[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

promega

Dec 26, 2007
GV question

Use Google Voice :) GV integration with Sprint is terrific. It keeps all my texts "backed up" in a sense as well, whenever I need to do a wipe and fresh install of another ROM (not that I will ever replace Slim Bean, it's just too good and things just work :good:). Anyway, GV makes it a breeze to search through texts using GV online as well.

So does GV do voicemail to text, or was that what you were just talking about :p >?

I loooove voice mail to text!~ bye bye nagging tones.

RTWright

Dec 13, 2010
Fort Worth
this would be one of the best ROMS but the fact such simple things are non existent, ruins it for me.

Cant reboot into recovery from the power button

Cant change governors

I can only add 1 widget to each screen, it tells me theres not enough room on the screen when there is more than enough

Others have already covered this, but I've been using this ROM for a long while and never had any of these issues. It's in the settings just like they said, I have several widgets across multiple screens. I can change a lot of the Performance settings, though I've chosen not to muck with them personally as my GSIII is working fine without it.

The Recovery thing has been this way on several ROM's out there that I've tried, you have to go in and activate it just like stated by using the Build Number clicking to open it. Dev options were hidden a while back to prevent novice users from messing up their phones.

Also depending on your launcher, make sure you know what your Grid Layout is, that helps in being able to add more widgets as well. Resizing some might even go further in making room. Lots of options in that department! I use Nova Launcher Prime ( As I also have TSF Shell and Apex ) and I can put as many widgets as I can make room for on any screen.

Have fun! :)

Reactions: cordell12

shekinahsmoke

got that phone freeze after a call error.. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH nasty!

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Did 2.5 build fixed phone call drop and freeze issue. Didn't see it listed in the changelog.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

yes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

uggghhh naahhhh bruuuuuhhhh ... just got that beast... :silly:

smartguy10

Jan 13, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 22] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 2.5]

If build 2.5 fixed phone freeze issue then not sure why you are having that issue

Reactions: shekinahsmoke

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX

Dumb question.. maybe i'm just missing it.. but how come our device does not have a performance section under A.S.S?

Open settings and select About Phone. Then at the bottom of that screen click the Build Number 7 times or so. Back out into settings and your Performance setting will be there. Its hidden like the Developer Tools.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

vpatel91

Oct 2, 2009
Anyone else experiencing grainy photos? I have the settings in camera set to 8mp, but the file sizes, dimensions, and overall quality of the pictures I take are much smaller than my other galaxy s3 which is running another rom.

tokyostomp

Dec 3, 2011
Anyone else experiencing grainy photos? I have the settings in camera set to 8mp, but the file sizes, dimensions, and overall quality of the pictures I take are much smaller than my other galaxy s3 which is running another rom.

i'd like to know if we an switch out the camera app for the standard one with no shutter sound. currently the UI looks better but i prefer the stock camera...with no shutter sound.

tw camera would be awesome and make this rom perfect for me

i'm scared to flash the apk as i don't want two cameras

Last edited:

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco

i'd like to know if we an switch out the camera app for the standard one with no shutter sound. currently the UI looks better but i prefer the stock camera...with no shutter sound.

tw camera would be awesome and make this rom perfect for me

i'm scared to flash the apk as i don't want two cameras

Ya, what happens if we push the TW Camera to this ROM

RTWright

Dec 13, 2010
Fort Worth

Funny how I come here and read this, this morning. I was poking around with my phone's camera last night, then noticed it's quality is NOT even CLOSE to what it was when it was stock. I've tried several different camera apps too, to no avail, the images are not sharp, loss of detail, blurred even around the sharpest of edges photographed and even close up. At first I thought it may have been settings, so I went through them with a fine tooth comb ( I'm a professional Photographer, I do product shoots for companies so I know what I'm doing with a camera and what to look for, just a little background fyi ) and still the same lackluster results.

I don't normally use me camera on the phone that often as I have a DSLR, but occasionally it's fun to play with. But the quality is definitely gone from where it was when I had the stock camera..... :(

Last edited:

tokyostomp

Dec 3, 2011
this is probably a dumb question but how do i take screenshots

edit

i found the answer it is power + vol down

Last edited:

shekinahsmoke

Signed! :good:

Any chance at updated Slim gapps soon? Gmail was updated to add "delete" in the notification drop down (along with archive / reply), which is a huge feature for me as I trash most messages. If you try to update from Market, it fails. Of course, I can always wait, just an honest question :)

I deleted it via slimcenter rebooted and downloaded the new one

sent from the galaxy via tapping and talking

Reactions: nimaim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    How To Install SlimBean
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
    Please visit [here] for the source code.
    The feeling entitlement that some have is what ruins this whole thing called Android. Nothing discourages anyone more than some ass-hat posting some off the wall crap about what s/he wants, and wants it now. I had a guy tell me that I should manage my time more efficiently, rather than post in threads I should use that time to build Nightlies so he can keep up with CM Nightlies on Slim, WTF?

Anyway, maybe this will help lift some spirits, http://d-h.st/V9m <--- Linaro built kernel inside :silly:
    Got a PM the other day, I have been approved for RD status, go me! LOL

Thanks for all the help/feedback/testing, I couldnt do it without you guys!

For those who are curious about the 3.4 kernel, build4 will be the 3.4 kernel, it is now stable enough to put out in a build. the reason I stayed with the 3.0 is at the time of build3 release there were major issues with "freezes" on the 3.4 kernel. These are all gone now, and the phone call freeze, I haven't gotten one on 3.4 BUT, on the 3.0 kernel I have only gotten this once, so...