Search This thread

xslntx

Jan 20, 2010
Mississauga
Reactions: koodiifin

JuninhoCelular

Nov 3, 2009
Hello Guys!!

Thank you so much for all this work. I appreciate so much. I got one milestone, from Brazil, and the speed is awesome.. I was with cm7, but it was too laggy, now it´s running so fast. But, unfortunatelly, I can´t make my cell work on 900 3G frequency, it´s only working on 2100. I tried to install that european frequencies, through openrecovery (apply update option), but it didn´t work. Anyone knows how can I make it work? I tried to come back to cm7, via nandroid, but even then I didn´t get it work on 850 or 900 mhz frequency ( I don´t know exactly..:() I just know that radio works on some frequencies, but not in others. Please help!!! Thank you so much!!!

Edited: Hello again, I´m scared to death that it´s a hardware issue.. Is there any secret code ou configuration that I could do to activate all frequencies? I tried some fixes (zip files) from Brazil, but it stays at same point. No signal for one operator, but working for others. Any lights would be sooo welcome!! Thanks again!!

Last edited:

koodiifin

Oct 19, 2011
BC
this is definitely the fastest rom I've tried on my milestone. It makes it so much more usable as a smartphone. Cm10 is awesome but really not comparable in usuability.

Sent from my Milestone using xda app-developers app

revol5

Aug 19, 2007
Seoul
VPN connection failure

Anybody knows the solution how to connect the vpn with Telus rom?
I've tried to connect the VPN server with various Android series(Froyo, GB, ICS, etc).

But this Telus rom doesn't allow me to connect the VPN server but give me only error message.
Seems this rom doesn't support the VPN.

Can any know this solution?

Maniaccc

Sep 16, 2009
I have just flashed this rom. But after normal boot, milestone is rebooting after 1 or 1/2 hours of normal usage. I downgraded from cm7.2.2. Do i have to change boot or something like that?

koodiifin

Oct 19, 2011
BC
I have just flashed this rom. But after normal boot, milestone is rebooting after 1 or 1/2 hours of normal usage. I downgraded from cm7.2.2. Do i have to change boot or something like that?

Are you still using the 2ndboot recovery?

I downgraded my recovery before I restored this nandroid backup and I had no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Maniaccc

Sep 16, 2009
Are you still using the 2ndboot recovery?

I downgraded my recovery before I restored this nandroid backup and I had no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for your answer. Yes I tried to downgrade via 2ndboot recovery. After downgrade, 2ndboot recovery was not boot. Then i format my sdcard and repartitioned it. Switching back to openrecovery without 2ndboot. Than flashed another eclair rom. Everything are working like a charm now.

I am using "Modded Stock 2.1 - by papadawg & FuFu" now.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-ha...02777-mod-modded-stock-2-1-papadawg-fufu.html

_crAss_

Sep 19, 2009
I can also verify that 2nd boot open recovery is not working with the telus rom. You need to downgrade it and only after you have upgraded to a newer CM to install 2nd boot open recovery again.
I have been using an HTC Mytouch 4G Slide for the last months and given the milestone to my sister with the telus rom. It is very fast and the only problems she faces is that some apps like facebook do not support eclair in their latest versions. Other than that the battery lasts long and everything is super smooth and fast.

crinkdude

Jan 30, 2012
Quebec
Is there any way to reupload this ROM? I know it is old, but I would like to give my old Milestone to my parents, and my current Gingerbread ROM is really slow... Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many annoyances I've found have been removed, including all unnecessary Motorola apps. The Motorola docks have been replaced with Google's standard ones - I find them more useful.

It's based on a hybrid of SHOLS_U2_02.36.0 for central Europe, and SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 for Telus, with North American frequencies enabled. Uses LauncherPro as the default, and only bundled launcher, includes the Dalvik cache hack, and will overclock the CPU to 1100MHz. To some, this may be excessive, but the Cortex A8 is an extremely capable CPU, which, I've found, has absolutely no trouble running at even 1250MHz while being absolutely stable. At 1100MHz, the device remains cool to the touch, aside from when there's heavy 3G activity - something that occurs even at stock speeds. That said, battery life continues to be as good, if not better, than a stock firmware.

The overclock is automatically adjusted based on the load of the CPU. If you rarely do intensive tasks with your device, it will rarely reach its max clock speed. This helps to ensure cool, reliable operation while being completely unnoticeable by the end-user.

If you would like to change, or disable overclocking, you can do so with GOT's OpenRecovery. It will override the default settings.

JIT is NOT installed. If you'd like JIT, it can be installed via OpenRecovery.

What you can expect from V4:
    -Improved battery life
    -Considerably snappier performance all-around
    -More reliable data connection
    -Automatic APN configuration nearly worldwide
    -Unbeatable stability (weeks upon weeks of uptime)
    -A new theme

V4.1 Update:
    -Interactive Governor added (backport by nadlabak)
    -Updated Messaging icon
    -Uses Google DNS for faster host resolves

V5 Changelog:
    -Plenty of performance enhancements
    -Updated Market (thanks antonyfl)
    -Switched to ADW Launcher
    -Other stuff I can't remember.

V5.1 Changelog:
    -Updated maps/adw/facebook
    -Modified Phone.apk (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8120125)
    -Bugfixes
    -Additional scheduler improvements
    -Reduced size

V5.2 Changelog:
    -Fixed setup page glitch

You'll notice the power menu has an entry labeled "Yearly". It's reboot. I'm too lazy to find the reboot string. Yeah, it looks weird, but it works. If you don't like it, just swap out android.policy.jar with one from an earlier version.

Some screenshots:
    lock-1.png
    home-1.png
    storage.png
    setting.png

Additional images can be found here

A video of the boot/shutdown process:

I'd like to thank Jedipottsy for the base theme design. The post can be found here.

When upgrading from version 3.0 or earlier, or coming from a different "rom" entirely, I very strongly suggest you wipe your device prior to flashing. You don't have to, but you wont receive many of the performance gains without doing so.
    Future versions will not necessitate, or recommend, a wipe. Including 4.0 to 4.1.

For those who require 900/1800/2100 frequencies, they can be enabled by applying the update.zip below. Be sure you've already installed the backup before you run the update.zip, however. Further localization, such as keyboard layout, can be accomplished using OpenRecovery.

Big thanks to peterdelara for the mirrors.

The Downloads:
    Telus Lite V5.2 Download
    Telus Lite V5 Download
    Telus Lite V4.1 Download

For Exchange Support:
    Exchange Support Patch

For European Frequencies:
    European Frequency Update.zip
    apps2ext GScript script

Hey everybody!

Finally i got some time to finish this... :D

So, here is script for GScript (Lite) that will enable apps2ext on Telus Lite!!

Do this on your own risk!! I cannot be held responsible if your phone doesnt start after this, or anything else! This is provided without any warranty!!!
    BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE RUNNING THIS!!!!!!

It has two scripts and folder (what to do with it read in step 1). Script named "app2ext.sh" will move /data/app, /data/app-private, /data/dalvik-cache AND /data/data to sdcard! If you don't have fast sdcard, you probably don't want to run this one!.
    Second script is named as "app2ext_nodata.sh", and like name implies, it will move all folder mentioned EXCEPT /data/data.
    In folder, there are modified /system/bin/mot_boot_mode and ext2.ko module. This will only work on TelusLite!!!

Also, if you installed/runned any app2ext before, you need to remove (if exists) /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko, and it's recomended to wipe ext2 partition.

Good luck! ;)

Procedure:

Step 0: BACKUP YOUR PHONE!!!!!!
    Step 1: extract content of attached zip to /sdcard/gscript (i'm not shure about caps, so create folder gscript with all small leters"")
    Step 2: Open GScript (Lite), press Menu key, tap on Add script, tap on Load file, select app2ext.sh, make sure that Needs SU is ENABLED and then tap on Save
    Step 3: Tap on app2ext item in scripts list (main application window)
    Step 4: Ignore some errors, and wait until it says that you need to reboot your device
    Step 5: Cross your fingers and reboot device!!! :D First startup could/will last longer, so be patient!!
    Step 6: Enjoy!!!! :cool:

If you remove sdcard from phone, it will work, but only with apps that were on phone before you executed this script!! :cool:

I tested it on fresh install of TelusLite 5.2, and it's working perfectly. I moved /data/data to sdcard, rebooted, and had 190MB free space on /data, even after I installed Skype!
    Sorry for the late reply. Go ahead but please re-upload the teluslitev52.zip somewhere else, because I won't keep it on my dropbox forever.
    i just reupload the file to some other hosters ;)
    http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/25444017/file.html
    http://www.multiupload.nl/Z66VJ36LII
    Either way, big thanks for what you've done! I'm confident this is the best ROM for the Milestone and I can't think of anything that needs to be fixed. It's complete. Great job :)

Edit: I could use the wallpaper from the first post. TIA

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd165/Difinity21/grey-wood-slant.jpg

No idea who created it, sadly.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's been a lot of fun working with the Milestone.
    If anybody would like to take over, I'll gladly hand over the thread.
    Hey i get the same error here,do you mind to load the sms/mms apk up? I would be very pleased.

Btw i simply love that rom!!! Fast and stable plus the battery remains (at least for me) very very long...from about 10hours with cm7 rc3 to over 20....and i use my mobile as it should be, 2-3 hrs surfing 1-2hrs music and msn almost all the time...

Milestone Tellus lite v5.2 XDA App

Here you go.

Remember permissions. User Read + Write. Group Read. Others Read.