[ROM] 2.3.5 KK4 - Legend 6 - JellyBean Edition - The Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Boobie Watcher

Oct 16, 2010
Hey everyone, been away from the cappy for a long time....trying to put this rom on my girlfriends phone! Is there any way to know if she is on GB bootloaders? Just dont want to mess her phone up, thanks guys!

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
If you try to run an i897 GB Stock Firmware or Dev'd Rom based on the i897 GB Firmware and you have a really bad pixelated screen when it boots up, then you do not have the i897 GB Bootloaders. Also you should see the at&t boot screen.

Also if you have never flashed her phone, then look under the About phone in the Settings and see what android/firmware version the phone has. I897ucKK4 is the Stock GB 2.3.5

Last edited:

KMan94

Aug 28, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've got MtCareys source for i9000 with audience support. Was looking to see what I can do with it, but my C++ is very rusty so I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet...
I've always thought that was close to the holy grail for Captivate development in that it opens up all of options.

If that happens I'm definitely going to JB.

Good Luck. We're all counting on you.

a quick follow-up... a few weeks ago I posted that I was having issues with my phone. The suggestion was that I delete a folder in /system/etc I think. That worked perfectly. I can now get up to 2 1/2 days of battery with light use and everything works.

Jose0726

Dec 30, 2011
P.R
How. Do I flash this ROM coming from hellybean.? I have no power button so all I'm able to use are flashing zips. I tried flashing corn kernel and install but then phone reboots into devil kernel logo!??

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
In order to get back to any Rom that is based on Stock Samsung Firmware, you must use Odin or Heimdall to flash back to that Stock. --- So in your current case you need to first flash back to GB 2.3.5 i897ucKK4 with repartition and full wipe --- and then use Odin/Heimdall to get Corn Kernel, so you will have CWM. Then from that you can flash this Rom. You can navigate in the CWM Recovery using your capacitive buttons...Menu=Down, Home=Up, Back arrow=Back, Search symbol=Select.

Stock Samsung Firmwares use BML/RFS partitions. ICS, Jellybean, MIUI, CyanagenMod, AOKP, AOSP (and whatever other varients of these) use MTD/ Yaffs(2) partitions. And so because of the different partition scheme, there is the must to flash back to Stock firmware and repartition.

\/ (Hey Rob...I must have been editing my post while u posted... :D ) \/

Last edited:

robm1911

Nov 26, 2010
Weatherford Tx.
How. Do I flash this ROM coming from hellybean.? I have no power button so all I'm able to use are flashing zips. I tried flashing corn kernel and install but then phone reboots into devil kernel logo!??

Coming from a jb ROM you will have to Odin back to GB I still recommend the kk4 with repartition by 4-2ndtwin found in the third post of the one click thread in the stickies section. Then flash the corn kernel (link in op) then flash the ROM. Curios though if your power button is not working how are you making selections in recovery??

robm1911

Nov 26, 2010
Weatherford Tx.
Bam, poor Rob was ninjad again, dude....

You know I've been thinking of changing my avatar, and I think I found the right one.

yjubazeb.jpg

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Jose0726

Dec 30, 2011
P.R
Coming from a jb ROM you will have to Odin back to GB I still recommend the kk4 with repartition by 4-2ndtwin found in the third post of the one click thread in the stickies section. Then flash the corn kernel (link in op) then flash the ROM. Curios though if your power button is not working how are you making selections in recovery??

Guess I'm out of luck. I can manage to get into recovery by inserting battery and pressing vol up and down repeatedly but I cannot get into download mode to use Odin :/

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Guess I'm out of luck. I can manage to get into recovery by inserting battery and pressing vol up and down repeatedly but I cannot get into download mode to use Odin :/

Jig...

(a lil cheaper than another phone :thumbup: and at least a solution until u r ready to get another phone)

check my sig link below for links on how to make one or where to buy one.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: crt60 and robm1911

slapperypete

Mar 9, 2011
Toronto
A quick 'thanks' for what's proving to be a solid ROM (Legend 5).

Is it possible to take a screen grab? Have tried a few back + home/power button combos, but nada. Cheers!

Reactions: crt60

Maxmusic

Feb 24, 2011
Iowa City
I have the same non-working power button on my experimental cappy. While in recovery you can use the search button as the select button. After I flash a new ROM I then reprogram the up volume button as my wake up button. When I get around to it I hope to clean the power button with contact cleaner that was suggested somewhere in the Q&A section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: crt60
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Legend 6

KK4
    Gingerbread
    AT&T

CollectiveLogo2.png

JellyBean Edition
    android-jelly-bean.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just when you thought it was over, for those gingerbread diehards, I give you KK4 JellyBean Edition
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deodexed, zipaligned, rooted
    MTCarey's KK4 7.06 Corn Kernel
    Mobints - Holo Launcher
    Extended power menu
    Crt animation
    New updated theme
    Custom boot animation
    15 Lockscreens with music controls
    16 Customizable Quickpanel toggles
    Brightness Slider
    Hide Clock - Hide AM/PM in Settings Menu
    Camera (i897 KK4) - Power button takes pictures/video plus low battery disabled
    Added more screen timeout choices
    Swipe notification cancel
    Stay awake while charging option in Settings
    Change clock color in settings (16 different colors)
    Change status bar color in settings (9 different colors)
    Change status bar pulldown background and handle (16 different combinations)
    Notifications volume linked to ring volume option
    Status bar off option to hide status bar
    Side loading enabled by default
    Remove Software Update from the Settings menu
    Haptic feedback disabled by default (Battery life)
    Disable text/mms logging in call logs
    Updated superuser
    Updated android market
    Updated Gmail
    YouTube - download video files
    Extensive APN list
    Extensive host file
    Some bloat removed
    Some tweaks and enhancements
    Just an all around cool ROM

You will need to have a kernel with Clockwork Mod available here .
    Just download the zip file then copy the zip file to your sdcard and flash away with clockwork mod recovery.
    Need to be on Gingerbread bootloaders.
    *It is recommended deleting the /system/etc/cwm5sc after first boot to ensure best performance and reliability.*

As Always, I am not responsible if it messes up your phone.

Enjoy,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend 6 - KK4 - JellyBean Edition

device-2012-07-ICSE_1.png
    device-2012-09-09.png

device-2012-07-ICSE_2.png
    device-2012-07-ICSE_4.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:
    Johnsondr80
    robm1911
    MTCarey for his kernel development
    Boog for his kernel development
    Mortem Tuam
    The Collective team
    Whitehawkx
    untermensch
    mobints
    team obssessed
    lidroid
    JKay
    Jirv311
    Fr4gg0r
    Dagr8
    tsm
    EDT
    dhiru
    GadgetCheck
    Rolle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChangeLog:
    v2.1.1
    Removed txt/mms logging in call logs
    v2.1.5
    Added remove text message logging in call logs to full wipe rom (issues fixed)
    Added hide clock, hide am/pm to Settings\Date and time
    v2.1.7
    Fixed setting date and time manually in Settings\Date and time except it breaks data when flashed with a full wipe rom.
    Some minor theme tweaks, lighten some icons in blue and yellow theme and
    added more Legend style to stock theme.
    Stabilized ring lock to be more reliable (hope)
    Some minor performance tweaks
    v2.1.8
    Fixed issue with hide clock causing loss of data in full wipe ROM
    Fixed bootloop issue with Lockscreens in Legend 2.1 Stock ROM
    Added performance tweaks
    Some minor theme tweaks
    Added clock color changer to settings\display
    Added status bar color changer to settings\display, with option to hide status bar
    Major performance tweaks
    Some minor theme tweaks
    ICS Themed ROM by RobM1911
    Added status bar pulldown and handle changer in setting\display
    Added notification volume linked to ring volume in settings\sound
    Added Rolle's Youtube downloader
    Some theme tweaks
    Removed kernel from no wipe roms
    Added flashlight toggle
    Added Gingerbread launcher into ICS Edition full wipe ROM (what the hell)
    True i897 KK4 Hacked Camera-(Power button takes pictures/video, plus disable low battery warning)
    Fixed touch tones
    More theme tweaks and fixes
    Added Wifi hotspot toggle
    Added Screen always on toggle
    Added Honey lockscreen
    Think the Ring lock is finally fixed
    ICSE theme tweaks
    Fully enabled stagefright in build.prop and
    other performance enhancements
    Added the lidroid 15 customizable quickpanel toggles
    Integrated toggle customization into Settings menu
    Added JKay tabbed lockscreens
    Added reboot option when status bar mods are selected in settings menu
    Fixed video player not playing some files issue(disabled stagefright)
    Fixed JKay lockscreen where camera tab only allowed for still camera
    Fixed charging bug in 4 tab lockscreen
    Fixed Music controls in MIUI lockscreen disappearing when screen turned off
    Fixed MIUI lockscreen missed call notification causes reboot
    Memory leak fixes
    Made Sammy stable
    Added Holo launcher
    Added quickpanel toggle color changer
    Updated ICS and stock themes
    Some tweaks and improvements
    JellyBean Theme
    Added 2G/3G Network toggle
    Added brightness slider
    Added swipe notification cancel

Known Issues:
    On Corn kernel 7.06 Data sometimes won't connect reliably on first boot, reboot phone and all is well.
    It is recommended deleting the /system/etc/cwm5sc after first boot to ensure best performance and reliability.
    Gallery may blackscreen on first use, just kill in taskmanager/active applications, then clear the /ram and it should work fine afterwards, if not, try clearing the data in Settings/applications/manage applications/ select All tab and Gallery and click clear data button. When a Google account is added, Gallery may stop working again, a possible fix is to go to Settings/Accounts and sync/Manage accounts/(Your account), and then deselect Sync Picasa Web Albums.

<The Collective>

RobM1911
    Presents

_________Twisted PICS_________

snap20120331_130508.png
    snap20120331_130517.png
    snap20120331_130530.png

snap20120331_130634.png
    snap20120331_130655.png
    snap20120331_130705.png

Legend 5
    Download

_________Aeris_________

snap20120117_210413.png
    snap20120117_210453.png
    snap20120117_210509.png

snap20120117_210544.png
    snap20120117_210634.png
    snap20120117_210905.png

Please stop by the original Aeris thread and spank Mortem's thanks button:cool:

Legend 4
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rh1y4hbamwy154s

_________Stainless_________

snap20111221_200048.png
    snap20111221_200205.png
    snap20111221_200215.png

snap20111221_200229.png
    snap20111221_200257.png
    snap20111221_200357.png

snap20111221_200411.png
    snap20111221_200431.png

Legend 5
    Download

_______HoneySmoke Red_______

001.png
    002.png
    003.png

004.png
    005.png
    006.png

007.png
    008.png

Legend 5
    Download

HoneySmoke Blue

Legend 4
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e5r2mqte2pz4c99
    Legend 4 Final

Just letting everyone know I got Legend 4 out.
    Lots of changes, and better stability. Its a great milestone for Legend.
    A final compilation of many hours of work and determination to create for you a great ROM for your cappy.
    Special thanks to Robm1911 for the popular Legend ICS Edition and all of his support.

Enjoy...:)

crt60
    Just letting everyone know, In my strive to give you guys a great product I went ahead and fixed the i897 hack camera, the JKay lockscreen camera tab only allowing for still camera, and fixed the 4-tab charging bug.
    All ROMs and Themes have been updated with the fixes plus for those that already downloaded the ROM, you can download the appropriate camera update/lockscreens fix at the bottom of the Mods section in the 2nd post.

I apologize for being a pain. Just trying to give you guys a nice polished rom before I move on to the next project.