UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 for Intl Optimus G (E975)

Search This thread

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Hi everyone, at popular demand, here is the CM10.1 rom for E975.

What is working

Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamLGOG

Using google URL short link because our organization name is not a safe word. Not to say that I didn't choose the name.

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom. I will post a first rom soon, it will be really early alpha tho and bug reporting is welcome to make a good list of things to fix. Any help is also welcome.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KERNEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Shelnutt2

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
codeworkx
IOMonster
sk8erwitskil
faux123
dvhexer
Cyanogenmod Team
and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working

Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

(If a rom is labelled notouch or donotflash, i recommand you to not flash it.)

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem

Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

1. Download file in the download section.
  2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
  3. Reboot into recovery.
  4. Flash CM rom.
  5. Flash Gapps package.
  6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
  7. reboot into system

Last edited:

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Will test it when ill be home.
10pm by korean time.

Hope everything works!
Andd thank you!

By the way is there any chances u can add support of korean dmb?
Cause both koreas is about nuke/bomb each other, so dmb is some kind of emergency notification radio.

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Thanks Chad, will download now and test it. Have been waiting for this.will provide feedback as soon as possible.

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Just installed it, everything works but i got no signal on F180K.
Also it says E973

Any suggestions?

P.S. Is there any easy way to restore the modem?
Cause flashing E975.kdz -> F180K.kdz with all data lost is kinda annoying.

P.S. Flashed F180K modem and restored EFS via Freegee. Still no signal whyyyyy :(

Last edited:

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Just installed it, everything works but i got no signal on F180K.
Also it says E973

Any suggestions?

P.S. Is there any easy way to restore the modem?
Cause flashing E975.kdz -> F180K.kdz with all data lost is kinda annoying.

P.S. Flashed F180K modem and restored EFS via Freegee. Still no signal whyyyyy :(

Camera also working....??

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
The camera works but as 8mpx

Also CM looks absolutely different from the stock.
Its not just a theme, but color temperature is either different. Looks not bad but really confusing.
-----
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY GOT SIGNAL WORKING on F180K!!!!!
Big thanks to aleksei74.

What i did:
1)Edited build.prop
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=8
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=8
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM

2)Factory reset. Actually that was what he adviced, and that didnt work lol.
3)So i moved to mobile network settings, changed the subscription from NV to RUIM/SIM
4)Reset
5)Profit

P.S. Im very happy today!

Last edited:
Reactions: benseoul

NickereN2O

Mar 21, 2013
Aalborg
wow! I know what I will do this weekend!
Root and flash to CM 10.1 on my E975!! Cant thank you guys enough :highfive:

I loved the CM for E973 and I really hate to use the stock ROM at the time.. it so ugly, buggy, slower and uses way more battery (of my experince)

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Nevermind, solved

By ghe way i believe there a bug with main camera, the scenery options doesnt work, and seems like instead of auto its set as a lamp or something like that. And u cant change it lol

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Actually,they are on the right track.default camera app shows 8mpx camera,but lgcamerapro shows 12mpx.
I guess chad will crack this nut soon and we'll have normal camera.
Ps,photosphere works like a charm.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

NickereN2O

Mar 21, 2013
Aalborg
Actually,they are on the right track.default camera app shows 8mpx camera,but lgcamerapro shows 12mpx.
I guess chad will crack this nut soon and we'll have normal camera.
Ps,photosphere works like a charm.

I actually use the W6MP, i want widescreen photos - is that an option here?

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
@tim, on galaxy note it took alot of time to improve the camera.when 4.2.2 first hit the note, the camera was crappy.and samsung has alot of support from CM.Now,with lg, not so sure,there aren't many devs,so it will take time.Better fix the kernel and we can use 3rd party apps to take photos and videos.
@nick, yes, with lgcamera pro you can take widescreen photos.Besides,it has alot of features.you can try the free version before buy it.
@chad,if you ever need a guinea pig to test things, let me know :).

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Chad,like i said,great job and thanks.
Some issues though:
1.dialer error,when i'm initiating a call,i get "call ended" message and the dialer exits almost instantly,but the call continues and it's shown on statusbar after 2-3 seconds.
2.when i open stock dialer,i get a fc on contacts.if i open contacts from app drawer,i don't have option to initiate call.
Btw,this happens with any dialer from playstore.
This is it for now,will report later.

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
?? No issues with calls at all for me.

Calls - works fine
Sms - works fine
Internet - works fine
Camera - limited to 8mpx, has problems with scenery/white balance
Sound - works fine
Just checked contacts, also works fine

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, at popular demand, here is the CM10.1 rom for E975.

What is working

Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamLGOG

Using google URL short link because our organization name is not a safe word. Not to say that I didn't choose the name.

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom. I will post a first rom soon, it will be really early alpha tho and bug reporting is welcome to make a good list of things to fix. Any help is also welcome.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KERNEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Shelnutt2

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

(If a rom is labelled notouch or donotflash, i recommand you to not flash it.)

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    @chadouming, project stopped? because there are no nightlies since the 23 of july.

No it is not stopped, i'm just trying to get that damn CM10.2 to boot.
    Asked by skdubg but i thought it would be good to share with you. Same rom, built with GCC 4.7 instead of 4.6

http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/gcc47/cm-10.1-20130429-UNOFFICIAL-geehrc_intl.zip