[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Search This thread

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
Do you have that one from 04.11.2012?
Can you put it again on your Server?

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

akajunior

Nov 1, 2011
middletown
GAPPS-ICS

I tried 4 different ics gapp files on my 10.1 and all gave me the same result.....nothing google worked....no gmail no store no nothing!
reinstalling old gapps now!

by the way i am still running the older GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-020712-maba.zip

Everything works great! No camera, but GPS is good, wifi is good. I love it, I just use my captivate for pics, which also has cm9 ics

Last edited:

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
Okay... reflashed the 04.11.2012 and VPN don't work...

But I used VPN this morning over Wi-Fi with OnLive with the same ROM! VPN over Wi-Fi worked for me really great and stable since 04.03.2012!

Run the KANG from pershoot from 04-03-2012 and VPN (l2tp) works great over Wi-Fi and 3G! Thanks for this! Great ROM!!!

Think the 04.12.2012 changed something to my Tab...

Crazy! :( No Netflix and OnLive without VPN here in Germany.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7500 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Okay... reflashed the 04.11.2012 and VPN don't work...

But I used VPN this morning over Wi-Fi with OnLive with the same ROM! VPN over Wi-Fi worked for me really great and stable since 04.03.2012!

Think the 04.12.2012 changed something to my Tab...

Crazy! :( No Netflix and OnLive without VPN here in Germany.

use 3g.

thats what that thread is all about.

its not reliable nor fully operable over wifi. it is being worked on.

i am not even sure how you were able to get it going when most cant (l2tp).

Reactions: htc-hermes

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
It worked again! Trying pptp and it works but the pptp Servers from my Provider are slow as hell...
After that I tried again to connect with my l2tp (psk) Profile and it connects!

Crazy stuff but now I'm Happy! :)

zafu

Nov 3, 2010
Paris
www.cruisefish.net
external keyboard dock support?

Hi,

with the latest CM9 installed on my P7500 I can't get my samsung keyboard dock to have a french (azerty) layout.

Any idea on how to proceed to change external keyboard language?

Thanks,

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
On build 12-04-12, my tab is again dead and not turning on after being on the charger over night. Dont know if its a one time thing or if the problem is back. Anyone else has this with 12th of april build?

denis costa

Apr 27, 2008
Any idea if mabalito will up date the main post on first page with this rom? Where is the kernel file associated with this rom?

a1qwyx20

Aug 8, 2007
Hi guys, I forgot to install the Gapps, and now i cant access the file structure to put on the zip file to do it....what should I do?

Go to CWM and change some storage option? USB debugging is off and its not showing up in windows?

Thanks

mullemulle86

Jan 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Any idea if mabalito will up date the main post on first page with this rom? Where is the kernel file associated with this rom?

The Kernel file is included in the rom.
you dont need to flash an extra kernel file.

the actual rom is here:

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4/

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Hi guys, I forgot to install the Gapps, and now i cant access the file structure to put on the zip file to do it....what should I do?

Go to CWM and change some storage option? USB debugging is off and its not showing up in windows?

Thanks

why dont you just flash a backup, load the zip file and flash the new rom again?

Tuxxperia

Feb 4, 2009
Today i had a new issue: I was not able to turn on wifi (switch was dark, i couldn't turn it on) after turning off flight mode over night. A had to reboot Tab to got it working.

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
I need help

Hello there,

I encountered a problem....just by accident my Samsung Tab 10.1N 32GB was in a loop with the Cyanogen page showing on my tab. I didn't do anything, it just did it by itself. I pressed the power button for several seconds until it rebooted, but now it is not getting further than the Samsung Screen.

I tried to reflash CWM via Odin and then flashing this Kang ROM again, but it still is stuck at the Samsung screen and won't go any further.

I read earlier in this thread to flsh stock firmware via Odin but I don't know how to do that exactly, or were to get the stock firmware from, so any help would be realy appreciated. I also don't know how much battery is left as I don't know how long it was already in the loop before I noticed it.

Is the tab charging while showing the Samsung screen? I am really worried now.

Thank you for your help! :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Just went into CWM trying to wipe Cache which worked but Dalvik did not just got a message that path not recognised or something, then I selected Wiping Dalvik again and the tab rebooted, it was plugged into the mains and now it shows the battery charging which apparently is good half full.

I am really confused and do not know what to do at all! :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

this is a CM9 KANG built for the GT-P7500 (3G) model.

What does KANG mean, I hear you asking? It means I'm not the one responsible for the code behind this ROM, it's all CyanogenMod/pershoot/isimobile (as noted below).
    I "only" compiled it and wrote this nice post, sharing my KANG along the way. Hope you will like it!

All credits to the CyanogenMod team and Pershoot, they're the real heroes.
    Credits to isimobile as well for the 3G stuff. All you guys are great, keep up the awesomeness!

Needless to say, don't bug the CyanogenMod team about bugs (pun intended).
    Also, neither I nor CM will be held responsible if your Tab explodes (or any other unfortunate side effect).
    That being said, it should work beautifully :)

What is working:
    - 3G
    - WiFi tethering
    - HW video decoding
    - Quite a lot more

Not working:
    - Camera

Bugs:
    - For auto-brightness to work, lock/unlock the screen once.
    - Searching for network providers doesn't work.

How to install:
    Do a FULL WIPE/FACTORY RESET & WIPE CACHE in CWM if coming from another ROM!
    If coming from any previous version of this ROM, full wipe/cache wipe shouldn't be necessary.
    Then, flash in this order:
    1. ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. Kernel modules (optional)
    without rebooting between flashes.

Additional info:
    To get 3G working, make sure you have the right APN with the right settings for your network provider selected.
    For the most part this is autodetected but sometimes it's not detected properly.

Kernel modules are optional. If you want support for things like nfs, ps3 controllers etc... flash this. You will have to do the modprobing yourself (in a terminal window: first get root access with su, then modprobe <modulename-without-.ko>)
    cifs.ko, ntfs.ko and tun.ko got moved into the ROM, no need for modules zip if you just want those.

To get your Tab to show up on your computer when connected via USB, goto Settings -> Storage -> click the three dots in the upper-right corner. Enable MTP or PTP.

Looking for a changelog? There's no changelog in the traditional sense but the latest merged changes can be seen here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged branch:ics,n,z (ignore all android_kernel_* and android_device_* projects) & https://github.com/pershoot/

Don't flash the kernel from Pershoots thread on this ROM. The latest kernel is included in this ROM already. The one in Pershoots thread is for Honeycomb.

Bandwidth kindly provided by my friend snapcase. Thanks man :)

Download (latest):
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba.zip - 121 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Requires CWM recovery from here (flash in Odin via "PDA" button). Thread by pershoot here
    • Refreshed CM sources, with new official boot animation :)
    • WiFi fixed, FOR REAL this time ;) Pershoot has worked very hard on it, please thank him! WiFi Direct not working though at the moment.
    • Fewer graphical glitches (opening recent apps on home launcher still glitches)
    • Voice search fix is now obsolete; upgrade gapps to a newer version instead
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Modules will be installed to /system/lib/modules, this will make modprobe find them properly

Gapps:
    Download gapps from here
    Download one of the newer gapps from that page (one of the gapps-ics-2012* files).
    If doing an upgrade from an earlier version of gapps, be aware that upgrading gapps can make your tab unbootable. In this case you have to wipe data!
    Remember to make a backup before upgrading gapps just in case!

Youtube:
    Download Youtube 3.5.* from here

Download (old):
    Voice Search fix: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-maba-voicesearch-fix.zip - 1.5 MB (MD5: b18cc6de1d35043ab671d26082d48992)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba.zip - 117 MB (MD5: e2dc5369cecba1d3d8296730572f90aa)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: e7dd5fb3ef50cfca4864aa55ab7eb184)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba.zip - 119 MB (MD5: 1d70f3781ce08c79c7e61c518a581b6a)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 454e1e5d6c667142358625b2a2cee70d)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-020712-maba.zip - 118.4 MB (MD5: 59323d3091392696a0d30c43136b924c)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 5c5c3f5d1ed178f7b11b4fc2fac9995a)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.zip - 118.3 MB
    Torrent: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.torrent (includes both ROM and modules flashable zips)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba.zip - 107.3 MB (mirror)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 8.9 MB (mirror)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012412-maba.zip - 107.7 MB

Enjoy!
    New build in first post.
    Have an update comin this wknd. Swapped out wifi driver with mostly google's latest implementation. This will have wifi direct working.

This 'should' also hopefully help the phantom bootloop stuff.

Will post some experimental builds this wknd.
    here's a build i ran, just to ensure things are in place for 7500.

unofficial
    http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4/
    (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p4-KANG-signed.zip)

use the supplied recovery (odin: recovery.tar.md5)

everything you need to build is on my github.

most stuff in/outside has been submitted, pending review, in to mainline, excluding the p4 device tree, which will be created at some point.
    New build uploaded. Changes are minor, some memory tweaks and transition effects in Trebuchet. I've also built kernel modules for those of you who get turned on by stuff like that. :p

First post updated with links and relevant info.