my phone from bootloader to open recovery using adb set up? if so, can u link me the application i will use. ive been so eager to fix my phone its been 3 month since it broke. any suggestion for fixing it? thnx in advance

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Which sbf are you using?

I think it's possible to create a synthetic sbf that wipes /data and /cache, must many of them should already do that. There's always a risk that the reboot is caused by something else father than lack of wipe. IIRC this usually happen after boot animation.

Anyway, I'm wondering if you're trying to flash the modsbf--that will never boot after sbf.

Last edited:

pables123

i used us brightpoint and all other sbf but still it keeps rebooting after m logo.wont go through bootanimation.i havent tried to flash modsbf. mioze wer can i get the synthetic sbf that wipes all? if ever it exist can u link me the sbf?

thnx in advance

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
i used us brightpoint and all other sbf but still it keeps rebooting after m logo.wont go through bootanimation.i havent tried to flash modsbf. mioze wer can i get the synthetic sbf that wipes all? if ever it exist can u link me the sbf?

thnx in advance

The brightpoint is already a full flash that should wipe /data and /cache (it contains empty /data and /cache). Some of the Korean ones are service flashes that don't wipe data which is why I asked. (Don't bother with modsbf--you must have working stock recovery for that to work) The idea would be to use sbf-depacker to create a sbf that only has data.img and cache.img taken from eg the brightpoint, but I don't think that will help here since brightpoint doesn't work... :( I assume you've tried flashing and booting with the sdcard and sim removed?

pables123

The brightpoint is already a full flash that should wipe /data and /cache (it contains empty /data and /cache). Some of the Korean ones are service flashes that don't wipe data which is why I asked. (Don't bother with modsbf--you must have working stock recovery for that to work) The idea would be to use sbf-depacker to create a sbf that only has data.img and cache.img taken from eg the brightpoint, but I don't think that will help here since brightpoint doesn't work... I assume you've tried flashing and booting with the sdcard and sim removed?

i already did it. i wonder what causes it to reboot? it started when i charged the phone overnight then wen i woke up it was stuck in bootanimation overnight.i tried to fixed it later that day but it keeps rebooting everything i flash any fresh sbf. any suggestion how to fix it since my volume up is broken?
thnx