Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Search This thread

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
your phone got hot with stock kennel. I guess your volume is to low too. I can only think that Samsung has build quality issues with so many different issues from so many different phones.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

it wasnt ridiculously hot but then again i didn't underclock it the crazy part about those pics are that they are seriously undercloked, and my phone was only on 29 mins and the systenm is draining every time i look at my phone i see a lower batt. %. Does this have to do with restoring data from a previous version of this rom?

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
it wasnt ridiculously hot but then again i didn't underclock it the crazy part about those pics are that they are seriously undercloked, and my phone was only on 29 mins and the systenm is draining every time i look at my phone i see a lower batt. %. Does this have to do with restoring data from a previous version of this rom?

The way I have always been told is to never restore data from previous ROM. Only restore apps and app data. I use Titanium backup pro. I also have been told it is sometimes best to install apps fresh from playstore if you have any issues with new ROM. The cleaner you install the better chance you don't have issues.

byron1985

Oct 25, 2012
Yeah im having horrible battery issues with the new version. I don't know what's wrong now when I look at gsam battery monitor to figure out where my drain is coming from it shows that kernel is taking up 16.5% of the battery and I don't know why anyone have any suggestions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

edboy21

Apr 27, 2010
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My god this isn't normal my system is taking up a lot more then the screen, and check out my wake time 26 f***in minutes. What's up with this ROM yeah I ran a diff kernel my phone was way too hot with the stock one.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Try wiping cache and dalvik. That usually solves my high system data issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AppzTheGawd

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
No battery life here. I recommend those who are having issues try wiping caché and dalvik and their battery stats and go thru 2 cycles if this doesn't fix the issue re download and re flash the rom entirely.

I'm on 15 hours 3h on screen time which is pretty normal for me.

On a side note is there any app that let's me oc or uc with stock kernel and the settings stick? Just trying to add at least an hour of on screen time to my battery.

Last edited:

pinoy724

May 12, 2010
On 2nd cycle with stock kernel, with awesome battery life.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362105328516.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362105328516.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362105339392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362105339392.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 92

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
I know, I was told too. I dunno what I did but my systems stay below the screen and I kept the data. Got 11 hours and I'm a 64%... Also I switched to the stock kernel.

Sent from my SGH-T999

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City

Dialing down the voltage can screw things up more than you can imagine. All chips are not created equal.

Last edited:

Rawt

Mar 1, 2013
I would like to suggest that the boot music be removed by default. Just flashed to this, and woke up the wife and kids because this thing boots on full volume with that god awful music playing.

I also have several issues such as kies not connecting to restore settings, random 'gallery stopped responding', 'unable to process request' when dialing #1234#, and several other issues. Not sure if this is the place to bring them up or not.

Rawt

Mar 1, 2013
I know what you're talking about, but this is the dev's choice. I, personally, remove this poweron.ogg from the rom update zip (actually, I replace it with the one I like) and flash it afterwards. :angel:
Good call, but i've already removed this and flashed back to stock. i literally had dozens of errors whenever i tried to do something with this rom. kies wouldnt connect to restore my stuff,etc - it was a mess. flashed back to stock and everything worked perfectly and kies connected instantly. would like to get this working, but i followed the instructions to a 't' and it didnt.

mgbotoe

Good call, but i've already removed this and flashed back to stock. i literally had dozens of errors whenever i tried to do something with this rom. kies wouldnt connect to restore my stuff,etc - it was a mess. flashed back to stock and everything worked perfectly and kies connected instantly. would like to get this working, but i followed the instructions to a 't' and it didnt.
this only happens with version x1? or x?

a lot of people are having problems with version X1 for some reasons

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx

If you really are from stock ie: ics you need to Odin to rooted jellybean rom, perform all the wipes and stuff and then flash this.

Feb 6, 2013
Nashville
Battery life

For some reason my phone did not like the X1 update. I flashed my wife's and her phone loves it. I was just not getting good battery life at with it. I had never flashed a Kernal before but after a suggestion in the main thread I tried the ktoonz Kernal. My settings are badass governor and sio scheduler running max 1512mhz and min 384mhz and my battery life has improved a lot. Just an FYI for those with trouble. Seems like no two phones are a like when flashing.

B

Bass_Man25

For some reason my phone did not like the X1 update. I flashed my wife's and her phone loves it. I was just not getting good battery life at with it. I had never flashed a Kernal before but after a suggestion in the main thread I tried the ktoonz Kernal. My settings are badass governor and sio scheduler running max 1512mhz and min 384mhz and my battery life has improved a lot. Just an FYI for those with trouble. Seems like no two phones are a like when flashing.

I had the same problem, but somebody suggested booting into recovery and clearing cache and dalvik cache. They also recommended doing this a few times and it took care of the battery problem. Now my battery life is much better (over 30 hours with moderate use).

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
Wow people, I am really surprised at all the complaining. Jovy does this for free (save a few small donations.) We are not entitled to anything so let's stop talking like we are. He always does his best to give us the best. He already said in the main thread he will make a flash able zip to disable volume mod. Also, the features he implements are his choice, so stop thinking we can tell him what we want.

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
No ones telling him anything, this isn't a developmental area... Were just disscusing the different problems we all encounter and ask another member for help. It's not even his thread , doubt he even reads this (maybe he does). Stop browning bruh lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Running this rom with faux kernel uv - 25 intellidemand 1512 384.

Getting good life no problems I can see. System is taking up 20% which is 4th in my consumers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I would start this thread so that we can move all the non-development talk out of the development section. I hope people will use it so that when something that pertains to development is talked about it will be easier to find. We can discuss what kernels gives best battery life, which ones work and which one break things. We can post about our favorite apps, widgets, wallpapers, or how the weather is outside. Maybe someone will get help on an issue they are having. We can discuss anything within the guidelines of XDA, lets just try to help keep Jovy's thread clean.

I'll start, has anyone had an issue when coming out of sleep the screen is dim and you have to go into brightness and tap it to make it work? I think maybe I set my clock frequency to low or maybe I should be using a different governor. Another issue that bugs me is when I have ripple effect set and use a black background for my lockscreen the borders of the screen look slightly grey. I have read posts about this and by turning off ripple effect the color is like it should be. I like the ripple effect and I like black backgrounds, does anyone know about a fix for this, or does anyone notice this issue on their phone.

Here's the link to the Darthstalker ROM if you read this post and want to check out the actual ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014442

I am not the developer of this ROM, all credit for this great ROM goes to jovy23 and those he's listed in his OP.

~ Todd

Man, the development thread is going downhill dude. Can't type a single thing without someone putting their red eye on you.

That is the exact reason I created this thread. The last time when the new update was going to drop there was so much noise in the dev thread that it was hard to follow. The development thread should only be for development topics and feedback on bugs people find and this thread is for everything else. I read this thread looking for comments on what mod are working, what kernels are people using, etc...... I read the Dev thread looking for bugs people are experiencing, updates from jovy,etc..... I just hope that jovy doesn't get pissed off from some of the comments in the dev thread and stop working on it. I used to run frosty ROM until dj quit working on it because some people were being rude/ungrateful and he shut it down. I don't blame anyone who is doing something for free and gets insulted because something isn't right. I know I can't do what these guys provide for us for free and I am grateful they provide something that makes our phones better. If I wanted stock phone I would have bought an iPhone. Rules are rules, not that they are all good, but when you're in someone else's house you follow their rules good or bad and if people would understand this it wouldn't be so frustrating. Problem is the trolls that want to flame threads just to get reactions and they are good at it. It's the internet and it's easy to be a internet tough guy.

Naw stock everything. I use ROM toolbox pro to uninstall system apps but I guess it is damaging something in the process ... I'll manually remove and then push non inverted gmail

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    I use RU Pro (Root uninstaller pro) to uninstall it or just rename to Gmail2.bak.. and i manually pushed the Gmail2.apk I like. I have done it to all of Jovys ROM .. I have tried many different themed Gmail .. ver 4.2.1 and 4.1. I like this transparent better . Here . Just re-name
    and push ..
    Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
    I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Here's a link to the stock kernel, you can experiment and flash this back if needed...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326881

Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

This is what I followed to get my GPS back. It does work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111306