[Q] GPS problem signal

Search This thread

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
Hi.

I have a Galaxy s3 videotron t999v. I rooted and flashed the rom Frosty, illusion and CM10. I still have the same problem no GPS signal with google navigation. I went back to the stock rom with odin and make the ICS update for jellybean. Still the same problem no GPS signal.

Anyone has a solution or has had the same thing with Galaxy s3 Vieotron or Tmobile.

Thank you in advance.

RnRexpress3423

May 8, 2009
Connecticut
I'm going through the same problem my friend. Odin back to stock ICS and did the software update to JB and still no GPS icon in the notification bar. This sucks...

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
I'm going through the same problem my friend. Odin back to stock ICS and did the software update to JB and still no GPS icon in the notification bar. This sucks...

I have the GPS icon in the notification bar but no signal. I tried on the market (GPS Status and GPS data) for more than 15 minutes outside with a clear sky with no results. I can not believe I'm the only one with this problem.

I hope there is someone here who can help us.

MegaMan X

Apr 24, 2011
Los Angeles
If your phone is rooted, try downloading 'fasterfix' from the play store and use it to set your location.

Use 'GPS Status & Toolbox' to redo your aGPS data afterwards and see if it that helps as well.

Try to leave it running for 2 mins outdoors, stationary. Set the program to leave the display on when that application is running. I think it should work better afterwards.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I tried the method of your link but nothing has changed. I will try again tonight and I'll give you some news.

If you find a solution please share, I just started having this problem a few days ago. But I don't even get the "searching for location in the status bar

Sent from Flip's S3

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
Well this is what I did. I returned with the original rom nothing has changed. I rooter my phone and installed GPS Status and FastFix. I have worked for 30 minutes GPS status it did not find a GPS signal. By the way this is not the first time I root my device. Motorola, LG, Samsung, and I've never had the problem.

If someone has a solution! Please let me know.

Edit: I also install JB 4.1.1 with Kies and nothing has changed. I noticed that the GPS icon does not appear when I do a search request with google navigation.

Last edited:

trippmcnealy

May 9, 2011
Denver, CO
Ok, I was having the same problem and here is how I fixed it. It took me a few days and I might have just gotten lucky, but who cares.

I flashed this ROM.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2088764

This I Odin'd back to standard ROM.
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390169635556426424

Make sure you have SuperSU flashable on hand.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

At that point I was able to flash Wicked:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804260

And I magically had GPS signal. I might be lucky, but wanted to share the steps that got my GPS back.

Make sure to copy everything from your internal storage to your computer. You might lose everything, just FYI.

Good luck.

grinchyboy

Nov 16, 2010
Ive been having the same problem. Only when im using stock touchwiz, cm10 but when I use cm10.1 my gps works. But when I go back to stock. My gps is completely dead

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
I just changed my S3 on the store warranty. I love the team and Deviant Roms. But I have a fear of root my phone and still lose the GPS function. Thank you everyone for helping me.

N3r0-666

Jul 30, 2011
I have the same problem I just cashed In my warranty I get a new phone tomorrow

N3r0-666

Jul 30, 2011
Ive been having the same problem. Only when im using stock touchwiz, cm10 but when I use cm10.1 my gps works. But when I go back to stock. My gps is completely dead

Same thing had 10.1 then back to touch wiz gps was a no go and erratic showing odd locations, also although this might be unrelated my root of my sd card changed and the old root was in a folder named "0" in a new directory nandroid didt fix gps so I assume I its broke

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
Same thing had 10.1 then back to touch wiz gps was a no go and erratic showing odd locations, also although this might be unrelated my root of my sd card changed and the old root was in a folder named "0" in a new directory nandroid didt fix gps so I assume I its broke

I think there are many people who have the same problem.

RnRexpress3423

May 8, 2009
Connecticut
I think there are many people who have the same problem.

The directions I posted on the first page worked for me and like you I came from cm10 and my GPS was messed up. Rooted back to stock ICS and it came back right away. I didn't even need to wait for an OTA update. Well on the bright side at least you'll have a brand new phone to root and play with. Hopefully it doesn't happen again! Good luck flashing in the future man.

rolo_pok

Feb 19, 2011
Québec
The directions I posted on the first page worked for me and like you I came from cm10 and my GPS was messed up. Rooted back to stock ICS and it came back right away. I didn't even need to wait for an OTA update. Well on the bright side at least you'll have a brand new phone to root and play with. Hopefully it doesn't happen again! Good luck flashing in the future man.

I hope so too lol. I just rooted my new S3 the gps works.