What sound equalizer app do you use ?

Search This thread

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
As is commonly known, at lower volumes the sound on the G pad is pretty dark and murky.
This can be improved easily by using an equalizer app and turning down the bass/lower frequencies, and turning up the higher frequencies.

I've tried a few different apps, some work, some don't.
Currently I'm using the "Music equalizer" app, which is allright but turns itself off after 30 minutes, so I'm looking for something better.
What apps have you found that work well with MX player?

(I know sound improves in other ROM's but I want to stay rooted stock, so custom ROM's are not an option right now)

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Today I installed DSP manager (from cyanogenmod).
Nice and exactly what I want, except that it doesn't work at all.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

RandomChance

Jan 23, 2014
I use PowerAmp music player. It has a great DSP but I don't know if it works system-wide and I haven't really tried to find out because I haven't really though about it.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Poweramp seems to be a music player rater than a generic equalizer.

About CM, have I mentioned in my start post that I want to stay stock, or did I forget to say that?

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Upgrade to CM11, it will change your tab, especially concerning the sound..

Poweramp seems to be a music player rater than a generic equalizer.

About CM, have I mentioned in my start post that I want to stay stock, or did I forget to say that?

Greetings.. :cool:
I know you want to stay stock but...

I was just reading this thread and I have CM-11 installed and I thought.. why not turn on Netflix and the DSP (which I was not using) and see if the DSP Mgr. does make a difference..

It Does.. A Big Difference if you adjust the EQ manually.. :cool: So at least you know you have an option should your situation become unbearable.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
I know there is that option so I have considered that. Not having Qremote is not an option at this moment, so I'm not going there.

As for equalizers, I've found another one that works, but it also turns off after 30 minutes.
I have the impression that this is not so much a funcionalty, but a limitation within android.
Does anyone know if all equalizer apps will turn off after 30 minutes?
Does any app exist that I can use that doesn't turn itself off?

Sergiochr

Feb 4, 2014
Corfu
I know there is that option so I have considered that. Not having Qremote is not an option at this moment, so I'm not going there.

As for equalizers, I've found another one that works, but it also turns off after 30 minutes.
I have the impression that this is not so much a funcionalty, but a limitation within android.
Does anyone know if all equalizer apps will turn off after 30 minutes?
Does any app exist that I can use that doesn't turn itself off?

Why don't you try DSP Manager?I have the free version and it stays on all the time.Works well so give it a shot...

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Why don't you try DSP Manager?I have the free version and it stays on all the time.Works well so give it a shot...
Well, ....
Today I installed DSP manager (from cyanogenmod).
Nice and exactly what I want, except that it doesn't work at all.

So what ROM are you on, and what app are you listening to?
I really want DSP manager but it just dosn't seem to do anything.
I'm trying to have it working with stock LG rom, rooted and MX player.

Sergiochr

Feb 4, 2014
Corfu
Well, ....

So what ROM are you on, and what app are you listening to?
I really want DSP manager but it just dosn't seem to do anything.
I'm trying to have it working with stock LG rom, rooted and MX player.

Well,i'm with stock LG rom,rooted and i tried DSP manager with:Real Racing 2,Toy Defence 3 and other games...Also i tried it and it works with Viral,and Vodio,haven't tried it with MX player...

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
As is commonly known, at lower volumes the sound on the G pad is pretty dark and murky.
This can be improved easily by using an equalizer app and turning down the bass/lower frequencies, and turning up the higher frequencies.

I've tried a few different apps, some work, some don't.
Currently I'm using the "Music equalizer" app, which is allright but turns itself off after 30 minutes, so I'm looking for something better.
What apps have you found that work well with MX player?

(I know sound improves in other ROM's but I want to stay rooted stock, so custom ROM's are not an option right now)

If you are rooted you could try AlsaMixer. It's kinda a carry over from Linux. Bear in mind that it had a major overhaul some time ago. It has so many settings for each connectin you won't believe it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to use it after the overhaul as everything is classified pretty cryptic, but I believe I saw something about 5 different EQ bands. AlsaMixer is system wide btw. The EQ is just one of many variables you can set. However finding a tutorial is imminent, if you ask me. Good luck.

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
Thanks for the tip.
I had a look at it, but that's probably going to take me days to figure out since I know nothing about programming..:eek:

I'm still wondering about DSP manager on stock in combination with MX player, does anyone have that working?

I'm not certain of what I'm saying right now. But since MX Player is capable of using both software and hardware for both sound and video I suspect it may use it's own settings.. I don't know. I'm basing it on ZPlayer in the Market which I used for a long time, that one had it's own EQ and such and the dev said that the users shouldn't be using any 3rd party EQ's because it wouldn't have any effect.. May be some of the same stuff going on with MX Player since it offers all these different decoders.. Sorry, I'm not going back to stock to test this. Anything CM/AOSP related, I'll gladly check out for you. :/

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
I'm just wondering; DSP manager does not seem to have any effect on the sound of any apps here.

As for MX player (which is the only app I really care about for an equalizer to work with),
some equalizer apps work with it and some don't.
The few that I found that work all quit after 30 minutes, probably that's a limitation in android?

I'm starting to think harder about Mahdi rom, it sure looks nice but I just can't part yet from Qremote.

callif

Aug 25, 2010

I was just reading this thread and I have CM-11 installed and I thought.. why not turn on Netflix and the DSP (which I was not using) and see if the DSP Mgr. does make a difference..

It Does.. A Big Difference if you adjust the EQ manually.. :cool: So at least you know you have an option should your situation become unbearable.

Rooted users can use viper. It is the best system wide system modulator out there. It can be found almost anywhere on these forums. If you need a link, pm me and i'll send you one.

Charlie

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Rooted users can use viper. It is the best system wide system modulator out there.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Viper4androidFX works,
it works with MX player and it keeps working after 30 minutes.

I believed for a moment that this was the solution for optimizing the sound on the G pad,
however viper seems to have an unwanted effect on videoprocessing;
while streaming HD content over MX player there is a slight stutter in the video that immediately disappears when I turn viper off.
That makes useless for me really.:(

I am thinking about saying goodbye to the Qremote app and flashing Mahdi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rooted users can use viper. It is the best system wide system modulator out there. It can be found almost anywhere on these forums. If you need a link, pm me and i'll send you one.

Charlie
    I never understood the "pm me and I'll send you the link" attitude.

Anyway .. I agree with Charlie: it is a very good sound enhancer utility.
    Here is the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223