[SOLVED] Stuck in boot loop with 6.2.2 and HAVE adb shell access, but still stuck...

Search This thread

wapbravo

Feb 24, 2012
Hi guys,

I have done everything mentioned before. However, when I enter the command

C:\kfu\tools>fastboot -i 0x1949 boot recovery\twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

I get this error message:

cannot load 'recovery\twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img'

I appreciate your help. I have also messed up the permissions on the KF.

ghaffaria

Aug 12, 2013
my kindle fire not work!!!!!!!

I want root my kindle fire with "Kindle_Fire_Utility_v0.9.6" , so I follow this instruction:
theunlockr.com/2012/07/23/how-to-root-and-flash-twrp-recovery-on-the-amazon-kindle-fire

after "Install Permanent Root with Superuser" my kindle reboot and stop on default kindle logo...:rolleyes:

and I wait and wait, but nothing happened.
now what should I do?
1 week I search about this but I couldn't find any thing and any solution.

also after that my kindle not recognized.

please help me....:(:(:crying:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you have to install fff and twrp therefore you have to get to fastboot:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1414832

then install twrp:
    download from http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img
    install with:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 boot recovery\twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img
    and reboot:
    fastboot reboot

now you can flash one of the prerroted stock roms or cm7 - whatever you like
    would not use the stock rom from amazon cause you'll loose fff, twrp and root
    Firstly, I'm sorry for creating a new thread, but please know that I searched everywhere (here and around the Internet) first. I barely slept last night. I have read and read. I'm still stuck.

I was able to root following these instructions - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410223 - and all was good for a little while, until I made a bone-headed mistake in the File Expert app while trying to install Google Market. I changed the permissions to /system/app and I'm sure that if I was able to change them back, I'd be fine. I just can't figure out how to do that.

What I can do is connect to the device via ADB, but if I go to adb shell, the prompt is a $. As I understand it, I need that to be a #. I can't get a # prompt, because when I run "su", I get an error that says "Segmentation fault su". (Sometimes I get a different error message, but I'm sorry, I forget what that is right now.)

Anyway, so because I'm not superuser, when I attempt to run "chmod 755 /system/app" (which is what I know I need to do), I get an error "Unable to chmod ... Read-only file system."

In order to get around that error, I know I need to mount as readwrite. However, when I try to run "mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system", I get an error that says, "mount: Operation not permitted."

No doubt, I cannot chmod or mount because I'm not su. In an attempt to regain su, I tried to run BurritoRoot2.bin again (I don't know if that makes sense, but I decided to try it anyway, because BurritoRoot2 is what worked for me last night, and everything really was fine until I messed up those permissions). Anyway, that was last night. Today, BurritoRoot2 won't work anymore. Now I get an error says, "android.util.AndroidException: Can't connect to activity manager; is the system running?"

Well, no. The system is not running. That's sort of my problem.

I have no idea what to do now. I do not have TWRP installed. If I did have that installed, I might be able to flash a completely stock 6.2.1 or 6.2.2 ROM, thus restoring everything to "out-of-the-box" condition, which would be fantastic right about now. I don't know if I can install TWRP at this point, however, since my access to the device is so limited.

PLEASE help me... Where, exactly, should I go from here?

(Thank you for reading this. I'm sorry it's so long; I wanted to be thorough.)
    Well, crap. Now I'm stuck at the yellow triangle and "press power button for recovery", except pressing power does not start recovery.

AND, I can no longer access the device via ADB. The drivers appear to be invalid now. :`-(

I'll be working my way through this thread now - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1408056 - and again, will report back later.

you'll have to update the driver - some did up to 4 times to get the right driver for each boot mode
    in short:
    normal boot -> android composite adb interface
    fastboot -> android adb interface

adb is'nt working in fastboot mode and you'r still in fastboot mode
    once you got twrp installed correctly, the drivers updated and correctly recognized you can force to recovery mode:

fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 5001
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

btw. to get to twrp you have to press the button repeatently (not holding,not once) till the button gets orange
    just updated my last post

got it - from where do you run the commands kfu tools folder or sdk ?
    if you use kfu tools folder (would recommend cause there are all necessary files) then move kfu to something like c:\kfu - it don't like spaces in pathname
    to get to normal boot once your finished maybe you have to issue adb commands since adb is working in recovery

adb shell su -c "idme bootmode 4000"
    adb reboot

and:

glad to help ...

please mark the subject of the topic (edit first post) with [Solved]

good luck !