[ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]

Search This thread

Rahulkrishna

Jul 15, 2012
Hai guys actually iam new to world of rooting. I have rooted my phone already with your rooting process. This CWM is seems like same as the root process. What my doubt is as i have already rooted my phone , do i hav to do it again with this Cwm file. And onemore thing. Rom manager saying that i dont have Cwm in my phone . Please tell me what to do

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app

Anticeon

May 20, 2012
Banjarmasin - Kalsel
Hi,

After playing with technoduos firmware and found it is a bit problematic for me, I've tried to flash stock rom on my galaxy y duos. I thought it was the official one, but it seems it was not, because it seem my phone is hard bricked... I cannot go to bootloader or odin mode, it just shows me "white" screen...

Do you think it is possible somehow to unbrick from this stage? If yes, I'm ready to pay reasonable price/donation for the one shipping the solution.

Thanks in advance
L:

Just do a blind flash ... it so hard... the process is same with normal flash but you do it without seing into a screen.

kkarthik10906

Aug 17, 2012
Nope i'm unable root my GT-S6102 device using update.zip. Process ends with with an error "Installation aborted" (looks like unable to unpack - Not sure). My SD card doesn't have any partitions (Primary/Secondary)... FAT32 formatted... Is there anything i'm missing...

Last edited:

lachy.au

Feb 17, 2012
Hong Kong
Maybe try downloading the update.zip again, and flashing again. That worked for me when flashing the y duos pro (different rom).

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

peyman_mob

Aug 26, 2012
if i use this method to root my device.what would happen to my contacts,sms and other stuff? i would loose them or not?

Kundal

Jan 10, 2011
I'm very happy with the temporary CWM. No need to integrate it in kernel or install it permanently.
Unfortunately the current CWM doesn't recognize and backup sd-ext, boot and efs partitions. In advanced mode there are entries for restoring sd-ext and boot but it's not possible to restore a sd-ext backup created with Online Nandroid Backup 5.9 (I didn't test to restore boot.img).
I'd be very glad if one of the developers would care to create a better CWM (instead of dozens of new kernels;).

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
I'm very happy with the temporary CWM. No need to integrate it in kernel or install it permanently.
Unfortunately the current CWM doesn't recognize and backup sd-ext, boot and efs partitions. In advanced mode there are entries for restoring sd-ext and boot but it's not possible to restore a sd-ext backup created with Online Nandroid Backup 5.9 (I didn't test to restore boot.img).

Boot backup works.. I have done..

I'd be very glad if one of the developers would care to create a better CWM (instead of dozens of new kernels;).

Lol! I hope someone can do it too.. May be version 6.*.*.*.?

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: wanky78

Kundal

Jan 10, 2011
Some days ago I read somewhere that some Galaxy Y users uses the CWM 5.2.0.6 for Galaxy Mini. So I downloaded this version and simply edited the file /etc/recovery.fstab to this:

recovery.fstab
Code:
# mount     fstype  device                  [device2]   [fstype2]   [fsoptions]         [fsoptions2]

/boot       bml     boot
/cache      ext4    /dev/block/stl10        NULL        rfs         NULL                check=no
/data       ext4    /dev/block/stl11        NULL        rfs         NULL                check=no
/sdcard     vfat    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/system     ext4    /dev/block/stl9         NULL        rfs         NULL                check=no
/sd-ext     ext4    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
I also tried to add efs and recovery but this didn't work.
I successfully made a backup with this version and restored it. This CWM also creates backups of sd-ext and boot.

Please download and test my new 01_CWM.zip and report if it's also working for you.

Attachments

• 01_CWM.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 491
Last edited:

Kundal

Jan 10, 2011
When restoring the backup there's no log telling you that the recovery partition is restored but I can confirm that this is also working because I destroyed my recovery partition while testing another CWM that includes efs. Fortunately I already backupped my system with this new version so I could restore it.
This seems to be nonsense. I discovered that the recovery.img has a size of 250 MB. This can't be right. To avoid creating a false recovery backup I deleted the line for recovery in recovery.fstab and uploaded the new version in my first post.

Razor2

Jun 18, 2012
new cwm

i found that on another forum
so i posted it quickly
but the link is broken
sorry

press thanks button if i helped you

Last edited:

Kundal

Jan 10, 2011
If u need only backup or restore system/data/cache/boot I try to make other recivery option
Don't know what you mean. No such path on my device. Backup of boot means backup of the kernel (bml7).
The 01_CWM.zip I uploaded is working absolutely fine backing up the kernel and sd-ext additionally to what the old version does.
Please download, try and report if it works for you.

Edit: Lol, I think I understand now. system/data/cache/boot doesn't mean a path but what is backed up/restored. My version backs up and restores system+data+cache+.android_secure+boot+sd-ext.

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Don't know what you mean. No such path on my device. Backup of boot means backup of the kernel (bml7).
The 01_CWM.zip I uploaded is working absolutely fine backing up the kernel and sd-ext additionally to what the old version does.
Please download, try and report if it works for you.

What he meant is.. He can make system, data, cache, boot backup tool.. With aroma i guess...

hit thanks button if it helps! YOU hit if I helped.. I will hit if you helped!
Sent from my GT-S6102

Kundal

Jan 10, 2011
i tested working great only sd-ext not working.........
Thanks for testing!
Would be nice if we could find out why it's working for me but not for you.

Some thoughts what could be different:
- What is your sd-ext partition type? Mine is ext3.
- Do you have a swap partition? Would it be possible that your sd-ext partition is mounted to /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 instead of /dev/block/mmcblk0p2?
- Which app2sd method do you use? I'm using AKURO-DATA2SD which mounts sd-ext to /system/sd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Access For Your GT-S6102*

This update.zip & unroot.zip is prepared by me for GT-S6102 ( GALAXY Y DUOS)

For CWM view 2nd post below

Before proceeding... Backup your data or make a nandroid backup using cwm

Features :
    1. su binary 3.0.3.2
    2. Chainsdd Superuser 3.0.7 (41)
    3. Busybox 1.19.3.
    4. Ssh
    5. Sqlite3

How To :
    1. Download & copy the below attached "update.zip" to the root of your sdcard.
    2. Turn off phone.
    3. Press & hold (Power + Volume Up + Home) keys & release when sgy duos logo appears.
    4. You will be in recovery, select "select update.zip from sdcard".

Remember in recovery touchscreen will not work use volume up down & home keys.

5. Select "update.zip".
    6. Yes
    7. Done

Remove Root Access Of Your GT-S6102*​

1. Uninstall all [Root] apps.
    2. Download "unroot.zip"
    3. Do as directed above..
    4. This time select unroot.zip
    Update:
    Busybox remover Added

Busybox 1.20.0 update !

Click Here

*If having problem, use cwm to flash update.zip & unroot.zip
    Remember i'm not responsible if your phone get bricked during or after rooting !

Caution : Both files are related to each other, If rooted with "update.zip" from here then only use "unroot.zip"
    [CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [Guide]

ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) For Your GT-S6102​

For those who don't know... cwm is the advanced recovery console for your device, using which you can :

1. Nandroid backup & restore.
    2. Flash custom rom & other advanced updater-scripts.
    3. Partition/Format sdcard.
    4. Calibrate battery by wiping battery stats.
    5. And more...

How to:

1. Click here to download CWM for your device (CWM-6102.zip)
    2. Put CWM-6102.zip in your sdcard root
    3. Reboot to recovery using 3 button combo (Home Key+Volume Up Key + Power Key)
    4. Select update from sdcard
    6. Chose the CWM-6102.zip
    .::[UPDATE]Root + Busybox 1.20.0::.

Busybox 1.20.0 update !

If you are happy with 1.19.3 don't use this !

This update package roots your phone + installs Busybox 1.20.0
    No need to install busybox separately later... This is the latest version & full featured.

OK, So what you need to do is :

1. unroot using unroot.zip from OP.
    2. Then flash update.zip from here as described in OP.
    Done !

Make me know if there's any problem !
    OP conditions apply !
    ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) For Your GT-S6102​

For those who don't know... cwm is the advanced recovery console for your device, using which you can :

1. Nandroid backup & restore.
    2. Flash custom rom & other advanced updater-scripts.
    3. Partition/Format sdcard.
    4. Calibrate battery by wiping battery stats.
    5. And more...

How to:
    File Removed for Violation.
    Plz reupload
    Busybox 1.20.2 updated!
    Superuser 3.1.3 updated!

If you are happy with old update.zip don't use this !

This update package roots your phone + installs Busybox 1.20.2
    No need to install busybox separately later... This is the latest version & full featured.

OK, So what you need to do is :

1. unroot using unroot.zip from OP.
    2. Then flash update.zip from here as described in OP.
    Done !

Let me know if there's any problem !
    OP conditions apply !

Millan.sis is busy in studies.. so I released this update here..

If you find problems with rooting...
    let me know in PM or here..

Download link

Sent from the MUST have app! dattebayo!