Galaxy Note II Dual Sim N7102

Search This thread

sebaztian

Jan 8, 2008
If you use normal N7100 cf-root to root N7102. You will have rebooting issue. And once you enter CWM recovery mode. You will see this happen again.
Press the "Vol Up + Power + Home key", when you see the Samsung logo, release the Power button first. then wait a few seconds. You should get into CWM recovery mode successfully.

Good luck.:)

Thanks bro. Will give it a try. So far quite happy with the phone now. Especially when it can finally connect to Google.

cheers

jaypels

Oct 22, 2012
Any idea how to acquire that phone through online sites? I really want/need one as I am always bringing 2 business phones (note1 and e63).. consolidating those two phones into one would be really sweet :laugh:

sebaztian

Jan 8, 2008
Any idea how to acquire that phone through online sites? I really want/need one as I am always bringing 2 business phones (note1 and e63).. consolidating those two phones into one would be really sweet :laugh:

you may need to get someone to buy it for you. Doubt there is any online sites besides Taobao, then again you will still need a chinese bank acct.

Nov 11, 2012

you may need to get someone to buy it for you. Doubt there is any online sites besides Taobao, then again you will still need a chinese bank acct.

Try etotalk.com

http://www.etotalk.com/samsung-gala...ad-core-16ghz-dual-sim-55-1280x720_p3320.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 白い熊

Nov 11, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong but the fact that site shows a Note3 is a bit .... er .. suspicious :D

Actually, some of xda forum member already bought devices from them and they got what they bought (ie not fake chinese device). You can search for HTC Desire V dual SIM GSM, some of the members here bought that device from etotalk (at the time, Desire V only released in china, not yet released in europe).

As for the GN III, if you look at the price, they sell it for $9999.. they use to do that to keep buyers from buying the "non released item".
Just look at the N7102, they put $9,999 price tag because the devices still not "in stock". They will put the real price tag once they got it in stock.

sebaztian

Jan 8, 2008
Actually, some of xda forum member already bought devices from them and they got what they bought (ie not fake chinese device). You can search for HTC Desire V dual SIM GSM, some of the members here bought that device from etotalk (at the time, Desire V only released in china, not yet released in europe).

As for the GN III, if you look at the price, they sell it for $9999.. they use to do that to keep buyers from buying the "non released item".
Just look at the N7102, they put $9,999 price tag because the devices still not "in stock". They will put the real price tag once they got it in stock.

I didn't know there is a black variant of the 7102. Samsung's official website only has white. And as far as I know, not all shops have stock. My friend has to look around before he manage to find one. I guessed the best option for you is to get a trusted friend to purchase it on your behalf.

nmusatov

Dec 3, 2012
Localization

Guys, has anybody tried to use some third-party localization software (like MoreLocale e.t.c.) to get the true list of supported locales, or, may be, to create custom locales ?
Also, has anybody tried to use alternative input ? English interface is not so bad, it's not a problem to deal with, but lack of localization in input is a really crap.

joehsieh99

Oct 31, 2012
Taipei
Guys, has anybody tried to use some third-party localization software (like MoreLocale e.t.c.) to get the true list of supported locales, or, may be, to create custom locales ?
Also, has anybody tried to use alternative input ? English interface is not so bad, it's not a problem to deal with, but lack of localization in input is a really crap.

I've tried MoreLocale 2, but it's useless. You couldn't custom it to another language. It will just display English.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012

Yes yes, my post was meant as a joke ;)

Seriously though, when companies advertise phones that don't exist with "made up" specs its not very professional ... !

Last edited:

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
Can the users who have bought it tell me if the phone is physically identical to the N7100?

I have an extended battery with a special back cover, so wanna know if the dimensions, the battery location and the back cover hinges on both are exactly the same, so that I would be able to use the battery with the N7102.

--
白い熊

sebaztian

Jan 8, 2008
Can the users who have bought it tell me if the phone is physically identical to the N7100?

I have an extended battery with a special back cover, so wanna know if the dimensions, the battery location and the back cover hinges on both are exactly the same, so that I would be able to use the battery with the N7102.

--
白い熊

Yup yup. even the model number on the battery is the same.

unplaced

Jun 16, 2008
It's not true!!! the back cover is not same as Note 2. The back cover has a little bit of a difference does not converge, but you can fix yourself, but it very carefully.

bensonon

Jan 20, 2006
I'm also in the market to buy a dual SIM phone and am quite keen to buy the N7102. I heard however China Android phones have limitations to access Google services like Gmail, Google maps etc. I also heard there is no way to access the Google Play store to download apps. Can anyone verify this? I don't live in China so these limitations will keep me from buying this model. Thanks everyone.

i pretty sure to tell you, you are right!

dim4x4

May 30, 2006
London
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi, guys! I have a big favor to ask! Can any of Chinese-speaking folks help me find stores in Shanghai which sell this phone? The stores are listed on this page: http://www.samsung.com/cn/consumer/...note/galaxy-note/GT-N7102RWDCHN-dealerlocator
Unfortunately, cities are listed in drop down list which Google Translate does not recognize. Could someone help me and point to the page where all Shanghai stores are listed.

Thank you very much! Xie xie!

ps. I have a friend now in Shanghai who can bring me this phone to Moscow in two weeks, but she needs to know the addresses of the stores where she can buy it )

unplaced

Jun 16, 2008
If you come to Shanghai you can buy it in Bai Nao Hui (in Pudong) - it's a big digital supermarket - where many shops sell cell phones, computers, etc.

Reactions: dim4x4

Nov 11, 2012
It's not true!!! the back cover is not same as Note 2. The back cover has a little bit of a difference does not converge, but you can fix yourself, but it very carefully.
Ugh, might not be good. The battery is the same, but is the battery position/location exactly the same?
--
白い熊

If the battery model is the same meaning same size, capacity, connector, etc, it doesn't matter if the battery position in the device is different or the back cover design is different.

by the way, check here for GT-N7102 hands-on (chinese language though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpmq_rIouc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, guys, I have uploaded the LKA stock and customised roms to the following server. It is a personal server, so the files will be available till Jan. 2nd 2013, a small gift for the coming new year. lol.

http://tmp.matteolive.info/N7102/index.html

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

About matching contacts with incoming calls phone number, the issue may come from your CSC feature file (you will find it in /system/csc/feature.xml )

=> Just be sure to make a backup before editing any values.

Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs along with contacts :

Code:
    <!-- Dialer / Logs -->
    <CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>true</CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>

You may have to optionally add this  line too and edit the value ...

<!-- RIL -->
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>8</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

Don't have my N7102 yet to try it out ...

Credit goes to nygmam and kkoolpatz.
    Follow the link for other codes : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35839157

In N7120 feature.xml, the digit is set to 11.

Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

I change it to 7, reboot. I dial a number 12345678 which there is a contact with +86 20 12345678. The contact name do not show up. I change to 8 too, not show up as well. :(
    dude, it may or may not be true but that is some conspiracy stuff.. in china, maybe it will hold true.. but if you bring it outside, you have full authority over it.. i may have misunderstood the whole point of this thread but its purpose is for people to buy this phone from china and use it outside of china..

+1

And it works quite well outside China (well, at least here in Europe) !
    No issues with Google apps : they are running smoothly ! (Gmail, Maps, earth, Drive, ...).

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Any updates please let us know. Thanks. :)

Ok. I received the device : unbranded, no SIMlock.

I'm running a LK8 ROM.

Rooted it, installed Gapps. I'm running the genuine feature.xml file (no editing ...yet):
    Removed bloatware embedded in ROM (with Titanium backup).

Caller ID issues: none for now.
    Works for both SIM chips:
    - Incoming Caller Ids are properly reported in the call logs (international format : + xx xxxxx)
    - Incoming Calls matched to gmail contact info : works. (caller name is displayed when calling)
    - Incoming Calls matched to Exchange contact info : works. (caller name + picture are displayed when calling)

Maps location issue: none
    - worked as expected right out of the box (after root & Gapps :) )
    - No issues at all with Google Navigation (still have to test it with Tomtom).
    - GPS Fix is a bit longer than a regular N7100.

HSPA issue (reported by some members in this thread): none
    - In settings, Sim card manager, you can select either Slot 1 or Slot 2 to run Data service network. Slot 2 is 2G only ! Make sure you select Slot 1 (and the SIM chip supports HSPA). Then you'll get the "H" or "H+".

FYI:
    - OTG cable works => was able to read USB stick or external HDD.
    - Ran CarrierIQ detection (BitDefender & others) : ROM seems to be clean

Issues I have (for now):
    - Contact manager: can't sort using last name : option is not there => will edit feature.xml to fix this.
    - Tried to install Accuweather widget (from N7100 or S3): cannot start or run the widget.
    - FM Radio tuner app is missing (in stock ROM): will re install it.
    - Exynosabuse.apk v1.40 from ChainFire causes camera to stop working (green screen) [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297]. Solution: don't use Exynosabuse for now, or disable it when needed.
    - Wifi EAP SIM method is missing. Cannot authenticate with SIM chip on operator Wifi network.
    - Only English is available. Morelocale2 sees only Chinese, Korean and English. Will work on CSC file editing ...

Appart these small issues it runs quite well (smooth, no lag) :D
    Bro, any chance you can point us to the step by step on resolving this issue ? I have root my phone but somehow I am unable to do what you have managed to do.

Please follow these steps to re-root your N7102.
    1. Download N7108-root.rar to root your N7102. This won't have any problem.No repeatly rebooting issue. Unzip it , then use Odin to flash it. You will have it rooted and CWM installed.

2. Download Google Apps and Service . Use CWM to flash this to your N7102. All your google service will come back.

When you reboot, you will see that android system keeps telling you updagrding.
    Please use RootExplorer file manager to /system/framework/ folder. Delete or rename two files:
    com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar
    com.google.widevine.software.drm.oden

That's all. :)
    I just rooted my N7102, and reinstall back from my GSG3 backups. then removed all the default apps.
    All work fine! Google account, google play, google map....etc.
    Improvements

There was some missing features in the N7102 stock ROM.

Some of these can be reactivated using the feature.xml. (useful features/integration)

I brought the following changes and tested them (only FMRadio and AccuWeather are still not working yet ... but changed something in App section):

The values below are the new ones. The default ones are the opposite (if set to true below, it was false as default).

Reminder: edit these files and values only if you feel comfortable doing it. Not responsible if you crash your device !

Code:
    Very useful: to make the "Name order" menu in Contact settings appear (works): Allows to sort by Last name or first name instead of first name only
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuNameOrder>true</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuNameOrder>

Code:
    To get Google  integration in contacts (works): 
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableMergeWithGoogle>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMergeWithGoogle>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableGoogleMapIntegration>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableGoogleMapIntegration>
    <CscFeature_Contact_DisableGoogleTalk>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableGoogleTalk>

Code:
    To get Google maps integration in calendar events (works): 
    <CscFeature_Calendar_DisableGoogleMapIntegration>false</CscFeature_Calendar_DisableGoogleMapIntegration>

Code:
    To get AccuWeatherinfo (for the widget):
    <CscFeature_Clock_DisableAccWeatherInfo>true</CscFeature_Clock_DisableAccWeatherInfo>
    <CscFeature_Clock_DisableGoogleLocationInfo>true</CscFeature_Clock_DisableGoogleLocationInfo>

Code:
    To get AccuWeatherinfo (for the widget):
    <CscFeature_MiniDiary_DisableAccWeatherInfo>false</CscFeature_MiniDiary_DisableAccWeatherInfo>
    <CscFeature_MiniDiary_DisableGoogleLocationInfo>false</CscFeature_MiniDiary_DisableGoogleLocationInfo>

Code:
    To enable FMRadio: (FMRadio apk doesn't start ... yet )
    <CscFeature_FMRadioRTPlus>true</CscFeature_FMRadioRTPlus>
    <CscFeature_FMRadioSEASetting>true</CscFeature_FMRadioSEASetting>
    <CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableMenuAf>false</CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableMenuAf>
    <CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableMenuRds>false</CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableMenuRds>
    <CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableRTPlusInfo>false</CscFeature_FMRadio_DisableRTPlusInfo>

Code:
    If you want to activate the Google search engine in Browser (some reported this missing feature, had Baidu instead ... should fix the issue) (works):
    <CscFeature_Web_DisableGoogleInBrowserSearchEngine>false</CscFeature_Web_DisableGoogleInBrowserSearchEngine>

Code:
    If you need (GSM) NetworkCB info (works): 
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>
    <CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBLanguage>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBLanguage>

Remember to backup your original file.
    Once changes made, make sure permissions are set as they were.
    Reboot.

Still working on other entries. Will keep you posted.