[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE&DEV] TWRP [TF300T/TF201] | DISCONTINUED

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Flashed it via TWRP as usual, when reverting to previous stable put the latest stable zip in cm updater and use that automated install (because could not do it via TWRP)

Same here. Double screen. No working surface.

Hello there and good morning to you,

Thank you for having tested latest TRYOUTS build ! :good:

New one is building and should work as intended because i've just recovered from a data disaster on one of my build boxes and restoration messed my Android sources up a little bit :X

Besides, my sources are now properly restored and i am currently building current weekly (7.4) for TF300T/TF201 AND new TRYOUTS recovery which should go to the STABLE branch... ;good:

Again, sorry for the inconvenience with current TRYOUTS recovery,

My very best and kind regards

Tapatalked from my TF701T

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
New TRYOUT is online !

Good afternoon,

Post #1 is updated for this new build which should work well... :fingers-crossed: (Dev-Host ONLY for the moment; xda downloads tab will be updated later...)

Execution / Installation / Upgrade lis the same as previous TRYOUT build ;)

Does anybody could take screenshots of this build running please ? I would like to update the screenshots section of this project a little bit, thanks !

As usual feel free to post any comment / feedback here...

Nice day to all of you :D

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Good afternoon,

Post #1 is updated for this new build which should work well... :fingers-crossed: (Dev-Host ONLY for the moment; xda downloads tab will be updated later...)

Execution / Installation / Upgrade lis the same as previous TRYOUT build ;)

Does anybody could take screenshots of this build running please ? I would like to update the screenshots section of this project a little bit, thanks !

As usual feel free to post any comment / feedback here...

Nice day to all of you :D

New Tryout dev running fine this time; probably faster than other TWRP builds..
Except: Screenshot function doesn't seem to work. On pressing power +vol up TWRP makes sort of flashing and clicking but there is no /Pictures/screenshot directory on my miniSD. Didn't find screenshots on other locations.

Edit: doesn't work fine! Tryout doesn't recognize Internal storage showing 0 MB. In terminal there is no /storage mounted. Probably TWRP tryout doesn't recognize f2fs partition. Msg: "unable to mount E:/data"

Last edited:
Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
New Tryout dev running fine this time; probably faster than other TWRP builds..
Except: Screenshot function doesn't seem to work. On pressing power +vol up TWRP makes sort of flashing and clicking but there is no /Pictures/screenshot directory on my miniSD. Didn't find screenshots on other locations.

Edit: doesn't work fine! Tryout doesn't recognize Internal storage showing 0 MB. In terminal there is no /storage mounted. Probably TWRP tryout doesn't recognize f2fs partition. Msg: "unable to mount E:/data"

Allright,

You are absolutely correct : current TRYOUTS does not handle F2FS partitons at all -> besides, this is planned ;) You can format any partition to F2FS with it BUT these builds cannot mount them at all ! (kernel side not implemented yet...)

I am not surprised that they are fast because they have been compiled using Official Linaro GCC toolchain 4.7 (kernel) + 4.8 (executables) with O2 optimizations of SlimKAT ! :good: Thank you for confirming it :D

Anyway, since your device's screen blinks shortly while pressing power + vol. up, that means that scrrenshot feature is working BUT it cannot store the screenshot anywhere (mount issue) => default location is microSD AND if not available, it will go to tmp directory OF the running recovery...

My very best greetings

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Allright,

You are absolutely correct : current TRYOUTS does not handle F2FS partitons at all -> besides, this is planned ;) You can format any partition to F2FS with it BUT these builds cannot mount them at all ! (kernel side not implemented yet...)

I am not surprised that they are fast because they have been compiled using Official Linaro GCC toolchain 4.7 (kernel) + 4.8 (executables) with O2 optimizations of SlimKAT ! :good: Thank you for confirming it :D

Anyway, since your device's screen blinks shortly while pressing power + vol. up, that means that scrrenshot feature is working BUT it cannot store the screenshot anywhere (mount issue) => default location is microSD AND if not available, it will go to tmp directory OF the running recovery...

My very best greetings

Keep on going!

... but you render me puzzled: how can you format a partition f2fs if you cannot mount it?

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Keep on going!

... but you render me puzzled: how can you format a partition f2fs if you cannot mount it?

There is a mkfs. f2fs executable embedded into the recovery which can run it (ramdisk) BUT its kernel is not F2FS enabled at all. So 'converting' any filesystem to F2FS works BUT if your partition is already F2FS formatted then mount command will fail and mkfs.f2fs will not even run.

Thanks for your support ;)

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
New TRYOUT build is released !

Good morning,

TRYOUT download link has been updated on post #1 (AndroidFileHost from now on...) => it is compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.7 + 4.8 (it should be very fast...) AND the TWRP fstab file is completely new !

So if you decide to test it or install it then please report back => hoping all partitions will mount properly (theorically any filesystem supported by the recovery [EXTx,FAT,exFAT] can apply to microSD and Dock SD : meaning you should be able to mount your SD cards from inside the recovery, whatever supported filesystem is used with them...) :good:

All the bast

PS : i strongly recommend that you do use the 'fastboot boot...' method [NO INSTALLATION] when playing with TRYOUTS :cowboy: :cool: ;)

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Good morning,

TRYOUT download link has been updated on post #1 (AndroidFileHost from now on...) => it is compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.7 + 4.8 (it should be very fast...) AND the TWRP fstab file is completely new !

So if you decide to test it or install it then please report back => hoping all partitions will mount properly (theorically any filesystem supported by the recovery [EXTx,FAT,exFAT] can apply to microSD and Dock SD : meaning you should be able to mount your SD cards from inside the recovery, whatever supported filesystem is used with them...) :good:

All the bast

PS : i strongly recommend that you do use the 'fastboot boot...' method [NO INSTALLATION] when playing with TRYOUTS :cowboy: :cool: ;)

Fail! Again distorted screen on TWRP tryout. Cannot use!

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Fail! Again distorted screen on TWRP tryout. Cannot use!

Good evening,

What is the kind of the distorsion please... can you describe it please or even better, please take a picture of it and post it here if you can, thank you !

All my apologies for this, i did not make any changes to my TWRP build flags (only a fully rewritten twrp.fstab is the change here...) AND i am a bit confused... maybe the problem is that my TWRP build flags should have been modified in order to follow some changes in TWRP upstream source code...

Anyway, tomorrow i will try to clarify the situation by asking for assistance to @Dees_Troy (TWRP DEV team).

Thank you for your patience,

Please stay tuned !

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Good evening,

What is the kind of the distorsion please... can you describe it please or even better, please take a picture of it and post it here if you can, thank you !

All my apologies for this, i did not make any changes to my TWRP build flags (only a fully rewritten twrp.fstab is the change here...) AND i am a bit confused... maybe the problem is that my TWRP build flags should have been modified in order to follow some changes in TWRP upstream source code...

Anyway, tomorrow i will try to clarify the situation by asking for assistance to @Dees_Troy (TWRP DEV team).

Thank you for your patience,

Please stay tuned !

Good evening

Same as we discussed at post #40 and before. In post #41 you announced a new tryout and there the problem was fixed.
1. There is no startscreen of TEAMWIN, only bluyish-black screen.
2. After seconds there comes the initial screen of TWRP but the buttons are triple size and overlapping. They don't follow touch. The screen is sensitive but presumably on the locations where the buttons correctly are supposed to be.
3. Sreenshot function is not working.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Good evening

Same as we discussed at post #40 and before. In post #41 you announced a new tryout and there the problem was fixed.
1. There is no startscreen of TEAMWIN, only bluyish-black screen.
2. After seconds there comes the initial screen of TWRP but the buttons are triple size and overlapping. They don't follow touch. The screen is sensitive but presumably on the locations where the buttons correctly are supposed to be.
3. Sreenshot function is not working.

Allright, thank you for your detailed description. I think that i will report back to @Dees_Troy today finally.

My best regards

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Good afternoon,

Today i released two TRYOUTS : TRYOUT1 is built with a particular TWRP build flasg and TRYOUT2 is built without it. I am pretty sure that this build flag is involved in recent display issue present in my latest releases. (download links updated in post #1)

Thank you for your cooperation, please boot each recovery without installing it by the procedure described in post #1 and just let me know which one os OK, huge thanks !

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Have a nice day !

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Good afternoon,

Today i released two TRYOUTS : TRYOUT1 is built with a particular TWRP build flasg and TRYOUT2 is built without it. I am pretty sure that this build flag is involved in recent display issue present in my latest releases. (download links updated in post #1)

Thank you for your cooperation, please boot each recovery without installing it by the procedure described in post #1 and just let me know which one os OK, huge thanks !

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Have a nice day !

Chaos reporting back:
TRYOUT1 has broken screen
TRYOUT2 works fine - but: no f2fs support: /data will not be mounted -> no screenshot.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Chaos reporting back:
TRYOUT1 has broken screen
TRYOUT2 works fine - but: no f2fs support: /data will not be mounted -> no screenshot.

Good afternoon and thanks for having tried both : so i have to compile without this TWRP build flag... let it be !

Now, i will setup F2FS because as you might have already guessed, the kernel of this recovery it fully F2FS enabled... i just have to tune the ramdisk for TWRP to be able to mount this filesystem. :victory: cool: :silly:

Anyway, are your sdcards mounting correctly ?! Does the screen blink when try to take a screenshot from recovery ?

Be well

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Good afternoon and thanks for having tried both : so i have to compile without this TWRP build flag... let it be !

Now, i will setup F2FS because as you might have already guessed, the kernel of this recovery it fully F2FS enabled... i just have to tune the ramdisk for TWRP to be able to mount this filesystem. :victory: cool: :silly:

Anyway, are your sdcards mounting correctly ?! Does the screen blink when try to take a screenshot from recovery ?

Be well
Good afternoon.

ext_sd card is mounting, emulated of course not, screenshot blinked. Tried to mount /data manually on tab 'Mount' - no success.
I like the fast loading of your TWRP, GEASS'es loads for almost a minute.
Maybe the buildflag you used was for your tf701; remember you have a better screen resolution than we poor tf201 and tf300t owners.

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
New TRYOUT is currently building !

This time, everything should be fine (including F2FS support [/data ONLY !] and screenshot)... :fingers-crossed: :silly: :good:

BTW, here is the data writing scheme for the screenshot feature :

Implement "take a screenshot" feature * Like in android - press power+volume down, screenshots are saved in /sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots (if /sdcard is mounted) or /tmp

New file will be available for download in a few moments !

@das chaos : Thanks again for your unvaluable assistance ! :good:

EDIT : TRYOUT3 is released, please focus about F2FS feature (available for /data ONLY !); if it is OK, then screenshot feature will work as intended...

Last edited:
Reactions: k-kuchen

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
This time, everything should be fine (including F2FS support [/data ONLY !] and screenshot)... :fingers-crossed: :silly: :good:

BTW, here is the data writing scheme for the screenshot feature :

New file will be available for download in a few moments !

@das chaos : Thanks again for your unvaluable assistance ! :good:

EDIT : TRYOUT3 is released, please focus about F2FS feature (available for /data ONLY !); if it is OK, then screenshot feature will work as intended...

So sorry: TRYOUT3 reports: unable to mount E:/data screenshot is flashing but cannot save (also on /tmp there are no .jpg files).

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
So sorry: TRYOUT3 reports: unable to mount E:/data screenshot is flashing but cannot save (also on /tmp there are no .jpg files).

Allright, in TRYOUT3, i am using a script which modify ramdisk's fstab dynamically in order to have only one recovery file for use with /data as EXT4 or F2FS AND this one fails. I will offer now two versions of next TRYOUT with static fstab, i do know it will work BUT EXT4 version will not handle F2FS over /data at all and reciprocally...

Stay tuned !

EDIT : @das chaos, your /data is F2FS formatted right ?!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for Transformer Pad (compatible with Transformer Prime)
    DISCONTINUED

mnkt.png

Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. TeamWin team started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of their own features. It is a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & omnirom teams (TWRP tree)
    -> CyanogenMod team (ROM, device and kernel trees)
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download any of the flashable .zip file below that you are interested in ;) Unzip it and flash recovery.img to your device using fastboot (your tablet must be in fastboot mode [bootloader menu]).
    => Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file below that you are interested in and flash it from recovery as usual (don't forget to disable .zip signature checking in your current recovery...). From now on (2014-09-01) ALL my .zip files will be signed, so you will be able to flash them with .zip signature checking ON from recovery ! :good: :cowboy: :cool:

DOWNLOADS : <= CUSTOM RECOVERY FLASHABLE AND WITH DOCK SD CARD SUPPORT AS EXTERNAL STORAGE

=> STABLE branch : stable ! Includes all upstream merged commits ! EXT4+F2FS <= PLEASE DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD FROM TEAMWIN WEBSITE ! THANK YOU !
    -> custom TWRP for TF300T (TF201 compatible) [without any device checking] | STABLE ()

=> DEV branch : not as stable as the regular one BUT you can safely flash and use it ;) EXT4+F2FS
    -> custom TWRP for TF300T (TF201 compatible) [without any device checking] | DEV () <= NO FILES IN THIS CATEGORY ATM...

=> TRYOUTS : because i do not have a TF300T anymore, ALL releases will be community tested BEFORE they are flagged as working... :good: (do not worry if you decide to test one out, i will give you a procedure below to test it WITHOUT installing it to your device ;))

PLEASE DO PREFER FILES ABOVE (STABLE & DEV), ATM TRYOUTS ARE STILL THERE AS A FALLBACK ! Thank you !

TESTING OUT A RECOVERY IMAGE WITHOUT INSTALLING IT TO YOUR DEVICE : APPLY ANY CASE :good:

-> unzip any of my zipped recovery images you might be interested in...
    -> in the unzipped directory where there is recovery.img, simply input the following fastboot command :
    Code:
    # fastboot boot recovery.img
    :highfive: :good: (your device must be loaded to its bootloader menu [fastboot enabled on it]; if you are using Linux and have adb/fastboot installed on your computer, then the above shell command works as is (you may have to add 'sudo' before it onto Ubuntu / Debian based distributions; if your are using Windows then document yourself on how send properly a fastboot command to your tablet...) =>
    Code:
    # fastboot -i 0x0B05 boot recovery.img
    SHOULD work...

INFO 1 : If you get a failure when flashing from recovery with regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, please use the corresponding file WITHOUT device checking... thank you ! :good:

INFO 2 : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT ;)

INFO 3 : The 'take a screenshot' from recovery feature is now merged upstream, so both STABLE & DEV branches ship with it ! :good:... Simply press 'volume down' + 'power' hardware keys on your device in order to save a screenshot from recovery to your microSD card (files are saved on it to 'Pictures/Screenshots' directory...)

Happy flashing :D

NOTE : I've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! I use it everyday and still do not have any issue ! Anyway you can feel free to report back ;) Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

PS : Flashing KK ROMs with this recovery is OK (it's its main purpose...), Flashing JB ones has not been tested yet so please report back if anything goes wrong with JB ROMs... Thank you !

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my THANKS button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for TF300T is available as two separate download categories : STABLE & DEV branches ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...

Have fun with it :good:​

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for TF300T/TF201 [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    ne0zone75, lj50036

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: STABLE
    Current Beta Version: DEV

Created 2014-06-04
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    ALL my TWRP for TF300T builds are now updated to v2.7.1.0 !

Hello all,

Today i am releasing TWRP 2.7.1.0 builds for both STABLE and DEV branches. Both download sources links (Dev-Host on post number 1 and xda downloads tab) are now updated :good:

You will find TWRP 2.7.1.0 changelog below (grabbed from official TeamWin website) :

What's new in 2.7.1.0:
    • Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    • Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    • Improvements to USB storage handling
    • Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    • Various other bugfixes and tweaks

Best regards
    New files will be released this weekend :

-> repo synced to latest version (omnirom tree)
    -> dock keyboard will be fixed
    -> files naming will be changed according to @bovirus request which was a very good idea... thanks !

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9195
    New TRYOUT builds are online !

Good morning,

TWRP 2.8.3.0 updates for TF201/TF300T are now available for download from AFH. There are a few things to know about them before flashing... :

-> they are built from omnirom kitkat sources (i never built from those before...) BUT TWRP sources come from the omnirom android-5.0 branch
    -> they are TRYOUT builds : simply report any issue in this thread, thank you !
    -> EXT4 version has full crypto. support
    -> F2FS version does not have any crypto. support
    -> dock hardware keyboard should work...

Huge thanks to @lj50036 ! I added the F2FS functionality for /data to the omnirom kernel for TF201/TF300T by using several commits of his personal github repositories...

=> TWRP 2.8.3.0 EXT4 TRYOUT
    => TWRP 2.8.3.0 F2FS TRYOUT

PS : files are available as flashable ZIPs BUT you can also use the fastboot method described in the opening post of this thread...

NB : if these TRYOUTS are working as they should, they will replace files available in opening post of this thread in about one week, when feedback will be there...

Kind regards
    TWRP 2.8.0.0 for TF300T/TF201 released..., again !

Hi all,

v2.8 from STABLE branch is downloadable again (post #1 is updated) :

-> font size adjusted
    -> no more double /data display
    -> Dock SD card should work

v2.8 from DEV branch will be available for download again in a few moments...

Stay tuned !

PS : As always, feel free to report back whenever you want...

NB : I have kept last known good builds of 2.7 (no TRYOUTS) and if you want me to link them again from post #1..., just let me know !

EDIT : v2.8 from both STABLE & DEV branches are now available for download again !