ALL LTE discussions here please

Search This thread

ghudgins

Apr 14, 2010
I *think* so....but the hard part is most people don't usually leave voicemail so its difficult to recognize. AT&T said its probably because new LTE towers are going up...but to me that sounds like a lousy excuse.

I guess I just want to see if its possible that its the ROM/kernal that caused this or if its a byproduct of LTE

Thanks for hearing me out man....I could always flash back to stock and see what that does

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.
Had the same issue, only shows LTE in stock or rooted stock however I had to do a clean reinstall of rooted stock for it to show up again.

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
Question to those with the Rogers I747M running stock.

When you get connected to LTE, does the on screen data indicator show 4G or LTE?

I unlocked my phone to get it onto the MTS LTE (Manitoba) network, but it's only showing up 4G and want to know if maybe Rogers modified the software to not display an LTE icon like the manual shows.

On a side note, the MTS LTE network SUCKS. So far I'm barely getting any good speeds and MTS claims everything is fine on the network side. I will continue to talk with them to hopefully get better speeds. If there's any MTS LTE members here, if you're getting good speeds, feel free to give me tips! :)

Cheers!

My stock and rooted i747m on Rogers shows LTE when available.

Reactions: PhoenixIce22

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I don't know what is happening with Rogers today but just set a record lte speed test in Toronto: 62mbps! See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-22-11-43-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-22-11-43-36.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,213

skapoor12

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for the response

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Hey thanks for your response.

But the issue I am having is that I am seeing H+ and not 4g, plus I have done speed tests and my speeds are about 4Mb down and 1 Mb up which is a far cry from what I used to get from touchqiz roms and I can easily see that my connections is extremely slower when I am watching HD videos on youtube

Please help!!

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9
Hey thanks for your response.

But the issue I am having is that I am seeing H+ and not 4g, plus I have done speed tests and my speeds are about 4Mb down and 1 Mb up which is a far cry from what I used to get from touchqiz roms and I can easily see that my connections is extremely slower when I am watching HD videos on youtube

Please help!!

Aokp has the lte toggle correct?
Is this turned on

Did you check your apn to make sure its correct. Im not sure about your carrier but att has 2 apn's one for all connections and one for everything but lte. I cant test lte atm, but hopefully soon, my town is on the list for before 2013.

I would check apn first, if not wipe everything, system data cache dalvic, and reflash. If not try another rom.

Edit- I just reread your original post. Disregard the apn stuff, I forgot you already did that.

Last edited:

jmbradd

Oct 3, 2010
Just got my gs3 today. Finally got home to Portland and was pleasantly surprised with my first couple speed tests. I know itll be slower when more people are on bur wowow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348461276374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348461276374.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 281

PhoenixIce22

Jan 12, 2012
My stock and rooted i747m on Rogers shows LTE when available.

Got the LTE working on the MTS network. Not much of a surprise that the techs aren't too smart and didn't know what they were doing. Luckily I had a contact that could check up on things for me and they got it rocking!

I see about 20 Mbps down and 5+ up while indoors. Way faster than their HSPA network! :)

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6
OnePlus 11
well i was able to get 50mb down in my house until friday when the iphone 5 came out. now i get about 25-30 down (not complaining lol). is at&t giving data speed priority to iphones again like they did with 3g?

not really a big deal to me because i still get decent speeds. im grandfathered in to unlimited data so honestly i wont complain

AM Radio

Jul 20, 2011
NR13-ROMEO-03
LTE help needed on Koodo/Telus

would really appreciate any input here! the short of it is: stock, unrooted TELUS SGS3 + Koodo SIM = crappy LTE speeds.

was on "4G" before Koodo turned on LTE, was getting 10Mbps down, 2-3Mbps up.

LTE gets turned on last Friday, and i get my LTE indicator. on "about phone" my network is detected as "LTE:14". hooray!

but the speeds are not LTE: i'm getting 4-5Mbps DOWN, and 10-15Mbps up. i've been to different parts of the province -- Vancouver, Victoria, Delta, Richmond -- and still the same result.

for the hell of it, i switched the "bearer" in my APN to "LTE" from unspecified, speeds still suck. switched to "HSPA only" and once again i am getting 10Mbps down, 2-3Mbps up. any idea why LTE sucks on my SGS3?

Last edited:

Tanker Bob

Here in N. VA., I clocked 18,535 kbps down and 4,875 up this weekend as the top speeds so far from home. Oddly, I clocked 9,442 down and 12,340 up this morning at work just a few miles from home. I've never seen upload higher than download before. That dropped to 7193 down and 4447 up by this afternoon - probably iPhone mania again.

Reactions: Chadadu

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
Where is the LTE love for long island NY

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THIS!!!@&#&@@@!!!!
Jesus we're 20 miles from Connecticut covered in LTE and depending on your location on the island like 20 miles from the city where they also have it. You'd think they'd want to cover an island 70% filled with middle class families who ALL have a smartphone with a data plan

looks like a lot of us are waiting for lte to be in long island ny cant wait for it to happen i doubt it will be in 2012 hopefully in early 2013

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Just letting people know LTE 4g speeds is alive and kicking in Alexandria, VA. Amazed at how fast it is. So glad I'm still Grandfathered into the Unlimited Data plan. I know At&t is hating my usage..lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=32

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28

ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

## Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## Wifi Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## LTE Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.lte=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## GPRS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## UMTS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Can someone please help me understand why I dont have LTE after flashing SG3 jelly bean AOKP rom
    I am on a rogers device from toronto stalk phone had extremely fast LTE connection

Please help!!
    I have set APN settings identical to a rogers smartphone, selected the LTE/CDMA option in *#*#INFO#*#*

please help!!

thanks!!

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.
    Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII