Hard Brick! Help! Note 2 won't turn on

Search This thread

metriod

Jun 6, 2011
I just reboot my Sprint Note 2 and then it won't turn on. I try recovery mode and download mode, no response. I can't turn on the phone at all, no lights or anything.

It is hard bricked. I know with some galaxy phones you can program your Sdcard to go into download mode if your bootloader is damage. Can it be done on a Note 2?

If not, is there instructions to jtag this brick? I don't mind buying a jtag box, if it can be done.

spitfire2425

Jun 12, 2012
Narnia
Samsung will probably fix it if it's still under warranty. I had an s2 skyrocket and when it hard bricked they fixed it even though my warranty was void because they couldn't tell it was void.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
I'm starting to believe the Note 2 variants need a short to get into this emergency sd card mode. The Note 3 variants can do it without a short. However I tried with someone else recently after I've provided the unbrick image to write to the 16GB Class 10 sdcard and they were unable to get anything out the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

BBobby

Oct 23, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
www.babaletskos.com
Dumb response but that happened to me once. When the battery runs down to 0% not any charger will bring it back to life. A standard 1.0A will not do it many times. Try with a higher powered 2.1A charger and let it sit plugged in for a while the 3100 mag battery needs some power to get going. I hope this is your issue

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app