[Q] [Help] Need owners to review the Grand 2

Search This thread

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Hi All,
I want to buy a grand 2 for my wife. Gone through the phone specs, reviews and prices online. And I found that this is a good phone which can be considered a safe buy phone with decent specs (oppo find 5 mini was good too but its a new phone and cant trust it like I can trust samsung)
I have read couple of user opinions on gsmarena that they are having issues such as heating, 3g not working on both sims, lagging etc etc. So i thought of taking the outputs from the xda fraternity.
Can some of you grand 2 owners tell the pros and cons of this phone if you have used it for long enough?

Thanks in advance for your help.

schubeir

Apr 30, 2011
Mumbai
Hi All,
I want to buy a grand 2 for my wife. Gone through the phone specs, reviews and prices online. And I found that this is a good phone which can be considered a safe buy phone with decent specs (oppo find 5 mini was good too but its a new phone and cant trust it like I can trust samsung)
I have read couple of user opinions on gsmarena that they are having issues such as heating, 3g not working on both sims, lagging etc etc. So i thought of taking the outputs from the xda fraternity.
Can some of you grand 2 owners tell the pros and cons of this phone if you have used it for long enough?

3G can work only in one SIM card and that is by design and not a fault. No noticeable lags unless you have lots of downloads, No heating issues observed. Camera, Music OK, Best of all, Kitkat coming soon. Using it since march.

please click on thanks if you think I helped

schubeir

Reactions: klurosu and banjara

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
Hi All,

Buy a nexus5 which is near the price of grand 2 but grand 2 aint bad. I have this phone and i must say its better as a lady phone. No lags. Battery is very good(improved with an update) and kitkat could be in the doors. People who have lags dont actually know how to use the phone very well, like they dont even know the task manager. Or if they are talking about thr mininal lag of touchwiz then its common on every samsung device that has touchwiz but it doesnt bother that much. And no. There is no heating issue. I even use my phone playing a video with speakers while charging and i get minimal heat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: banjara

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
3G can work only in one SIM card and that is by design and not a fault. No noticeable lags unless you have lots of downloads, No heating issues observed. Camera, Music OK, Best of all, Kitkat coming soon. Using it since march.

schubeir

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Buy a nexus5 which is near the price of grand 2 but grand 2 aint bad. I have this phone and i must say its better as a lady phone. No lags. Battery is very good(improved with an update) and kitkat could be in the doors. People who have lags dont actually know how to use the phone very well, like they dont even know the task manager. Or if they are talking about thr mininal lag of touchwiz then its common on every samsung device that has touchwiz but it doesnt bother that much. And no. There is no heating issue. I even use my phone playing a video with speakers while charging and i get minimal heat

Thanks for providing your inputs.
I would have gone for nexus 5 itself but in India, its 30000+ INR whereas I am getting brand new grand 2 in 18200 INR. There is a huge monetory difference here :)

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City

I would have gone for nexus 5 itself but in India, its 30000+ INR whereas I am getting brand new grand 2 in 18200 INR. There is a huge monetory difference here :)

Damn that much? Go for grand2. Kitkat maybe not that far. Unless samsung screws it up. Moto G is good though and is cheaper..

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Damn that much? Go for grand2. Kitkat maybe not that far. Unless samsung screws it up. Moto G is good though and is cheaper..

Moto G was my first choice. but read few user opinions on gsmarena.com that it is having network issues and people couldnt find proper service for it. Also the warranty replacement was an issue.
So thought of going for a safer bet i.e. grand 2.
However oppo find 5 mini was almost on the same range 20000 INR. But cant trust a phone which hasnt been in market for long time.

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
I never had an issue with my moto g but there are different moto gs out there that isnt well built too. Im lucky i had a good one. Grand2 aint bad as a choice but the lack of custom development is the problem right now unless we get kitkat and some might get working. Anyway its your wifes phone yo grand2 isnt that bad. Its like another note2 without some specific things. I have this with sview cover and its good for women lol

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I never had an issue with my moto g but there are different moto gs out there that isnt well built too. Im lucky i had a good one. Grand2 aint bad as a choice but the lack of custom development is the problem right now unless we get kitkat and some might get working. Anyway its your wifes phone yo grand2 isnt that bad. Its like another note2 without some specific things. I have this with sview cover and its good for women lol

lol. Last i customized my wife's micromax canvas 2 and thanks to the low quality development going on for that phone, it got even more screwed. So if she allows me to touch her phone to make a call, that would be enough :laugh:

Edit: Just checked out the development and original development sections for grand 2. That land is totally barren. :-\

Last edited:

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
Maybe people are waiting for official kitkat then start. I bought this coz it had potential specs but damn. Check out galaxy mini or ace2, development there is like freaking huge. Here.. Its like the s duos (worst phone i had).. But lets see and wait if kitkat arrives.. Ill give samsung till july and if they wont then last samsung ever.

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I own a 2.5 years old s2 and development for it is still going frantically.
My wife was actually happy to hear that there is no development for this phone and I won't tinker with her phone.
Any news about official kk for this one?
N yeah, bought one already. Gotta get the Sims cut to start using it. It's beautiful :thumbup::beer:
Thanks for giving your inputs. They sure helped me in making up my mind for this phone. :thumbup:

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
I own a 2.5 years old s2 and development for it is still going frantically.
My wife was actually happy to hear that there is no development for this phone and I won't tinker with her phone.
Any news about official kk for this one?
N yeah, bought one already. Gotta get the Sims cut to start using it. It's beautiful :thumbup::beer:
Thanks for giving your inputs. They sure helped me in making up my mind for this phone. :thumbup:

Im quite sure we wont getting kitkat this month. There was just an update available recently and its jelly bean. A god damn jelly bean. Im just happy about the leather back and the thinness of the phone and the size. Even if its large i can easily grip my hand on it for calls and text..

Any unofficial kitkat would do for me but official one would be better since i got n5 already and a couple of phones.. I want to spam samsun with our kitkat update now -.-

SomyaTiwari538

Jul 2, 2014
Indore
I Also Want To Buy this phone

Hey This is Somya Tiwari although new to xda but want to know that I should buy or not

with grand 2 I would also like please suggest the best one from these

Grand
Grand 2
Moto G
S4 Mini
Xperia M2
Xperia C

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
Hey This is Somya Tiwari although new to xda but want to know that I should buy or not

with grand 2 I would also like please suggest the best one from these

Grand
Grand 2
Moto G
S4 Mini
Xperia M2
Xperia C

In my opinion, dont get those xperia devices. The design looks bad, and C is sluggishdont know with m2 i dont have it. S4 mini is good but one thing is that its mini. Moto g is a good phone with good battery and specs but isnt as large as grand 2. As for grand dont but it since it looks ugly and old now compared to grand2. Grand2 has good battery life and has a big screen and kitkat is on final stages. In my opinion, ill choose between moto g(price battery and performance but not size since its arnd 4.5/4.6 inch and software updates are good), grand2(big screen battery performance and has 5.3inches and kitkat is on its way(maybelast update) and bad thing is its touchwiz)

SomyaTiwari538

Jul 2, 2014
Indore
In my opinion, dont get those xperia devices. The design looks bad, and C is sluggishdont know with m2 i dont have it. S4 mini is good but one thing is that its mini. Moto g is a good phone with good battery and specs but isnt as large as grand 2. As for grand dont but it since it looks ugly and old now compared to grand2. Grand2 has good battery life and has a big screen and kitkat is on final stages. In my opinion, ill choose between moto g(price battery and performance but not size since its arnd 4.5/4.6 inch and software updates are good), grand2(big screen battery performance and has 5.3inches and kitkat is on its way(maybelast update) and bad thing is its touchwiz)

This is true

I was also thinking that only that moto g and grand 2 should be the one amongst them to buy but I am still in a confussion

Moto G
Pros :-

1) Direct from google getting the update the same or the second day
2) have amoled screen
3) battry life

cons :-
1) it is not available in shops(in india) we have to buy it from flipkart
2) smaller screen size
3)don't like the stock androind icons and all

Grand 2

1) Screen size
2) Ram (not matters due to touchwiz)
3) Expandable Memmory

Cons :-

1) Samsung is very late in updates
2) Touchwiz is very laggy and SG Grand 2 lags I heard from my friends

Can any one tell the estimated price of moto g and grand 2 by November, 2014 currently it is

Moto G :- 13999
Grand 2 :- 20,999

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
This is true

I was also thinking that only that moto g and grand 2 should be the one amongst them to buy but I am still in a confussion

Moto G

2) have amoled screen
3) battry life

2) smaller screen size

Grand 2

1) Screen size
3) Expandable Memmory

Can any one tell the estimated price of moto g and grand 2 by November, 2014 currently it is

Moto g doesnt have amoled.. Moto x has amoled. Id go for grand2. When kitkat releases, people will start working for some custom rom maybe

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
This is true

Moto G

2) have amoled screen
3) battry life

2) smaller screen size

Grand 2

1) Screen size
3) Expandable Memmory

You got the moto g price right. However I bought grand 2 in 18.2k in Bangalore.
My wife is using it for over 2 weeks and it's really good. The only issue I found was with the dual sim setting. Even if internet is set for sim2, a simple call on sim1 will automatically switch the whole thing to sim1 and then you will have to manually switch it to sim2. Apart from this stupid bug, it's absolute beauty. No other bugs and no lags at all.

SomyaTiwari538

Jul 2, 2014
Indore
You got the moto g price right. However I bought grand 2 in 18.2k in Bangalore.
My wife is using it for over 2 weeks and it's really good. The only issue I found was with the dual sim setting. Even if internet is set for sim2, a simple call on sim1 will automatically switch the whole thing to sim1 and then you will have to manually switch it to sim2. Apart from this stupid bug, it's absolute beauty. No other bugs and no lags at all.

My friend is having a shop and he says that it is lagging more then S duos is it right as i loved the phone the style and all even the UI i love but all my friends are saying not to buy grand 2 insted buy Xperia C Moto G Xperia M2 and HTC 600 or 701 so what do you suggest as you are the real user and you have got the phone

my perpous is not to be a hardcore gamer i will use Whatsapp BBM Hike FB Messenger and some cassual games

dlsygaco

Jan 11, 2013
Bais City
My friend is having a shop and he says that it is lagging more then S duos is it right as i loved the phone the style and all even the UI i love but all my friends are saying not to buy grand 2 insted buy Xperia C Moto G Xperia M2 and HTC 600 or 701 so what do you suggest as you are the real user and you have got the phone

my perpous is not to be a hardcore gamer i will use Whatsapp BBM Hike FB Messenger and some cassual games

Smh no man. S duos is the worst phone i had. S duos is on android 4.0/ics and single core. Grand2 is wayyy ahead in specs. It never lags. Kitkat is coming(maybe). It never lags trust me. Got this phone.

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore

I have never seen it lagging. Apart from the bug I mentioned in my previous post I have no complaints with it. It's actually quite awesome for the price I paid for it.

mujtaba93

Oct 14, 2013
Pune
I have been using it for almost 5 months and completely satisfied. There are not noticeable lags, handles any stuff you throw at it. And most importantly, it has awesome battery backup. If I use it only for calling and messaging, than it provides backup of almost 2-3 days which is hard to get these days considering the fact that display uses too much battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

schubeir
    Hi All,

Maybe people are waiting for official kitkat then start. I bought this coz it had potential specs but damn. Check out galaxy mini or ace2, development there is like freaking huge. Here.. Its like the s duos (worst phone i had).. But lets see and wait if kitkat arrives.. Ill give samsung till july and if they wont then last samsung ever.