I want to go back to el29 from ICS Fl24...

Search This thread

NewShockerGuy

Dec 17, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I opened up my Samsung Galaxy s2 and it started updating the software from el29 to ICS... I should have stopped but figured I could go back.

So far every link I have found is broken. What is the easiest way to just go back to a el29 rom? I don't care if it's stock or rooted. I just want to be able to put CWM on it and then restore a backup from my SD card that I had taken with my original et4g before it **** the brick....and got destroyed.. Is that even possible to do ? If's the same phone, I just want to restore a backup and restore the image on my new phone which has all the information I wanted/needed..etc. I've been up the last 3 hours trying to get it to work.

And it seems like I have to go to Jelly bean just to install a CWM since I can't find the file for FL24.

First time I rooted my first samsung it seemed like it was cake to root it, and be able to switch back and forth, given this was years ago when it first came out, but I'm just getting overwhelmed at this point and it's upgrading to Jelly bean now via the OTA/wire from Kies. I will root it and then install the CWM via the QBKing77.

Arg, not sure what to do.... I don't want stock F127...lol EL29.

Thanks,
-Nigel

bigmike6200

Mar 19, 2013
Vallejo
I opened up my Samsung Galaxy s2 and it started updating the software from el29 to ICS... I should have stopped but figured I could go back.

So far every link I have found is broken. What is the easiest way to just go back to a el29 rom? I don't care if it's stock or rooted. I just want to be able to put CWM on it and then restore a backup from my SD card that I had taken with my original et4g before it **** the brick....and got destroyed.. Is that even possible to do ? If's the same phone, I just want to restore a backup and restore the image on my new phone which has all the information I wanted/needed..etc. I've been up the last 3 hours trying to get it to work.

And it seems like I have to go to Jelly bean just to install a CWM since I can't find the file for FL24.

First time I rooted my first samsung it seemed like it was cake to root it, and be able to switch back and forth, given this was years ago when it first came out, but I'm just getting overwhelmed at this point and it's upgrading to Jelly bean now via the OTA/wire from Kies. I will root it and then install the CWM via the QBKing77.

Thanks,
-Nigel

Have you tried @rwilco12's repository? If no good PM me and I will upload a copy for you.

Reactions: rwilco12

NewShockerGuy

Dec 17, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I don't know how I did it. But got a recover loaded on the phone then hoped that my previous backups using CWM and restored it after wiping. Now my phone is pretty much like how it was on the new phone.

Since I have the FL modem and it's working on the GB calkulian 3.0. I will now start playing around with Jelly bean Roms.

Wow, I can't believe this took me 5 hours, I feel like an idiot! I think the first time I rooted and changed the rom and loaded a recovery it took 30 mins tops... Feel like i've been out of it too long once I had my origional rom going and liked it. Jelly bean does seems pretty smooth compared to the calkulian that's running now though... so might switch back..lol

Thanks,
-Nigel

NewShockerGuy

Dec 17, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Ok now I'm support confused, hopefully some one can explain this to me. When I had the sprint ota /wire update to jelly bean, it was not rooted... I followed the how to and loaded via Odin the rooted patch for it. I then proceeded to install the recovery but not cwm. Everything was fine I just didn't like how it was. I took my memory card out of my other Samsung galaxy s2 which had many nauseous back upa of calkulians 3.0 room and all my settings. I used the recovery that I just loaded to do a back up of the current state and verified that it was there. I then used the same recovery to restore back to when I was running ginger bread. It worked, and everything is there minus some program files that aren't going to be here because its a new phone. However when I restarted the phone, I no longer have the recovery partition for the NW one with jelly bean, its back to rogue cwm.... And the back up of jelly bean is not listed? I'm confused as how this would happen?

I.e. have the FL modem not el29 which is fine but wondering how this works cause I'm totally at a loss....

Again it works but I thought id be able to switch back and forth is need be, but appears that my current clock work at version 5.x.x.x doesn't. I didn't think restoring would change the recovery software used our partition?

Thanks
Nigel

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Thanks,
-Nigel

Go here. http://rwilco12.com/ He has all the stock roms, kernels, modems etc.

Have you tried @rwilco12's repository? If no good PM me and I will upload a copy for you.

You can find all of the available EL29 builds right here: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.p...axy S2 (Sprint) (SPH-D710)/Stock ROMs/GB/EL29 :D

If you find dead links send me a PM and I can get them corrected.

Thank you and enjoy!

Reactions: Surj138

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    -Nigel

Thanks,
    -Nigel

You can find all of the available EL29 builds right here: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.p...axy S2 (Sprint) (SPH-D710)/Stock ROMs/GB/EL29 :D

If you find dead links send me a PM and I can get them corrected.

Thank you and enjoy!