[WM6.1/WM6.5.x]«HERMANN» | RELEASED ROMs: WM6.1 v3.0, WM6.5.0 v3.2

Search This thread

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Well, this post will be the memorial post :angel:

Attached is the final look at my Treo. The phone was flashed well over 100 times, I have flashed every known Treo750 ROM onto it including ROMs created by Chinese folks, and my primary use of the phone was for internet. My ROMs were designed for a usable experience when browsing with various browser software (Opera Mobile 10 is usable only with the NinjaDuck beta), and I really used it to the max, going so far as using IRC and the most daring thing I ever did on my phone: running torrents as high as 500mb using Winmobile Torrent :cowboy:

The final damage is:

-3 broken keyboards (one of them is not in the picture because I don't know where I threw it :silly:)
-Vibrate motor died, and was replaced.
-Earpiece speaker suddenly died, and I had to replace it with one from a different phone :cyclops:
-Damaged radio antenna (inside, when I tried to make reception better and instead cut reception in half, still works!)
-Broken stylus (It broke in half after so much use, I glued it several times :crying:)
-More than 3 different batteries hacked into the Palm battery unit (what you see is one of them)
-Notice the keys on the Treo, around it looks dirty. Well, in this high humidity in Asia, the rubberized coating on the Treo is melting and now almost the entire phone is a little sticky! :(

Despite all that damage, the phone is still works! A true testament of old manufacturing methods, and the durability of Palm Treo's :victory:

As for what phone I will be cooking for next, I have no plans at the moment, but I might go through with helping others for booting Android with Windows Mobile. I'll still use WM, because it just works ;)

thanks again, everyone!

Attachments

• P0001_071012th.jpg
    P0001_071012th.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: DroidFreak32

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hermannseries.png
    I must stress that your phone must be HARDSPL'ed in order to flash my ROMs. Also, read this post for updated flashing instructions.

THIS ROM IS ENGLISH WWE ONLY and don't forget to backup your various info (contacts, documents, etc). Users of Palm Messaging can backup their SMS messages by looking for "PalmMsgV001" in the windows folder. Unfortunately, reading this file can only be done with Palm Messaging, so copy/paste anything of importance before flashing.

Special note: Bluetooth file sharing now works GUARANTEED in all 2.5 and up ROMs, and remember that the "receive all beams" option in the Infrared settings is on by default, if you don't use Bluetooth don't forget to turn this off.

V3.2 Hermann Classic

HermannClassic.jpg

Version 3.0 updates:
    -Please refer to this post regarding changes.
    -The stuff you know from Version 2.5 is still in, but with complete bug fixes.
    -No more "BASE" or "Full" ROMs.
    -Storage is low because ROM is XPR compressed for AltKeys.
    -ROM is designed to work with toxic's Android UI packs (Not fully tested)
    -Symbols SIP added in case Alt Keys does not work. This can be accessed via the "up" arrow beside the SIP keyboard icon when the SIP is active.
    Version 3.1 update:
    -Sped up image processing on the device.
    --This boost in image processing brings a significant overall boost to the device's operation, including faster camera image capturing, JPEG viewing, and perhaps a boost to the 2D graphics rendering on the device (over 100 points boost over non-Hermann ROMs in SKTools graphics benchmark), making emulators such as MoonGBA able to play games like Megaman Battle network 95% speed (frameskip 1, no sound due to slow cpu)
    -Fixed fatal Camera launching bug.
    Version 3.2 updates:
    -Hopefully I finally fixed the fatal Camera bug.
    -Fixed missing "USB to PC" setting.
    -Fixed Windows Live, am able to log into my Live account. (Don't forget to check your APN in "Connection" settings)
    -PATCH: Want to enable the Ringer Switch at the top of the Treo to vibrate when you receive a call? Read this post.
    -Themes: Want the rest of the default WM6.5 themes? Click here.
    DOWNLOAD 3.2 ROM (Do not forget to soft reset the device after "Device Customization" finishes!)
    __________________________|
    DOWNLOAD 2.4 ROM
    Version 2.4 features:
    --I gave Fjtor's kitchen a try
    --Start Menu at the top
    --First Treo750 ROM to utilize Bepe's Big Storage
    --As I promised, HTC's 21889 Build is used for Fast Stable use
    --Bluetooth file sharing ready
    --BASE ROM is a bare ROM, great for users who want to install their own stuff
    --Consumer ROM has basic stuff to get you started, such as Marketplace, Windows Live, Ringtones, xTask, and others

V2.3 Hermann Finger

HermannFinger.jpg

2.3 Updates:
    -Fixed ringer notification bug
    DOWNLOAD ROM
    ___________________________|

DOWNLOAD ROM
    ___________________________|

Features:
    --These are primarily experimental ROMs.
    --Start Menu at the bottom.
    --Also cooked using Fjtor's kitchen
    --Also utilizing Big Storage.
    --Build 29007 is used here
    --Bluetooth file sharing ready
    --BASE ROM is a bare ROM, great for users who want to install their own stuff
    --Consumer ROM has basic stuff to get you started, such as Marketplace, Windows Live, Ringtones, xTask, and others

UPDATED PACKAGES February 29 2012:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?57nedd9e7i131fr

Attached to this post is the 4-row Start Menu grid settings unique to the Hermann series of ROMs, so now you too can have more icons onscreen! Instructions are in the .txt files in the archive.

<<<<<<<<<<<---WM6.1 HERMANN--->>>>>>>>>>>

wm61welcomehead.png

The best WM6.1 ROM you will ever see for the Treo :)
    Version 3.0 updates:
    -Please refer to this post regarding changes.
    -The stuff you know from Version 2.5 is still in, but with complete bug fixes.
    -No more TouchFlo because the ROM is already finger-scrolling enabled.
    -XPR compressed
    note: Popup menu font too big? Read this post on how to change it.
    note: Unable to set USB cable settings? Read this post on how to fix it.
    PATCH: Want to enable the Ringer Switch at the top of the Treo to vibrate when you receive a call? Read this post.
    DOWNLOAD 3.0 ROM (Do not forget to soft reset the device after "Device Customization" finishes!)
    An early christmas present for all

ROM's have been uploaded, posts 1, 2, and 3 have been updated. Enjoy, and if you can, donate, if not, hitting the Thanks button is fine I guess.

By the way, did you know that it's possible to have Manual Focus for the Treo's camera? Yes, it does actually work, and I'll show more later! :D

I forgot to add, do post here whatever problems you encounter. With as many WM programs as there are, I of course have no idea if they all work on my builds. I also do not have the Spectec Wifi card, so I don't even know if that will work on my builds. I am interested to know if it works.
    Nice work!!!

--Build 23563 specific MS Office has 2 shortcuts. For some reason it puts OneNote in another MS Office folder. Programs still work though.

Review your office provisioning xml files maybe you are using OneNote from previous build as with new office 2010 onenote is included with the "OFFICE" package.

--Build 21901 specific "Phone" icon in start menu does nothing. A WM6.5 Control Panel redirect issue (does not redirect to Palm setting), Phone settings can be accessed through the today screen Right softkey.

The phonecanvas from Treo 750 is incompatible with WM6.5 phone packages remove the BHO from the registry and delete it's files.
    I managed to get the camera to work using files and not modules (as I prefer using safe and stable releases as the ones coming from the device emulator wich do not contain the %%Modules version of any package) it doesn't seem to be that highly related but I still with the lack of an SD card working.

And about the sip for me it doesn't work with all apps (i.e.: MSO)

Hmm I see. What build/Language are you working on? If it's the Spanish one, then I'll drop my plans for that. I'm really interested in working on a better WM6.5.0 version.

Currently I am using Mietas romhdr.bin as you said before you used and the defaul .VM and .ROM.
    Could you open your .VM with G'Reloc and tell me your values??

I mentioned in the second post, I'm not using anything from Mietas, apparently going by Modules instead of Files, disabling Titanium (although now I know why it doesn't work), and applying the today plugins is what ultimately worked. I checked the files and everything is from Palm's WM6 build.

Now, since I'm rather new to all this, I never used G'reloc, and using it it gave me an error of the missing .VM folder and imageinfo.bin. Obviously, I can't create a .VM folder, so I took one from Nav and put the .VM file I currently use in the folder. this is what it now tells me:

Slot 0: 01FA0000
    Slot 1: 03E00000
    Size of Rom: 83A00000
    Unknown: 00000000
    I see, so it is pulling your location from the cell tower, since in no way does my ROMs initiate an automated data connection to the internet.

A little explanation. In my ROMs I left the Carrier Package that contains the numbered listing of carriers around the world. I believe this helps in things like diffrentiating between available carriers within your country, which one allows roaming, and I believe it also helps in the auto time-zone setting. If your wireless carrier supports Network Time, if enabled, the Treo changes time accordingly to your network and time zone.

My guess is this is where your weather is coming from; I think they call it Location Based Services. But if I am guessing this right, programs like S2U pull data from a server, requiring a data connection. At least, this is what the HD2 did with Sense 2.1 when I had it. How to get S2U to get non-web based info, either needs to be programmed by the developer, or perhaps it can point to a key in the registry.

I'll be honest though, I never tried S2U. I think it's time I do, since it seems to be a long running popular program.