[GUIDE] Installing CWM, Making Backup and Rooting on Galaxy R I9103

Search This thread

siwy_hct

Dec 9, 2011
Hi,

I installed CWM and and made a backup of the stock-rom. Then I wanted to copy the backup-file to my pc, but i cant find the clockworkmod/backup folder. There is only a clockworkmod folder and that one is empty. Its the same on the pc and in android. The weird thing is, that i can see the folder and the backup-file in CWM. So I can restore in cwm, but I want to make a backup of the backup to my pc.

Who can help?:confused:
the backup should be in /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/

Salu2,
Siwy ;-)
Enviado desde mi mákina usando trakatrá...

Reactions: damage668

damage668

Jan 20, 2011
:( I see the clockworkmod folder in sdcard/external_sd only in CWM, but not in android or on the PC.

Last edited:

caritrasto

Dec 18, 2010
I've got the same error when flashed superuser over new 2.3.5 today. Surprisingly all still worked perfectly - su is installed and superuser app works.
Maybe because I didn't hard reset and I already had my previous firmware rooted.

same here... I've got this error, but when I rebooted, superuser had installed, and works perfect ;)

kastell

May 18, 2010
Hi, congratulations on your post, I have little doubt, I flashed the CWM and now that's the recovery that I have on the phone, but if you need to restore the previous recovery in the subject of the warranty of the phone, as you might do, because would first have to restore the backup of my original rom without root, and that I should do with the CWM, but to make it like the factory would have to restore the original recovery and remove the CWM after having restored the original rom.

You can restore only the original recovery of a stock rom without having to flash the stock rom odin completely through? can be replaced by a recovery of CWM extracted from a stock rom.tar and added this recovery to CWM.tar you posted? or needs to be re-signed in some way to work through ODIN.?

Greetings.

Last edited:

bronz1983

Sep 4, 2010
Dubai
Hi,

I'm rooted my phone with this guide but when I try to overclock it to 1.2GHz with

cpu master free it is still locked to 1.0 Ghz. What I need to do to see more

overclocking options regarding to 1 GHz and above?

I have stock 2.3.4 GB I don't want to update this untill ICS is out.

s4sixty

Apr 22, 2007
Hi,

I'm rooted my phone with this guide but when I try to overclock it to 1.2GHz with

cpu master free it is still locked to 1.0 Ghz. What I need to do to see more

overclocking options regarding to 1 GHz and above?

I have stock 2.3.4 GB I don't want to update this untill ICS is out.

U need to flash 2.3.6 rom and also flash one of the 2 available overclock kernals to be able to overclock ur SGR.

Cheers !

Calleh

Jan 14, 2010
Karlshamn
Installing CWM with Odin does not increase the counter.
Making a backup with CWM does not increase the counter.
Installing superuser with CWM does not increase the counter.
Installing the "ardatdat custom kernel with root+overclock" with CWM does not increase the counter.
Installing a stock rom does not increase the counter.

So it's just when installing an custom rom the counter increases?

M

m.kochan10

So it's just when installing an custom rom the counter increases?

Custom roms, custom kernels... but ONLY if you install them via Odin...dvs. files with .tar / .tar.md5 extensions ;)

Flashing files (.zip) via clockworkmod (recovery) never increases the counter!

Clauds

Nov 29, 2007
Hello,
As far as I understand: if I want to make a full backup of my software I must install CWM - on my phone (like in the firs post of this thread).
If I install this CWM on my phone - this doesn't void my warranty ?

Sorry for noob question ... i'm at the beginning.

s4sixty

Apr 22, 2007
Hello,
As far as I understand: if I want to make a full backup of my software I must install CWM - on my phone (like in the firs post of this thread).
If I install this CWM on my phone - this doesn't void my warranty ?

Sorry for noob question ... i'm at the beginning.

Make sure it is not there when u bring it back to Samsung. :D

M

m.kochan10

All custom roms are based on stock now, so I really don't think it's gonna make any difference. Maybe in a close future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installing CWM, Making a Backup and Rooting on the Galaxy R I9103:

All you need is:
    ODIN
    CWM
    Superuser

Completely Switch off your Galaxy R I9103 (wait for vibration to confirm switch off)
    Switch on in Download mode by pressing Vol Down + Home Button + Power button simultaneously
    You will see a warning for installing custom firmware, just confirm it by pressing Vol Up and enter in download mode.
    Start ODIN software on your PC
    Connect your Galaxy R I9103 to your PC via USB cable
    Now you should see "Added" in ODIN message box, if not please check and install Samsung USB drivers again.
    Click on PDA tab and browse to the ".tar" inside the CWM file
    Don`t change any other option in Odin, make sure Re-Partition is not checked
    Press start button and you will be done within 2 minutes and Odin will show as Pass.
    Now your mobile will reboot automatically
    CWM Recovery is installed.

* NOW MAKE A CWM BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE! *
    Completely Switch off your Galaxy R I9103 (wait for vibration to confirm switch off)
    Switch on in CWM recovery mode by pressing Power button, waiting for "Galaxy R" splash screen, and then pressing Vol Up + Home Button simultaneously
    Make a Backup (Use Vol keys to scroll)

Now its time to root your device by installing Superuser
    Switch on in CWM recovery mode by pressing Power button, waiting for "Galaxy R" splash screen, and then pressing Vol Up + Home Button simultaneously
    Click on to “install zip from SD card” (Use Vol keys to scroll)
    Select Zip from SD card >> select the superuser ZIP file
    After the ZIP is installed, reboot the device by going to main menu
    Now your Samsung Galaxy R I9103 is rooted, without yellow triangle.
    Hello.

Quick question/s

1. Will my download count increase if I make a backup of my current android version?

2. Will my warranty be voided when I install CWM in my GSR? I do not have acess to a USB jig so I can not reset the counter....

Thank you.

Installing CWM with Odin does not increase the counter.
    Making a backup with CWM does not increase the counter.
    Installing superuser with CWM does not increase the counter.
    Installing the "ardatdat custom kernel with root+overclock" with CWM does not increase the counter.
    Installing a stock rom does not increase the counter.
    If you Really appreciate , then HIT THANKS ;p

CWM; https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgwzfy5pt5m99px/cwm.tar

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Flash CWM.TAR from ODIN
    Where have you been before?! :)
    My phone have a yellow triangle on a screen, is there any way to remove that? This is my first android phone and i did not backup and i was complete noob about all this :(
    Yeah thx, it works now :)

I think u must press thanks button buddy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using tapatalk HD